Just picked up a Gold 5s at Best Buy

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I happened to be in Best Buy this afternoon and decided to check out the 5c, just to see what it looked and felt like. During the conversation I was told I could get $300 on a trade in for my 16GB iPhone 5. They also happened to have a 32GB gold 5s. I have a few phones on my plan (through my family and business) so I have an upgrade available every few months. Needless to say, I walked out with a 5s with twice the capacity for $35 (the Verizon activation fee). I am quite happy. I was surprised because I thought there was a shortage of the "champagne" model.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I happened to be in Best Buy this afternoon and decided to check out the 5c, just to see what it looked and felt like. During the conversation I was told I could get $300 on a trade in for my 16GB iPhone 5. They also happened to have a 32GB gold 5s. I have a few phones on my plan (through my family and business) so I have an upgrade available every few months. Needless to say, I walked out with a 5s with twice the capacity for $35 (the Verizon activation fee). I am quite happy. I was surprised because I thought there was a shortage of the "champagne" model.

That my friend is called a score !!

maryjane2300

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Wow good stuff!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy is a great side-door way of getting the rarer iPhone models, provided that you don't mind getting one that is (temporarily) locked to the carrier. (Although all the Verizon units are unlocked, of course!)

I got my 64 GB gold model at 8 AM on launch day, at a Best Buy in a Toronto suburb.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's weird you were able to get it walking in, I was under the impression that all Best Buys were doing reserve lists only, and were not doing walk in sales on the 5S (gold that is). Maybe that is sporadic throughout the country or something...who knows.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Lucky you mate. Wish I had a gold.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow! Wish I could find a gold model around here in 32gb. I have 2 space grey, one in 16 and the other in 32. Wonder what they'd take for my iPhone 5... 32gb...

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The funny thing was that last week I told myself there was no way I was going to get a 5s. It's funny how things work out.
By the way, they actually had 2 Verizon gold models there, and were sold out of all the rest.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
On Monday i was thinking the same thing. im just gonna walk in and their gonna be in stock! Wow was i wrong. They are sold out in every store in my area. Worst part is i sold my 4s thinking i was gonna get a 5s quickly, now im stuck with a palm pre 2 till best buy gets more. I was told it should be 1 to 2 months!!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That's AWESOME!!! I ordered my Gold Verizon 64GB through Best Buy and picked it up at 9am on launch day! I guess Best Buy has been a hero to some of us:cool:

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
just experienced something similar walking in a Optus Store (one of the bigger carriers in Australia) not expecting any 5S phones, and when the guy said he would check the inventory and returned I was taken aback because he even had 4 gold ones left. Unfortunately all 16gbs, but he was quite chatty and divulged they had received iPhones for the third day straight now, which seems to hint the supply is slowly at least getting more constant, even if in small packages.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i wonder if best buy in canada would do that to.. hmmm if i had a opprotunity like that i would take it to i think but then i am still happy with the iphone 5

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
i wonder if best buy in canada would do that to.. hmmm if i had a opprotunity like that i would take it to i think but then i am still happy with the iphone 5

I was happy with my iPhone 5 as well, but I couldn't resist a newer phone with twice the capacity for essentially free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal