Dark spot on photos on my 5S

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Need to take my new 5S in already for a constant dark spot on every single photo.

Read about this issue happening with dust under the glass with the iPhone 5. Haven't seen anyone with this issue with the 5S yet.

tepuqyju.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're certain it is under the glass, take it to a nearby Apple Store and have it replaced. That is what I'd do.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yup go to Apple and they will switch it out... I would not try to do anything on the outside of the lens until they look at it... make sure you keep they sample picture, as it might move around..

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's definitely a symptom of dust (or another foreign object) under/on the lens...if you have an Apple store near you, bring it in, chances are if you got one of the more popular models they won't have a replacement for you, but I've read that they CAN clean the lens for you (this was happening last year with the iPhone 5 too, but is not a very common thing really).

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yup, already made an appointment.

It's definitely not on the outside of the glass. Cleaned off with a microfiber and I used my magnification goggles to look at the lens. I can't see anything on or under the glass.

Was posting so people would be aware that this problem exists on the 5S. Everyone take a photo of a white wall. I didn't even notice until I was taking photos of watches to sell on my light grey desk.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Thankfully My choice was a Space Grey 64GB on at&t. They told me that if they don't have a replacement, they will order one and call me when it arrives. I'm fine with that. I'm lucky, I have 2 apple stores each about 25 minutes from my house.

That's definitely a symptom of dust (or another foreign object) under/on the lens...if you have an Apple store near you, bring it in, chances are if you got one of the more popular models they won't have a replacement for you, but I've read that they CAN clean the lens for you (this was happening last year with the iPhone 5 too, but is not a very common thing really).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you're certain it is under the glass, take it to a nearby Apple Store and have it replaced. That is what I'd do.

I had to do that a couple of times with my iPhone 5... so far my 5S is perfect... but yes, a visit to the Genius Store is definitely in order.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
i say definitely take that in, i had this problem with my nokia phone once and had att replace it as that same dark spot kept showing up. Man i cant wait until wednesday for my iPhone to arrive, on a softer note the dude at the att store asked if had ghost since i kept getting black spots so i guess i will ask you as well take care.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Problem solved. Finally had time to get into the apple store today.

At first they were talking about servicing it. When I mentioned the device was less than a week old, they swapped it out with a brand new one in a retail box.

Thank you Apple for the amazing customer service as always.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2