At launch day last Friday I had to get 2 iphone 5S. A space grey 16gb for me and gold 32gb for my wife. I already have a new lifeproof case for her phone...so realistic you wont be able to tell her iphone is gold. She always used good cases to cover her phone since we have 3 kids. The moment I found out that there was no gold and only silver or space grey 32gb she said NO!!!! I call her again and she said NO I want GOLD!!! So I had to order from apple.com with a shipping date until October. I left the store happy with my phone and while I waited at store to upgrade and activate new device I ordered hers. So you know people want GOLD!!! LoL
    That's the way I was feeling last week Friday when I got to the store so early and they never had gold. That was such a disappointment. But again I'll be using a case. Arrg!!
    Decisions decisions decisions.
    09-25-2013 12:05 PM
    I have the gold and its definitely nice but I would like to point out it is a light shade of "gold" and in good lighting actually looks like the silver.

Just my two cents..
    that is correct. saw this in person and been reading about this all over the internet.
    09-25-2013 12:05 PM
    That's the way I was feeling last week Friday when I got to the store so early and they never had gold. That was such a disappointment. But again I'll be using a case. Arrg!!
    Decisions decisions decisions.

don't swap it. I already see you just taking your phone out of the case every time someone wants to see how the gold looks. Call me crazy buts its annoying to constantly be taking a phone out of its case plus on some cases the case itself starts to wear and tear because of this. sleep over it tonight and just keep it. within weeks we all be like gold who? gold what? blah! LoL hahahahahahahah
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    09-25-2013 12:41 PM
    If your main concern is standing out and looking cool or different, then you're getting it for the wrong reasons IMO. Silver looking like a 5 isn't a big deal...another instance where status is important for some people.
    I definitely think some want the gold so that they're able to show others they have the latest and greatest; however I can't down anyone for waiting on what they want. I wanted a specific capacity as opposed to a specific color. So I got a space gray. I love it!
    09-25-2013 02:06 PM
    There's only two colors imo..black or white. It's funny how the color of the back seems to matter to so many especially if using a case.
    Indeed! I keep my phone in a case so others will see nothing but the face of it!
    09-25-2013 02:10 PM
    If you bought it outright, OP, then sell that thing and make some money off it instead of returning it. I'm assuming you'd buy the gold iPhone outright, anyway.
    09-25-2013 02:15 PM
    Yeah you got a point. Why does colour really matter. Having a gold iPhone would be sweet but I always have cases. You got me thinking. Should I really go along with this.
    Get the phone you want and are willing to pay for!
    09-25-2013 02:15 PM
    This whole thread has gotten slightly out of hand in some respects. However, I would contend that using an iphone with a black face vs one with a white face is a whole different experience. I'm not saying one is better but it is definitely different.

As far as gold vs silver, I don't really care. I do know that 95% of people only want gold because it is rare and new.
    09-25-2013 03:09 PM
    This whole thread has gotten slightly out of hand in some respects. However, I would contend that using an iphone with a black face vs one with a white face is a whole different experience. I'm not saying one is better but it is definitely different.

As far as gold vs silver, I don't really care. I do know that 95% of people only want gold because it is rare and new.
    And there is nothing wrong with someone wanting the color for those reasons. To each his own. If you are spending that much money on a product that you will use everyday, then it should be what you want.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a classic black BookBook case. FTW!
    09-25-2013 03:30 PM
    And there is nothing wrong with someone wanting the color for those reasons. To each his own. If you are spending that much money on a product that you will use everyday, then it should be what you want.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a classic black BookBook case. FTW!
    Truth!
    09-25-2013 03:45 PM
    I have been thinking about returning my white silver iPhone 5S to apple that I bought outright. I wanted the gold 64 gig iPhone 5S but when I got in line at 6:30 they told me they had sold out
    I would rather give this phone back to apple and wait a month to receive what I truly want.
    It's gonna be a drag living without my iPhone. For a while. I called up apple and they have no idea when they will be receiving there iPhones at the store.
    I'm thinking, if I return my phone tomorrow, will I be guaranteed a phone the day they receive stock? Will they call me to come and pick it up or do I have to just go there. ??
    I've never had to deal with this because I always order online( preorder) but they were non for the 5S.
    Anyone in my boat??
    I bet the people that compromised may be feeling the same way I do, but living without an iPhone for so long will be a challenge.
    I hear you. I want a gold iphone despite the fact that it will be covered by a case -- I want to know that when I spend as much money as I'm spending, that i'm getting my #1 choice. My order says that it won't ship until October, and doesn't specify a date. It is driving me crazy, but I know it will be worth the wait in the end. Do what will make you happy. If you think you will regret not getting the one you want in the long-run, then return the one you have.
    09-25-2013 06:24 PM

That's my point exactly. I jut called apple and they said they will refund me the money in full. But they. Won't tell me when they have stock at all. So I'll have to keep calling everyday to see wether they have stock 😒.
    What a drag!
    09-25-2013 08:55 PM
    I hear you. I want a gold iphone despite the fact that it will be covered by a case -- I want to know that when I spend as much money as I'm spending, that i'm getting my #1 choice. My order says that it won't ship until October, and doesn't specify a date. It is driving me crazy, but I know it will be worth the wait in the end. Do what will make you happy. If you think you will regret not getting the one you want in the long-run, then return the one you have.
    Thanks man. I think my best option is buying this phone online. And waiting a whole month or so for the gold to arrive. The apple store has frequent shipments and they don't tell costumers. It's first come first serve basis. This is making me think.
    09-25-2013 08:57 PM
    Thanks man. I think my best option is buying this phone online. And waiting a whole month or so for the gold to arrive. The apple store has frequent shipments and they don't tell costumers. It's first come first serve basis. This is making me think.
    You can cancel your order while it's being processed (as mine still is and will be until some unknown date in October) ... so if you walk into an apple store in a week and buy a new iphone, you can then go home and cancel the online order. That way, you get it whichever way is fastest.
    09-25-2013 09:29 PM
    Returning my iPhone for the initial colour I really want-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1380159092.656359.jpg That about sums it up. I still want mine though. I'm tired of black.
    09-25-2013 09:32 PM
    The gold looks so beautiful. When are you getting yours ?
    09-25-2013 09:44 PM
    You can cancel your order while it's being processed (as mine still is and will be until some unknown date in October) ... so if you walk into an apple store in a week and buy a new iphone, you can then go home and cancel the online order. That way, you get it whichever way is fastest.
    I haven't ordered online yet. Still in the process of thinking about actually returning it. It's such a hard decision.
    09-25-2013 09:48 PM
    That's my point exactly. I jut called apple and they said they will refund me the money in full. But they. Won't tell me when they have stock at all. So I'll have to keep calling everyday to see wether they have stock .
    What a drag!
    That's because they really and truly don't know. They get shipments M-F, but the're blind-meaning they don't know what's inside till they bust open the case. (I know this because I asked them when *I* called...)

If they knew, they would tell you. Imagine the poor geniuses who have to answer thousands of calls per day, every day, just. Like. Yours. It's one call for you... Countless calls for them.
    09-25-2013 11:30 PM
    That's because they really and truly don't know. They get shipments M-F, but the're blind-meaning they don't know what's inside till they bust open the case. (I know this because I asked them when *I* called...)

If they knew, they would tell you. Imagine the poor geniuses who have to answer thousands of calls per day, every day, just. Like. Yours. It's one call for you... Countless calls for them.
    I think I'm going to throw in the towel. I'll stick to the white silver 5S
    09-25-2013 11:39 PM
    I think I'm going to throw in the towel. I'll stick to the white silver 5S
    This entire thread is you posting every 2 hours about your indecision on color of iphone. Back and forth, back and forth. Pick a color and nobody has to know. For real, I hope you don't ever have to make a decision that's important.

End this discussion and move on! Sheesh!
    09-26-2013 12:00 AM
    This entire thread is you posting every 2 hours about your indecision on color of iphone. Back and forth, back and forth. Pick a color and nobody has to know. For real, I hope you don't ever have to make a decision that's important.

End this discussion and move on! Sheesh!
    Come now...
    Of coarse I can make an important decision in my life. I just needed opinions from a few people. Nothing wrong with that. But in saying this, you got a point.
    Decision done and finalised.
    Thanks for your input.
    09-26-2013 12:11 AM
    Crowd sourcing affirmation usually ends like this...
    09-26-2013 12:12 AM
    Crowd sourcing affirmation usually ends like this...
    True. It has it advantages and disadvantages. I saw the gold today at the apple store and it looked silver from a distance. After seeing that It was confirmed. It doesn't matter to me as much as it did before. At the end of the day the phone does the same function.

But getting opinions from you cool guys has helped a lot.
    Thank you all.
    ame likes this.
    09-26-2013 12:16 AM
    True. It has it advantages and disadvantages. I saw the gold today at the apple store and it looked silver from a distance. After seeing that It was confirmed. It doesn't matter to me as much as it did before. At the end of the day the phone does the same function.

But getting opinions from you cool guys has helped a lot.
    Thank you all.
    Yup. First thing I noticed when I was it in person. Anyways it's been fun and congrats on your decision. Now goooooo! Go enjoy ur iPhone 5S

iMore APP via iPhone 5S
    09-26-2013 02:37 AM
    The gold model is subtle in certain light, but believe me, it's definitely GOLD...you would not mistake it for silver.
    09-26-2013 08:16 AM
77 1234