Over 9 million new iPhone 5S and 5C sold in the first weekend...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple is a steaming bucket of fail!! Doomed!

Doing rather well for a company that can't innovate, and their new OS is completely missing everything the competition does... and their latest phones suck...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Now just think on how many more if the inventory was up higher... This may be the only thing that "Held" them back.....

WhiteSpir1t

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Apple has proven that the stock market is NOT a sure way to gauge a company's success.

I'd tell Mr Cook to forget about the shareholders and focus on what people want out of their devices.

Posted via CB10

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else feeling a sense of d?j? vu? Every year after the new iPhone is announced the media predicts doom and gloom for Apple, and every year the sales numbers blow that out of the water.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Now, that just tears it it up...I have to take my Gray 64gig 5s back and trade it in for an Andriod. I really don't like having what everyone else has...

Yeah, right!!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Coming from a past Apple Products Hater in fact launch day of the new iPhone I use to _itch to everyone that would listen about how bad the iPhone was and how the company only cared about themselfs and so on

My feelings have changed ten folds lately in fact I was shocked when I found out that Apple was releasing iOS 7 two days before the 5s went on sale because in my case it changed my mind about getting the 5s funny how many other people might have got in line last Friday if they had waited a couple of weeks before releasing there new operating system.

This just shows that Tim Cook seems to care about the end users and that goes a long way with me.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree... What impresses me most is that Apple doesn't leave the older models, nor their customers behind when upgrading the operating system. The new system works with older phones. Android doesn't do that quite nearly as well. I had the original Droid and about 13 months later it wasn't working nearly as well because the OS upgrades were leaving the phone behind. When I downloaded IOS7 into my 4s, it was almost like having a who;e new phone... and it worked!!! The 5s rocks even more. Quality is defined as meeting or exceeding customer's expectations or requirements.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Record setting.

Every year.

Year after year.

Top of the food chain.

...trolls be damned. It's really like watching your favorite baseball team win the world series. I love seeing Apple succeed. And not just succeed, but find success in such an overwhelming way.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Also remember that Apple reports actual unit sales not "sales into the channel" like some other manufacturers.

And for the low-information voters playing from home, that means Apple only counts the devices that are sold to customers... NOT sales that they make to stores and other retailers to resell to customers... so, for example, if Apple sells 100,000 to AT&T, that total is not included in their "over 9 million units sold" figure... if AT&T sells 50,000 of the 100,000, then Apple does count the 50,000 that were sold to customers... And as Karen says, the other manufacturers count every unit that leaves their warehouse whether it goes to a customer or sits in a reseller's warehouse for 6 months.

This is a case of all "over 9 million units sold" not being equal. Thanks for pointing that out, Karen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh