5s in- store pickup option is live. And works.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I remember this from last year's launch of the 5. People were going online at 12:01am and purchasing online for in- store pickup the next morning.

I am happy to report that I had success already this afternoon... as did the gentleman ahead of me. Got lucky late in the afternoon: purchased online for in- store pickup, had new phone in hand an hour later. Now setting up 64GB 5s in space gray.

Crazy: with 5 in one hand and5s in the other, the 5 has five circles of signal strength... The 5s has... Three. ?????

mrnserv

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
After a terrible disappointment of thinking I was getting a Sept 20 store pick-up from Best buy, I ended up ordering online from Apple for AT&T 64GB space gray on Friday and was on the 7-10 business day shipping list.

This morning I saw option for Apple store personal pick-up opening up and found a couple stores with stock but 4 hours away, no go. Tried again this evening around 5-5:30pm and found at least 2 local Apple stores with stock. Had to cancel online order to release number for upgrade order and 1 1/2 hours later was in line at Apple store waiting for pick-up with a line of probably 10-15 people for personal pick-up and maybe 10 people for "maybe I'll get lucky and they will have one in stock I want" waiting. Luckily I was number 3 in line and with in 30 minutes I was able to walk out with an iPhone 5s, 2 weeks earlier than I was expecting from my online order.

If you are lucky enough to have an Apple store nearby or more than one, keep checking for store stock and the personal pick-up option and maybe you will get lucky, it worked for me.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about this. My Apple store is going to have 32 GB silver for Verizon but the website won't let me purchase it full retail.

Will I be able to go in tomorrow and buy it at full price?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about this. My Apple store is going to have 32 GB silver for Verizon but the website won't let me purchase it full retail.

Will I be able to go in tomorrow and buy it at full price?

Has anyone given you an explanation for why it won't work? It is common - lots of buyers who don't have upgrades.

I did just that. VZW phone at full price. It auto- checks for upgrade- if you're not eligible (I'm not) it gives you full price. On Apple.com. Should work the same way on the app, but that hung up in processing, so I used Apple.com.

You can reserve for in-store pick up if you have already completed the purchase online and chosen in- store pickup (it lets you do this only if there is a device available at that moment). You can try your luck at the store without buying for pickup, but that is a crapshoot if others get there first.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone given you an explanation for why it won't work? It is common - lots of buyers who don't have upgrades.

I did just that. VZW phone at full price. It auto- checks for upgrade- if you're not eligible (I'm not) it gives you full price. On Apple.com. Should work the same way on the app, but that hung up in processing, so I used Apple.com.

You can reserve for in-store pick up if you have already completed the purchase online and chosen in- store pickup (it lets you do this only if there is a device available at that moment). You can try your luck at the store without buying for pickup, but that is a crapshoot if others get there first.

Thing is I am eligible but I don't want to upgrade because of my grandfathered unlimited data. Is there a way to circumvent it on the website?

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thing is I am eligible but I don't want to upgrade because of my grandfathered unlimited data. Is there a way to circumvent it on the website?

Ahh, that makes sense. I'm not sure there is a bypass for that. There's no point in the process where it says" you have an upgrade- do you want to use it for this purchase?" (I didn't have an upgrade to decline, so, it wouldn't ask me. You may have to do that in person. Ugh- sorry!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

You might have to reserve it and let it think it's a upgrade and select option to pay In store then when you get there explain to them your buying full retail

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Maybe select a another number on your account that does not have a upgrade so that way it gives you the full retail price ?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ahh, that makes sense. I'm not sure there is a bypass for that. There's no point in the process where it says" you have an upgrade- do you want to use it for this purchase?" (I didn't have an upgrade to decline, so, it wouldn't ask me. You may have to do that in person. Ugh- sorry!

Haha it's all good! 😄

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I tried to do it but once I get to checkout the pickup option is grayed out and says in store purchase only but on the 5S page where you can choose the models availability says Today for my Apple store.

What gives? LOL.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I tried to do it but once I get to checkout the pickup option is grayed out and says in store purchase only but on the 5S page where you can choose the models availability says Today for my Apple store.

What gives? LOL.

Might be gone I remember doing those and you have to be quick

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ah I know the apple store your going too .. Good luck

Thanks LOL. Went there Friday morning at 8 already knew there was going to be a huge line don't know if you remember the mall layout but it stretched almost down to American Eagle. Of course they only had space gray LOL.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks LOL. Went there Friday morning at 8 already knew there was going to be a huge line don't know if you remember the mall layout but it stretched almost down to American Eagle. Of course they only had space gray LOL.

I went there once and seen the line outside and i went to Verizon on blackstone and no one was there and walked in and out in 5 min at 10am on launch day lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2