5s in- store pickup option is live. And works.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks LOL. Went there Friday morning at 8 already knew there was going to be a huge line don't know if you remember the mall layout but it stretched almost down to American Eagle. Of course they only had space gray LOL.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Good luck tomorrow!!!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I went there once and seen the line outside and i went to Verizon on blackstone and no one was there and walked in and out in 5 min at 10am on launch day lol

Haha yeah should have did that! I also went to Best Buy right after and supposedly had Gold in stock so I waited then got inside and the guy who told they had it said they miscounted :/ so I ordered one but really want silver.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Haha yeah should have did that! I also went to Best Buy right after and supposedly had Gold in stock so I waited then got inside and the guy who told they had it said they miscounted :/ so I ordered one but really want silver.

Bestbuy in river park is a trap nobody knows how to use the roundabout lol

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
According to some of the blogs this morning, Apple has pulled the iPhone 5S from the in-store pickup option. The 5C can still be purchased online for store pickup, but the 5S must be delivered via shipping OR purchased in an Apple store (or, obviously, from a third party reseller).

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
According to some of the blogs this morning, Apple has pulled the iPhone 5S from the in-store pickup option. The 5C can still be purchased online for store pickup, but the 5S must be delivered via shipping OR purchased in an Apple store (or, obviously, from a third party reseller).

Wow- I just checked: it is no longer possible to do today what I did yesterday. Feeling even luckier today - and drinking a toast to my inner OCD (Click, Check, Available? No, Repeat)! I could not tear myself away yesterday - and glad for that!

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Wow- I just checked: it is no longer possible to do today what I did yesterday. Feeling even luckier today - and drinking a toast to my inner OCD (Click, Check, Available? No, Repeat)! I could not tear myself away yesterday (and I felt like a nut job because of it) - yet hearing this, I think a few hours of nutty paid off. You don't get to say that every day!

So I've got that going for me.

gseed

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Wow, then I am much luckier then I thought. I originally had reserved at Target (due to my religious observance that prevented me from going Friday or Saturday). They never got the shipment in. Tried Radio Shack saturday night and best buy on Sunday (whose website said that stores had it in stock - FAIL), and was going to give up and order online until the in-store pickup option showed up Monday morning, and was available in a store 1/2 hour away by subway. I called the store to make sure it was accurate, but the employee would only say 'probably.' But it was ready for pickup in about 10 minutes, and in my hands an hour later. I feel very lucky!

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow, then I am much luckier then I thought. I originally had reserved at Target (due to my religious observance that prevented me from going Friday or Saturday). They never got the shipment in. Tried Radio Shack saturday night and best buy on Sunday (whose website said that stores had it in stock - FAIL), and was going to give up and order online until the in-store pickup option showed up Monday morning, and was available in a store 1/2 hour away by subway. I called the store to make sure it was accurate, but the employee would only say 'probably.' But it was ready for pickup in about 10 minutes, and in my hands an hour later. I feel very lucky!

CONGRATS- you are indeed lucky. not lucky that it worked- b/c when it lets you buy that way online, it is there and they tell you when its ready for you.

your luck - like mine- was in catching a fleeting option that has since evaporated. In past years, it has gone live and stayed that way... still tough to catch, but it didn't vanish.

Congrats again- enjoy your phone!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
CONGRATS- you are indeed lucky. not lucky that it worked- b/c when it lets you buy that way online, it is there and they tell you when its ready for you.

your luck - like mine- was in catching a fleeting option that has since evaporated. In past years, it has gone live and stayed that way... still tough to catch, but it didn't vanish.

Congrats again- enjoy your phone!!

While it’s true that in the past after Apple launched the buy/pickup program for iPhone 5 that it stayed... but they didn’t start the program this early, either... it took several weeks before they did. There is still an overwhelming demand for the 5S...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
While it’s true that in the past after Apple launched the buy/pickup program for iPhone 5 that it stayed... but they didn’t start the program this early, either... it took several weeks before they did. There is still an overwhelming demand for the 5S...
This is true. I'm actually surprised that Apple did open up the in store pickup option this early. I'm thinking this may have been done as a test to see what kind of response they would receive.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I'm one of the lucky ones as well. I used this option yesterday to get my 5S. I was surprised they already had this option available.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of the lucky ones as well. I used this option yesterday to get my 5S. I was surprised they already had this option available.

I could have gotten it as well since I had it in my cart and the store was set. However, I removed it because I didn't want to blow my early upgrade on the 5S and since I was going to pay full retail I might as well just keep the Unlocked Silver iPhone 5S that I ordered from Apple on the 22nd.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Yeah. I checked on Sunday night and there was in-store pickup available. The one that had it was a little out of my way.
When I woke up 8 hours later to hit the gym in the morning and I checked, in-store pickup was gone. Been the same
since.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned the in store pickup reserve from last year to 2 people from Apple this week and neither of them knew what I was talking about. I was frustrated. Let's see if it's open. Last year it was 9pm but it's 12am now?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned the in store pickup reserve from last year to 2 people from Apple this week and neither of them knew what I was talking about. I was frustrated. Let's see if it's open. Last year it was 9pm but it's 12am now?

It's been deactivated for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox