Wanted gold, got grey which was my second choice. No gold to start off in my Vodafone shop. Honestly not a bid deal for me anyway, it'll be in a case all the time anyway!
    anon4757448 likes this.
    09-22-2013 07:44 PM
    I ordered at BestBuy a 32GB SpaceGrey but the sold the one I paid for before I could pick it up that morning. So got a 16GB at Radio Shack. I don't really use the space, only 11GB in use now anyway. Had a 32 4S was only using 14GB so no loss. Just have to watch it. I did want the Grey I don't care about the gold or silver, I prefer the black front.
    09-22-2013 08:19 PM
    No compromise for me, but also no phone yet. Hurt even worse being 2nd in line.

All I got was 3 hrs of visiting with strangers in line & a lot of laughs.
    Online order says it's shipped (fingers crossed)
    09-22-2013 09:03 PM
    Just got my space gray 64gb today! Wanted the gold one but after seeing and getting the grey, no regrets whatsoever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-22-2013 09:11 PM
    Wanted gold got grey .. Was first in line but store didn't have any .. My 5 was sole and I had to ship it so I guess it is what it is ..

Apple should let us trade ours in as long as it's still mint .. Lol
    Yeah, I am really tempted to do that with Best Buy being I have full 60 day exchange period(silver premier or whatever it is called).

Sent from my HTC One or iPhone 5S
    09-22-2013 09:19 PM
    Waited in line for 6 hours on Friday for the Gold, ended up with Space Grey. Returned on Saturday at the precise moment the store had received a new shipment, got 2 Golds and returned the Space Grey.

Couldn't be happier
    auntrosie likes this.
    09-22-2013 09:21 PM
    I wanted a silver but I knew I had no chance of getting it since I didn't get in line until 11:15. I got the space gray and fell in love after a few hours.
    09-22-2013 09:30 PM
    I certainly had to compromise. I wanted a 32gb Gold and walked away with 32gb Gray..... I wasn't leaving empty handed. Lol
    09-22-2013 09:34 PM
    First person on line at my store. I wanted gold but all they had was space grey. I had to get it since I had already sold my phone. So I'm sticking with it until I find a gold.
    09-22-2013 10:00 PM
    I originally wanted to buy a white/gold 64 GB phone, but the day before I bought the black/space grey 64 GB phone, I decided I would take whatever they had available with maximum storage (64 GB 5S or 32 GB 5C).

09-22-2013 10:03 PM
    I compromised sleep in order to 'guarantee' a 64GB space gray phone. I was in line at 5:15am. But, it was warm and raining and we were under an overhang. It was quite peaceful actually. I went back at noon to get some screen protectors and a guy walked right in and got the same version as me. So much for the 'limited' stock lol!
    Fausty82 and tbaptista like this.
    09-22-2013 10:03 PM
    Not I. Went to Apple at 10:15p Thursday night with 32 Space Grey in my heart and on my mind LOL. I didn't really "need" the 3rd spot in line persay, since the gold and white was going faster than Mario Andretti in his prime and the Space Grey was in abundance, but I walked out of that store proud. I had fantastic conversation for 9 hours with 2 random gentlemen who were just as passionate about Apple as I was, I ate some beef jerky, peed in a bush, got on the news, and got the perfect device. The only sacrifice I made was that of no sleep for my work shift following an hour after I left Apple.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    09-22-2013 10:43 PM
    I certainly had to compromise. I wanted a 32gb Gold and walked away with 32gb Gray..... I wasn't leaving empty handed. Lol
    That how I felt lol
    09-22-2013 10:46 PM
    The face looks the same, color wise... but the backs are significantly different. Not better, not worse, just different.
    Thanks for picture! I actually like it. Not more and not less like you said, haha.
    09-22-2013 11:17 PM
    Yes, you can choose to not use it - just turn it off in settings... but it is far from gimmicky.
    Do you have, use, or like the finger scanner? If it works, awesome. I just don't see it being something for myself.
    09-22-2013 11:20 PM
    Do you have, use, or like the finger scanner? If it works, awesome. I just don't see it being something for myself.
    Yes, yes, and yes. It really works well. Extremely well. And I’ve taken the extra security steps - disabled the Control Center from the lockscreen (pending resolution of reported issue), and deleted the 4-number PIN in favor of a "real" device password...
    09-22-2013 11:23 PM
    I wanted a 16 gig and ended up with a 32 gig space grey. However AT&T had a pricing error in their system. It rang up $640 for the 32 Gig at full retail price. So I am very happy in the end. They rep sold one just before me the last 16 gig and it rang up as $540.
    09-23-2013 12:04 AM
    Yes I had to compromise... I wanted white/silver 32 but they didn't have any for Verizon and since I got there at 4:15 I didn't want to leave without a phone (my husband would have killed me) I ended up with space gray. I have had both a white and black iPhone and I really like the white front better. I called the Apple store today to see if they had any white in stock yet and they didn't the apple store is way out of way from home and work so I haven't decided if I will try to return it yet. I did decide to change my wallpaper which made the black a little better to deal with.
    09-23-2013 12:17 AM
    I wanted a 16 gig and ended up with a 32 gig space grey. However AT&T had a pricing error in their system. It rang up $640 for the 32 Gig at full retail price. So I am very happy in the end. They rep sold one just before me the last 16 gig and it rang up as $540.
    Hell of a discount my was 749.99 for my 32 gig
    09-23-2013 12:18 AM
    Yeah I felt bad and asked him if he would get in trouble. He said nope whatever it rings up at is what it sells for.
    Peligro911 likes this.
    09-23-2013 12:19 AM
    I wanted Space Gray or Gold, in 32, so when the store had no Gold, I got the Space Gray. Not really a compromise as I wanted both about the same, and for me the real goal was to get it day one.
    09-23-2013 04:17 AM
    The only "compromise" I am having to make is giving a couple of weeks for the first batch of phones to get into circulation and see if there are any hardware issues that have to be addressed. Somewhere around early to mid-October I'll be walking into an Apple store (or Vzw store, whichever is closer when I get the urge), and pick one up.
    09-23-2013 08:30 AM
    Ordered white and silver with 64gb of internal storage. Didn't want the Gold iPhone 5s, I was worried about the Gold chipping like last years black. Ordered mine on Friday night and tracking number says I'll have the phone today before 3:00pm (Monday)
    Very happy,
    Vinny
    09-23-2013 08:46 AM
    I had a horrible experience with getting my phone, I waited at my carrier store for hours for nothing as even though being told at 7 there were white/silver in stock there wasn't I was still considering buying the space grey but then I was told I had to buy accessories in order to purchase the phone (complete bs) since I was out I decided to try my luck at one of the Apple stores in my city (we have 3 all within a 10-15 minute drive) and there was a huge line but I still went up and asked low and behold they had ONE white/silver in stock for any carrier and it happened to be mind so I took it. I really had only planned on going with a 32 gb same as my 5 as I still have tons of space and especially considering I was gonna pay $100 more than if I had bought directly from Sprint but I didn't want to make my day all for nothing then the real fun came when I waited for 1.5 hours to get in the store and buy it and then the phone wouldn't activate so I was there for another hour dealing with that mess and in turn had my hair appointment canceled because I was 30 minutes late which was probably the worst part about today lol. For all my time, inconvenience and extra money and dealing with one nasty lady they did give me a decent credit on my account so if you count that I paid $249 for my 64 gb so you really can't beat that but it was a huge hassle and I highly doubt I will EVER do the line thing again.
    09-23-2013 09:51 AM
    I had a horrible experience with getting my phone, I waited at my carrier store for hours for nothing as even though being told at 7 there were white/silver in stock there wasn't I was still considering buying the space grey but then I was told I had to buy accessories in order to purchase the phone (complete bs) since I was out I decided to try my luck at one of the Apple stores in my city (we have 3 all within a 10-15 minute drive) and there was a huge line but I still went up and asked low and behold they had ONE white/silver in stock for any carrier and it happened to be mind so I took it. I really had only planned on going with a 32 gb same as my 5 as I still have tons of space and especially considering I was gonna pay $100 more than if I had bought directly from Sprint but I didn't want to make my day all for nothing then the real fun came when I waited for 1.5 hours to get in the store and buy it and then the phone wouldn't activate so I was there for another hour dealing with that mess and in turn had my hair appointment canceled because I was 30 minutes late which was probably the worst part about today lol. For all my time, inconvenience and extra money and dealing with one nasty lady they did give me a decent credit on my account so if you count that I paid $249 for my 64 gb so you really can't beat that but it was a huge hassle and I highly doubt I will EVER do the line thing again.
    $250 for a 64gb?!!! Seems worth it to me...

09-23-2013 10:16 AM
76 1234