Returning my iPhone for the initial colour I really want

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
There's only two colors imo..black or white. It's funny how the color of the back seems to matter to so many especially if using a case.

I agree. I actually always buy the black so people DON'T know I always have the new one. I don't want people thinking I foolishly buy the latest iphone every year. I'm supposed to be an adult... LOL

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
IF you're going to use a case, I wouldn't bother, IF you're happy with your current unit. I don't think it's worth the wait, personally. But only you can make that decision. The gold, to me, is a novelty and I think the novelty will eventually wear off.

Your justification is do valid. I feel this gold iPhone is just ( as you say) a novelty. I have a feeling when it comes out to the masses it will be dull and everyone will have it. Maybe your right.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You'll know when you get a shipping date emailed to you (or via the status page). As far as store stock, there's no way of knowing, even the employees at the store claim they don't know what models are coming in and how many...

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking maybe the fastest way of getting the phone is returning at at apple then asking if they can hold one for me as soon as they received stock. It could be a faster way you recon? Than doing it over the website which is set for a delivery date for late October.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I actually always buy the black so people DON'T know I always have the new one. I don't want people thinking I foolishly buy the latest iphone every year. I'm supposed to be an adult... LOL

Lol. Good reasoning. I'm just a nerd that loves technology in all varieties.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nike avatar because it's my favorite brand my choice, not because Phil Knight tells me it should be. The products for my needs are the best. I don't get them for the status symbol of it...

No **** it's his money it's all our money we can do what we want with it. If you want something literally to show off that you have it because other people don't then that's silly to me. I ordered a gold because I wanted a white phone since I've had a black 5 and I actually liked how the gold turned out. I'm not getting it to "show off" because I think that's high schoolish...you're clearly missing the point trying to be made.

All in all you should get what you want for whatever reason it is. IMO if that reason is because you want to be cool then it's silly.

For YOUR needs. You buy nike because its your FAVORITE brand of clothes. These are choices bud, no more or less legitimate than his desire to own the iPhone because it's gold and, for the time being, a sort of "status symbol" (if he choose to view it as such). You're sitting there blasting him about it, when you're guilty of the same thing...pot calling the kettle black is the old saying.

You keep saying it's "silly" to you...you're one opinion. I think it's silly to buy overpriced Nike crap that is out performed in every way by other products for half the price, and I know for a fact (since I've been guilty of it myself) that Nike, as a whole, is a company driven by it's brand name, and not because of it's functionality...if people wanted the top tier product based on how it actually works for them, nobody would buy Nike stuff...I have Nike products myself, none of which were bought for any other reason than visual appeal.

Bottom line...and I say this again, who are you to tell a person what is a legitimate reason for them to spend their money? He could be buying the iPhone because he likes the way the box texture feels, and his reasoning would be perfectly legitimate, and just as realistic as your own.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nike avatar because it's my favorite brand my choice, not because Phil Knight tells me it should be. The products for my needs are the best. I don't get them for the status symbol of it...

No **** it's his money it's all our money we can do what we want with it. If you want something literally to show off that you have it because other people don't then that's silly to me. I ordered a gold because I wanted a white phone since I've had a black 5 and I actually liked how the gold turned out. I'm not getting it to "show off" because I think that's high schoolish...you're clearly missing the point trying to be made.

All in all you should get what you want for whatever reason it is. IMO if that reason is because you want to be cool then it's silly.

I hear your point. I've never been the type to want to look " cool". Not me. I do things for myself. To make me happy and content. I was exactly like you, I had a black iPhone 5 and wanted a change with the 5S so I originally wanted gold. I couldn't get it cause of short supply so I got the silver.
In saying this I wasn't fully satisfied because I didn't initially get the colour I wanted particularly.
So to verify a few things I didn't want the gold to " show off" or say " I'm at a high status" or anything childish like that.
I wanted to get it for ME.
Pow!

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If your getting it for you, that's all that matters!

Sean is clearly still missing the point. You know nothing about brands etc in my life, you just assume because I have a swoosh that's all I care about. Their products aren't "outperformed in every way". In some cases yes, that's when I'll wear my mizunos or brooks. Clearly you aren't big into sports apparel technology like I am as well.

It's funny that all this is coming from the same guy who bought a gold iphone and flipped it to make a little profit. 😂

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If your getting it for you, that's all that matters!

Sean is clearly still missing the point. You know nothing about brands etc in my life, you just assume because I have a swoosh that's all I care about. Their products aren't "outperformed in every way". In some cases yes, that's when I'll wear my mizunos or brooks. Clearly you aren't big into sports apparel technology like I am as well.

It's funny that all this is coming from the same guy who bought a gold iphone and flipped it to make a little profit. ��

What planet are you on right now man? Because you've gone from judgmental to down right bizarre in the matter of a few posts. Who said anything about nike being all that you care about? And in that, who said that the gold iPhone was all he cared about? I'm perfectly clear on your post, you were being judgmental when you have no room to be at all. And how on earth could you deduce that I'm not big on sports apparel? I have a closet full of sports apparel, more varying brands of athletic shoes than you could shake a stick at...I also understand how Nike makes a majority of it's revenue, and it isn't because their gear is the best in the business for actual usage.

And lastly...how does my flipping of the gold iPhone have any relevance to this conversation?

You were being a judgmental ***** initially and now, you want to be the "if it's for you, that's all that matters!" guy? Really? LOL! The fact you've changed your tune tells the whole story bud.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I just find it hilarious that someone would have gall to tell another person that their reasoning for spending THEIR OWN MONEY is silly or "wrong". Especially when they wear a status symbol "label" in their avatar. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

You are literally [redacted]. Spending your money for other reason than looking cool and hip IS DUMB.

That's not what he's doing, that's why I said its fine. Genius.

Last edited by a moderator:

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Good luck with your color swap. It sounds more trouble than its worth. You are gonna use a case right?

I went from wanting to get 5s now to thinking about getting in December and then possibly holding off until next year for a 6. Lol thanks to delay in being able to supply the need of consumer. For now I'm still using my 3GS in an otter case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
You are literally [redacted. Spending your money for other reason than looking cool and hip IS DUMB.

Umm, I think you mean "figuratively" [redacted].

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You are literally [redacted]. Spending your money for other reason than looking cool and hip IS DUMB.

Sweetheart, did you so quickly forget your first posts? How ignorant you were being? I mean it was less than an hour ago, your short term memory couldn't be THAT bad, could it?

What business is it of yours how anyone but YOU spends their money? Get off your high horse bud.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Sweetheart, did you so quickly forget your first posts? How ignorant you were being? I mean it was less than an hour ago, your short term memory couldn't be THAT bad, could it?

What business is it of yours how anyone but YOU spends their money? Get off your high horse bud.

It's a forum where people express their opinions, and I was expressing mine on the situation. Are you going to lose sleep over it?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's a forum where people express their opinions, and I was expressing mine on the situation. Are you going to lose sleep over it?

I'm not going to lose a wink over it...and yes, the forum is a place to share opinions, and to YOU, spending money on that kind of thing is silly and "wrong". When you start trying to apply that to other people though, you've stepped out of that boundary, and you've entered into a judgmental arena when you had no room to do so (and is certainly not what these forums are made for).

You wanted to be the jacka$$, you got called on it and you didn't like you. Move on little one, you're burying yourself here.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
i'm not going to lose a wink over it...and yes, the forum is a place to share opinions, and to you, spending money on that kind of thing is silly and "wrong". When you start trying to apply that to other people though, you've stepped out of that boundary, and you've entered into a judgmental arena when you had no room to do so (and is certainly not what these forums are made for).

You wanted to be the jacka$$, and you got called on it and you didn't like you. Move on little one.

you bought the gold for the wrong reason. Lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73