Push mail notifications not working?

Iceycold

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to iOS, coming from Android. My iPhone 5s has the mail app connected to my gmail account. In the settings, I have push notifications on but I'm not getting notifications/sound for them when I receive them. I have to manually check the app every time. However, if I send a mail to myself on the phone I do receive the notification and sound.
Apple TV

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Google does not allow active sync to iOS devices anymore unless you're paying for hosted email... for push, you have to use the gmail iOS app, or deal with fetch.

Iceycold

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Oh, didn't know that.

How does fetch work then exactly? Because I wasn't getting notifications at all, I had to open the Mail app as I said.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Fetch will do just that any time you open the Mail app... or got to settings>> mail...>> fetch new data>> scroll down and set 15 minutes, or 30, or hourly... or manual if you want that... and make sure your gmail account is set to fetch on that screen as well... or select manual if you want that.

Iceycold

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
After installing I noticed something, the keyboard within the app resembles the old iOS6 keyboard. Is this because the app has yet to be updated for ios7?

Iceycold

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Alright. Aside from that, Gmail seems to be notifying me just fine. And better yet, there's an update for it tomorrow.

Thanks to both of you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro