Coming from the iphone 5 i had wifi issues. The 5S has much stronger wifi and extends much further. The 5 would always drop it's signal when I went to the 2nd floor of my house. The 5S has full wifi strength no matter where on the 2nd floor I go. The battery life just keeps getting better. Very happy with the 5S.
    Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    09-25-2013 09:29 AM
    Coming from the iphone 5 i had wifi issues. The 5S has much stronger wifi and extends much further. The 5 would always drop it's signal when I went to the 2nd floor of my house. The 5S has full wifi strength no matter where on the 2nd floor I go. The battery life just keeps getting better. Very happy with the 5S.
    Vinny

Do you have a different case on the 5s than you did on the 5? I found out after months of trouble that my case was causing issues with my LTE and Wifi signal. It had a bit of metal on the back which looked cool but caused a lot of headaches!
    09-25-2013 09:32 AM
    Vinny

Do you have a different case on the 5s than you did on the 5? I found out after months of trouble that my case was causing issues with my LTE and Wifi signal. It had a bit of metal on the back which looked cool but caused a lot of headaches!
    I agree with Joe on this because, although I do not have an iPhone 5S, my iPhone 5 maintains a Wi-Fi signal strength at a pretty decent distance. At times, I can leave my home and walk clear across the street and maintain my connection.
    09-25-2013 09:46 AM
    I can get in my vehicle and drive down the street about 10 houses and I'm still connected to my Wi-Fi on my iPhone 5

*****Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-25-2013 09:58 AM
    I can get in my vehicle and drive down the street about 10 houses and I'm still connected to my Wi-Fi on my iPhone 5

Tweet @LondonComp ***
    ​Nice........
    09-25-2013 10:00 AM
    ​Nice........
    The irony is that I cannot connect to my cellular network from my basement. On the rare occasion that I want to text my non-iPhone friends I'm unable until I come on to the main floor of my house because I get zero bars on Rogers network in my basement. And I frequently miss phone calls when I'm downstairs.

Tweet @LondonComp ***
    09-25-2013 10:14 AM
    The irony is that I cannot connect to my cellular network from my basement. On the rare occasion that I want to text my non-iPhone friends I'm unable until I come on to the main floor of my house because I get zero bars on Rogers network in my basement. And I frequently miss phone calls when I'm downstairs.

Tweet @LondonComp ***
    ....I suppose that's the trade-off for having such an excellent Wi-Fi connection....(laughing)
    09-25-2013 10:17 AM
    ....I suppose that's the trade-off for having such an excellent Wi-Fi connection....(laughing)
    I saw on the news yesterday that since Canadian television went digital there is a bandwidth available that could be used for cellular networks but the big cellular companies in Canada such as Rogers and Bell aren't using it. Apparently if this bandwidth was used everyone would be able to get a signal in their basement or even in elevators. The CRTC was trying to sell it to Verizon or AT&T but there were no buyers so this bandwidth just sits unused. Pity!

Tweet @LondonComp ***
    09-25-2013 10:25 AM
    I saw on the news yesterday that since Canadian television went digital there is a bandwidth available that could be used for cellular networks but the big cellular companies in Canada such as Rogers and Bell aren't using it. Apparently if this bandwidth was used everyone would be able to get a signal in their basement or even in elevators. The CRTC was trying to sell it to Verizon or AT&T but there were no buyers so this bandwidth just sits unused. Pity!

Tweet @LondonComp ***
    Now that sucks!, and I'd be a tad ticked about it if I were a Rogers customer. I mean, why wouldn't they use it for their own customers?
    09-25-2013 10:36 AM
    I haven't checked speed wise, but I know that after the WiFi update on the iPhone 5, I didn't have problems connecting with that device either (and this one I never really got a chance to connect to WiFi because as soon as I got it home, it was sold and boxed up).
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-25-2013 10:45 AM
    I actually had wifi drop issues on my i5 but since updating to iOS7 it hasn't happened at all 😕

Sent from my iPhone 5
    09-25-2013 10:50 AM