I think I'm getting ready to switch to apple from android for the second time

Brady KEITH

Banned
Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
for me it's the fragmentation and forking (I consider TouchWiz to be forking, not skinning) of Android that's driving me away from the OS. the last time i was an iOS user, the 3gs was new (as well as my last iPhone...until i buy the 5s 64GB).

i digress. OP, no launcher will accurately (or remotely) emulate iOS...while the appearance of iOS (or WP for that matter) is available on Android, no OS can accurately emulate the other. imho, it's a matter of investment in the apps, and user preference. to each his/her own.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I seem to go back and forth every six months. The cycle starts with whatever new Iphone apple releases. I get excited for the simplicity of IOS, the generally good battery life, the one handed usablity and being on Imessage with my entire family. I use that for six months and then get tired of the walled garden of IOS, the battery life that get progressively worse and the small screen size. I then jump to every android phone that is currently out until I find the one I like. I then use that for three or four months until I get bored of flashing ROM's searching for one that gives me great battery life and get tired of carrying around a giant phone that requires two hands to do simple tasks. Then the cycle begins again.

And yes, I am currently using an Iphone 5S.

robstunner

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Using a moto x and iPhone 5s currently and having a hard time deciding. Fit and feel is better on the moto x no doubt and the screen really did hit a sweet spot but iOS 7 surprised me. I have another 24 days of the of contract iPhone 5s to play with to decide.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

robstunner

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I to have been back and forth between Apple and Android.....I've had the iPhone, 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4s, then went over to Android and had the Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X, Note 2, Nexus 4, NTC One, Galaxy s4, and the LG G2. loved them all but wanted to try iOS 7, so I traded my LG G2 for a 32gb Space Grey 5s. To keep my hand in the Android world, I recently picked up the 2013 Nexus 7 (this way I get the latest OS updates on both devices).

In my opinion, both OSes are mature and both do the job, I don't prefer one over the other. I wish the iPhone screen was a bit bigger (wider actually) and would not mind a 4.5inch screen (although after holding the Moto X, I believe that phone may just be the sweet spot size wise).

What finally made me switch back from Android to the iPhone was the constant releases of new phones by all the manufactures. I constantly felt the need to upgrade to the latest device....Apple lets me enjoy my device for a whole year, before I feel the need to upgrade, which why I also bought the Google Nexus 7as Google only refreshes the line once per year.

This me literally to a T. I've owned every android that was a flagship for the last few years and I'm just tired of being always behind whether or was new features or os versions. Now the moto x is an amazing phone but I'm typical Motorola style im sure the moto x 2 is literally 5 months away like they did with massively quick spat of atrix phones on att

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
This me literally to a T. I've owned every android that was a flagship for the last few years and I'm just tired of being always behind whether or was new features or os versions. Now the moto x is an amazing phone but I'm typical Motorola style im sure the moto x 2 is literally 5 months away like they did with massively quick spat of atrix phones on att

That's it exactly.... I really liked the Nexus 4, but the camera was not very good. All the manufacturers put out "Flagships" at different times with bumped up specs and you feel like a rat in a maze chasing the cheese.....

I also realized that I was customizing my phones the same way (Nova launcher and a standard set of widgets), but mostly using apps to do stuff. Since all of my must use apps are on iOS and Google, it did not matter what ecosystem I was in.

So hopefully, I'll enjoy my 5s until next September......

~S

robstunner

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
That's it exactly.... I really liked the Nexus 4, but the camera was not very good. All the manufacturers put out "Flagships" at different times with bumped up specs and you feel like a rat in a maze chasing the cheese.....

I also realized that I was customizing my phones the same way (Nova launcher and a standard set of widgets), but mostly using apps to do stuff. Since all of my must use apps are on iOS and Google, it did not matter what ecosystem I was in.

So hopefully, I'll enjoy my 5s until next September......

~S

Yep, the Google Services are really top notch even on iOS. If only that screen was 4.7' like the moto X. The screen size is literally the only thing that makes me iffy on the 5s over my moto x. (and the fact that 4.4 is around the corner and moto x is still on 4.2.2)

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Yep, the Google Services are really top notch even on iOS. If only that screen was 4.7' like the moto X. The screen size is literally the only thing that makes me iffy on the 5s over my moto x. (and the fact that 4.4 is around the corner and moto x is still on 4.2.2)

I have a Nexus 7 (2013), so I am prepared to check out 4.4, but I don't think its going to be a huge change over 4.3.... I must say that I went from the LG G2 which had a gorgeous 5.2" screen in a chassis the same size as the GS4 and I made the transition back to the iphone 5s pretty easily. But I agree with you that if the next iPhone has a 4.5/4.7 screen I'm totally in.

~S

robstunner

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 (2013), so I am prepared to check out 4.4, but I don't think its going to be a huge change over 4.3.... I must say that I went from the LG G2 which had a gorgeous 5.2" screen in a chassis the same size as the GS4 and I made the transition back to the iphone 5s pretty easily. But I agree with you that if the next iPhone has a 4.5/4.7 screen I'm totally in.

~S

ONly thing is for me the moto x is worth 500ish if i sell it, while the iphone can be returned for the full 708 after tax. Im not sure the iPhone is worth that premium however it is a great device.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm giving up my Z10 or my SG3 yet, but one or both have to go.....It's time for ME to experience something different. I do know that....SMILE.

WhiteSpir1t

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I learned the hard way.

Gave in to a company now known to mislead its customers, and 7 months later, still no apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 <----made for God's way of punishing you

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner