Returning my iPhone for the initial colour I really want

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been thinking about returning my white silver iPhone 5S to apple that I bought outright. I wanted the gold 64 gig iPhone 5S but when I got in line at 6:30 they told me they had sold out
I would rather give this phone back to apple and wait a month to receive what I truly want.
It's gonna be a drag living without my iPhone. For a while. I called up apple and they have no idea when they will be receiving there iPhones at the store.
I'm thinking, if I return my phone tomorrow, will I be guaranteed a phone the day they receive stock? Will they call me to come and pick it up or do I have to just go there. ??
I've never had to deal with this because I always order online( preorder) but they were non for the 5S.
Anyone in my boat??
I bet the people that compromised may be feeling the same way I do, but living without an iPhone for so long will be a challenge.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I completely understand your feelings on the situation. TBH, if it were me, the gold 5S would be my choice as well. When ordering it, if it told me I'd have to wait till Nov to get it, i would, even though the wait would probably kill me at that point lol.

Good luck with your color swap...I really do hope it works out for you !!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You should just learn to love the gold.

Why do you want it this much more then the silver?

I like gold. It differentiates from the other models. It stands out. My white silver looks like an iPhone 5 that's silver whilst the gold would be the trademark of the 5S.
It was my initial colour of choice

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I completely understand your feelings on the situation. TBH, if it were me, the gold 5S would be my choice as well. When ordering it, if it told me I'd have to wait till Nov to get it, i would, even though the wait would probably kill me at that point lol.

Good luck with your color swap...I really do hope it works out for you !!

Thank you for your support. I'm gonna do it tomorrow. But I have no idea when I will be receiving it. :-/.
Probably late October.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I like gold. It differentiates from the other models. It stands out. My white silver looks like an iPhone 5 that's silver whilst the gold would be the trademark of the 5S.
It was my initial colour of choice

If your main concern is standing out and looking cool or different, then you're getting it for the wrong reasons IMO. Silver looking like a 5 isn't a big deal...another instance where status is important for some people.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
If your main concern is standing out and looking cool or different, then you're getting it for the wrong reasons IMO. Silver looking like a 5 isn't a big deal...another instance where status is important for some people.

Does this apply to phones that are bought out right from the apple store?

I just want it to look different. It's got nothing to do with pleasing other people. Maybe it came out wrong :-/.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Does this apply to phones that are bought out right from the apple store?

Yes, it applies to all gold iPhone's. The only way you can get one earlier than the back order date is to go to the store and be first in line, allowing you to hopefully score one of the random units shipped to an actual Apple store. I know yesterday when my friend when to go get one, the main store in Atlanta only got two of them, and both were 64GB models.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
There's only two colors imo..black or white. It's funny how the color of the back seems to matter to so many especially if using a case.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

How can a preference be a wrong reason for getting the phone he wants? So what if he wants to have the gold iPhone to show off...it's his money, who are you to determine what is right and wrong about how anyone but YOU spends their money and for what reason?

Let's take your avatar for instance. A Nike swoosh. Nike is one of the most "status" driven companies in the world...their products are no where near the best on the market, and most of their sales revolve around the consumer wanting a piece of apparel that an athlete wears (because of a highly paid sponsorship deal no less). If you want to judge someone for desiring a product due to it's status, perhaps you should look in the mirror before jumping down someone else's throat.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It all matters what's on the inside that counts lol

But very true when using a case... Why does color really matter?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it applies to all gold iPhone's. The only way you can get one earlier than the back order date is to go to the store and be first in line, allowing you to hopefully score one of the random units shipped to an actual Apple store. I know yesterday when my friend when to go get one, the main store in Atlanta only got two of them, and both were 64GB models.

Yeah I guess. But when will I know there will be available? They don't even know when they receive there stock for iPhones.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It all matters what's on the inside that counts lol

But very true when using a case... Why does color really matter?

Yeah you got a point. Why does colour really matter. Having a gold iPhone would be sweet but I always have cases. You got me thinking. Should I really go along with this.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
IF you're going to use a case, I wouldn't bother, IF you're happy with your current unit. I don't think it's worth the wait, personally. But only you can make that decision. The gold, to me, is a novelty and I think the novelty will eventually wear off.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How can a preference be a wrong reason for getting the phone he wants? So what if he wants to have the gold iPhone to show off...it's his money, who are you to determine what is right and wrong about how anyone but YOU spends their money and for what reason?

Let's take your avatar for instance. A Nike swoosh. Nike is one of the most "status" driven companies in the world...their products are no where near the best on the market, and most of their sales revolve around the consumer wanting a piece of apparel that an athlete wears (because of a highly paid sponsorship deal no less). If you want to judge someone for desiring a product due to it's status, perhaps you should look in the mirror before jumping down someone else's throat.

I have a Nike avatar because it's my favorite brand my choice, not because Phil Knight tells me it should be. The products for my needs are the best. I don't get them for the status symbol of it...

No **** it's his money it's all our money we can do what we want with it. If you want something literally to show off that you have it because other people don't then that's silly to me. I ordered a gold because I wanted a white phone since I've had a black 5 and I actually liked how the gold turned out. I'm not getting it to "show off" because I think that's high schoolish...you're clearly missing the point trying to be made.

All in all you should get what you want for whatever reason it is. IMO if that reason is because you want to be cool then it's silly.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I guess. But when will I know there will be available? They don't even know when they receive there stock for iPhones.

You'll know when you get a shipping date emailed to you (or via the status page). As far as store stock, there's no way of knowing, even the employees at the store claim they don't know what models are coming in and how many...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice