iPhone 5s restarts on its own after exiting certain apps

Mason Rasmussen

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
As the title says, my iPhone 5s keeps shutting down after opening certain apps. Yesterday it was just the notability app. After I meandered through the days lecture notes I exited the app and then the whole screen went blue (similar to what old pcs would do when something went wrong) and then would proceed to restart. I went to the apple store, they claimed it was just that the app wasn't ready for the 5s. Now tonight as I was looking over a document in Pages, it did the same thing. Had anyone else had these issues, and if so, we're you able to figure out what's going wrong? Thanks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If the issue is easy to replicate - take it to where you got it, or an Apple Genius Bar and explore warranty device exchange options.

dennyc69

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
That is an issue with the apps as that was a common problem during beta testing with alot of them. Make sure the apps that are crashing the phone are ready for iOS 7, if not contact the developer to see when an update will be available.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'll have to try exchanging it while it's new. I wonder if I'll be able to bypass the verizon 35.00 reshelving fee.
Restock fees aren't supposed to apply in warranty situations... only "satisfaction guarantee" returns/exchanges for different model/color.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Would they exchange if I bought it at verizon? I would prefer a new one, not a new replacement one from Apple. I'm not sure they would do this anyway.

Absolutely. The Apple store will handle any exchange or repair on anything with their logo on it, regardless of where you bought it.

The iPhone 5S is brand new... there are no refurbs at this point...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox