Did you have to compromise for your 5s?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I wanted a 16 gig and ended up with a 32 gig space grey. However AT&T had a pricing error in their system. It rang up $640 for the 32 Gig at full retail price. So I am very happy in the end. They rep sold one just before me the last 16 gig and it rang up as $540.

perryfamily10

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes I had to compromise... I wanted white/silver 32 but they didn't have any for Verizon and since I got there at 4:15 I didn't want to leave without a phone (my husband would have killed me) I ended up with space gray. I have had both a white and black iPhone and I really like the white front better. I called the Apple store today to see if they had any white in stock yet and they didn't the apple store is way out of way from home and work so I haven't decided if I will try to return it yet. I did decide to change my wallpaper which made the black a little better to deal with.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I wanted a 16 gig and ended up with a 32 gig space grey. However AT&T had a pricing error in their system. It rang up $640 for the 32 Gig at full retail price. So I am very happy in the end. They rep sold one just before me the last 16 gig and it rang up as $540.

Hell of a discount my was 749.99 for my 32 gig

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I wanted Space Gray or Gold, in 32, so when the store had no Gold, I got the Space Gray. Not really a compromise as I wanted both about the same, and for me the real goal was to get it day one. :)

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The only "compromise" I am having to make is giving a couple of weeks for the first batch of phones to get into circulation and see if there are any hardware issues that have to be addressed. Somewhere around early to mid-October I'll be walking into an Apple store (or Vzw store, whichever is closer when I get the urge), and pick one up.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Ordered white and silver with 64gb of internal storage. Didn't want the Gold iPhone 5s, I was worried about the Gold chipping like last years black. Ordered mine on Friday night and tracking number says I'll have the phone today before 3:00pm (Monday)
Very happy,
Vinny

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I had a horrible experience with getting my phone, I waited at my carrier store for hours for nothing as even though being told at 7 there were white/silver in stock there wasn't I was still considering buying the space grey but then I was told I had to buy accessories in order to purchase the phone (complete bs) since I was out I decided to try my luck at one of the Apple stores in my city (we have 3 all within a 10-15 minute drive) and there was a huge line but I still went up and asked low and behold they had ONE white/silver in stock for any carrier and it happened to be mind so I took it. I really had only planned on going with a 32 gb same as my 5 as I still have tons of space and especially considering I was gonna pay $100 more than if I had bought directly from Sprint but I didn't want to make my day all for nothing then the real fun came when I waited for 1.5 hours to get in the store and buy it and then the phone wouldn't activate so I was there for another hour dealing with that mess and in turn had my hair appointment canceled because I was 30 minutes late which was probably the worst part about today lol. For all my time, inconvenience and extra money and dealing with one nasty lady they did give me a decent credit on my account so if you count that I paid $249 for my 64 gb so you really can't beat that but it was a huge hassle and I highly doubt I will EVER do the line thing again.

maryjane2300

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I had a horrible experience with getting my phone, I waited at my carrier store for hours for nothing as even though being told at 7 there were white/silver in stock there wasn't I was still considering buying the space grey but then I was told I had to buy accessories in order to purchase the phone (complete bs) since I was out I decided to try my luck at one of the Apple stores in my city (we have 3 all within a 10-15 minute drive) and there was a huge line but I still went up and asked low and behold they had ONE white/silver in stock for any carrier and it happened to be mind so I took it. I really had only planned on going with a 32 gb same as my 5 as I still have tons of space and especially considering I was gonna pay $100 more than if I had bought directly from Sprint but I didn't want to make my day all for nothing then the real fun came when I waited for 1.5 hours to get in the store and buy it and then the phone wouldn't activate so I was there for another hour dealing with that mess and in turn had my hair appointment canceled because I was 30 minutes late which was probably the worst part about today lol. For all my time, inconvenience and extra money and dealing with one nasty lady they did give me a decent credit on my account so if you count that I paid $249 for my 64 gb so you really can't beat that but it was a huge hassle and I highly doubt I will EVER do the line thing again.

$250 for a 64gb?!!! Seems worth it to me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

apple_power_user

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't really like the idea of the finger scanner. It just seems like a gimmick to me. There is a way to turn it off, right? I totally agree that the 5 is a solid phone. I love it.

I have had absolutely no problems with touch ID. It works as advertised, and I cannot imagine going back to a passcode. For those whining about it not working if they or the scanner are dirty, news flash: practice hygiene. Geez.

BTW, I took space gray 16GB. 😊

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Well once I sat in line for 19 hours and was second in line the inventory at the Apple store was incorrect. Because they handed out more cards than they had phones I got the 64 gb space grey and I got a call today that they have my gold 64gb ready to pickup. The only bad thing is I cant go get it until Wednesday... Two extra days with this awful mismatched phone... lol On the topic of the touch id scanner, I love it. I too have transitioned from a simple four digit passcode to a truly secure password.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well once I sat in line for 19 hours and was second in line the inventory at the Apple store was incorrect. Because they handed out more cards than they had phones I got the 64 gb space grey and I got a call today that they have my gold 64gb ready to pickup. The only bad thing is I cant go get it until Wednesday... Two extra days with this awful mismatched phone... lol On the topic of the touch id scanner, I love it. I too have transitioned from a simple four digit passcode to a truly secure password.

Wow... first world problems... but calling any iPhone 5S an "awful mismatched phone" is stretching credibility. :)

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered 2 golds at midnight friday. After seeing some of the reviews and people posting pictures I liked the way the space gray looked. I went to Verizon friday evening and paid full retail for a space gray. I am now going to be selling my 16gb unlockd gold on ebay. I think I should turn a decent profit :)

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Wow... first world problems... but calling any iPhone 5S an "awful mismatched phone" is stretching credibility. :)

Lol It is more of a joke than anything else, however, I do hate the way the grey and black look together. But then again I never have cared for the black iPhones...

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I got exactly what I wanted. Space Gray 64GB on at&t. I don't think I would have compromised if that wasn't available...even after waiting in line since 3am

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding out for my 32GB gold. I could have walked out of the Apple Store several times with a Grey one, but my online order for the gold is still processing....so I'm gonna wait the week or so for it to show up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal