Hello All,

3 days back, I bought an iPhone 5s (as a gift for my sister who is currently residing in US) from Apple store US using my international credit card (non-US). I provided my sister's US address as shipping address, and also billing address (since it was not accepting international addresses).

Immediately, my card was charged with USD 10.60. I guess, it was more of a pre-authorization check.

Only today, I came to know that using international credit cards on Apple US store isn't allowed, and Apple may cancel my order.

In this situation, what should I do? Should I wait for apple's action - maybe I will get lucky? Has anybody else bought using international credit card?

Or, should I try to arrange for US credit card, and change the payment details by calling Apple's helpline? Does apple allows changing payment details for an already placed order?

09-25-2013 06:39 AM
    I'd call Apple and explain. They may let you change the payment details that way. Perhaps you could send the money to your sister and she could pay with her, presumably, US credit card.
    09-25-2013 08:04 AM
    may you told me if buying from Apple with international Credit Cart worked or not, I'm thinking to buy iphone 5s through my international credit card

Thanks and waiting
    10-26-2013 08:02 AM
    They will accept the credit card don't worry. I bought the 5S using an international credit card.

If you call Apple they will tell you it is not allowed and they might even cancel your order. Just leave it the way it is and everything will be fine.

Even if at any low chance the order got canceled all the money will be refunded so you won't lose anything

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-26-2013 08:32 AM
    Here is what you do. You call your credit card provider and you tell them that you would like to add a billing address to your card. Give them your sister's address and it should ship. BUT, YOU MUST GIVE THEM HER ADDRESS EXACTLY AS SHE GIVES IT TO YOU AND EXACTLY AS YOU PUT IT IN ON APPLE'S WEBSITE.
    11-13-2013 11:22 PM