Returning my iPhone for the initial colour I really want

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

Compliance with these basic guidelines should see you sailing in smooth waters for years to come at Mobile Nations.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I think it is important to get exactly what you want. If you don't, it will bother you that you don't have what you set out to get. I have learned this lesson the hard way.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a classic black BookBook case. FTW!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it is important to get exactly what you want. If you don't, it will bother you that you don't have what you set out to get. I have learned this lesson the hard way.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a classic black BookBook case. FTW!

You got a good point mate. I'll sleep over it.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I have the gold and its definitely nice but I would like to point out it is a light shade of "gold" and in good lighting actually looks like the silver. :straight-face:

Just my two cents..

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
At launch day last Friday I had to get 2 iphone 5S. A space grey 16gb for me and gold 32gb for my wife. I already have a new lifeproof case for her phone...so realistic you wont be able to tell her iphone is gold. She always used good cases to cover her phone since we have 3 kids. The moment I found out that there was no gold and only silver or space grey 32gb she said NO!!!! I call her again and she said NO I want GOLD!!! So I had to order from apple.com with a shipping date until October. I left the store happy with my phone and while I waited at store to upgrade and activate new device I ordered hers. So you know people want GOLD!!! LoL

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
At launch day last Friday I had to get 2 iphone 5S. A space grey 16gb for me and gold 32gb for my wife. I already have a new lifeproof case for her phone...so realistic you wont be able to tell her iphone is gold. She always used good cases to cover her phone since we have 3 kids. The moment I found out that there was no gold and only silver or space grey 32gb she said NO!!!! I call her again and she said NO I want GOLD!!! So I had to order from apple.com with a shipping date until October. I left the store happy with my phone and while I waited at store to upgrade and activate new device I ordered hers. So you know people want GOLD!!! LoL

That's the way I was feeling last week Friday when I got to the store so early and they never had gold. That was such a disappointment. But again I'll be using a case. Arrg!!
Decisions decisions decisions.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the gold and its definitely nice but I would like to point out it is a light shade of "gold" and in good lighting actually looks like the silver. :straight-face:

Just my two cents..

that is correct. saw this in person and been reading about this all over the internet.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
That's the way I was feeling last week Friday when I got to the store so early and they never had gold. That was such a disappointment. But again I'll be using a case. Arrg!!
Decisions decisions decisions.

don't swap it. I already see you just taking your phone out of the case every time someone wants to see how the gold looks. Call me crazy buts its annoying to constantly be taking a phone out of its case plus on some cases the case itself starts to wear and tear because of this. sleep over it tonight and just keep it. within weeks we all be like gold who? gold what? blah! LoL hahahahahahahah

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
If your main concern is standing out and looking cool or different, then you're getting it for the wrong reasons IMO. Silver looking like a 5 isn't a big deal...another instance where status is important for some people.

I definitely think some want the gold so that they're able to show others they have the latest and greatest; however I can't down anyone for waiting on what they want. I wanted a specific capacity as opposed to a specific color. So I got a space gray. I love it!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you bought it outright, OP, then sell that thing and make some money off it instead of returning it. I'm assuming you'd buy the gold iPhone outright, anyway.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
This whole thread has gotten slightly out of hand in some respects. However, I would contend that using an iphone with a black face vs one with a white face is a whole different experience. I'm not saying one is better but it is definitely different.

As far as gold vs silver, I don't really care. I do know that 95% of people only want gold because it is rare and new.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
This whole thread has gotten slightly out of hand in some respects. However, I would contend that using an iphone with a black face vs one with a white face is a whole different experience. I'm not saying one is better but it is definitely different.

As far as gold vs silver, I don't really care. I do know that 95% of people only want gold because it is rare and new.

And there is nothing wrong with someone wanting the color for those reasons. To each his own. If you are spending that much money on a product that you will use everyday, then it should be what you want.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
And there is nothing wrong with someone wanting the color for those reasons. To each his own. If you are spending that much money on a product that you will use everyday, then it should be what you want.

Truth!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro