Official iPhone 5S Orders - Shipped - Delivered Thread:

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
UPS came while my friend was at work. I hate UPS already.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Boo! :(

In other news, my phone is at least in the US now ...

5u9ehebu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

jrode

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I do not envy those of you that ordered on release date.

I only ordered on Saturday and am obsessively checking every few hours to see if my order status has changed at all. Of course, no luck.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Boo! :(

In other news, my phone is at least in the US now ...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/16/5u9ehebu.jpg

#BlackMagic somehow UPS said that my friend signed the package and received it now. I still didn't contact my friend yet to confirm but hopefully that really happened.

Gz! Expect it to start moving fast now. It reached my friend address in the US in less than 24 hours, so probably by tomorrow it can make it to your home in Canada

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
#BlackMagic somehow UPS said that my friend signed the package and received it now. I still didn't contact my friend yet to confirm but hopefully that really happened.

Gz! Expect it to start moving fast now. It reached my friend address in the US in less than 24 hours, so probably by tomorrow it can make it to your home in Canada

Yay I hope your friend has it!! *crosses fingers**

Mine has now departed from Anchorage, so I feel it will get to me at the time they gave me. :)

9yma8yve.jpg

Ninjaunheard

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my Iphone 5s Black/Grey 32GB for Tmobile on October 7th at 3:30PM. My order status changed today October 15th to Preparing for shipping. Saying it should ship out by October 18th. and Arriving on October 24th by 2 business Days.

How long does it usually take for Preparing for shipment and do you think i should recieve it faster then those dates?

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yay I hope your friend has it!! *crosses fingers**

Mine has now departed from Anchorage, so I feel it will get to me at the time they gave me. :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/16/9yma8yve.jpg

It will go to Louisville now. You can track all UPS flights using this link: http://flightaware.com/live/findflight?origin=PANC&destination=KSDF

All flights are En Route now, so probably your iPhone has taken one of the flights already. The distance will take about 6 hours 30 minutes. :)

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my Iphone 5s Black/Grey 32GB for Tmobile on October 7th at 3:30PM. My order status changed today October 15th to Preparing for shipping. Saying it should ship out by October 18th. and Arriving on October 24th by 2 business Days.

How long does it usually take for Preparing for shipment and do you think i should recieve it faster then those dates?

Usually 24 hours, not more :)

mithun777

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Comming towards new jersey. So we will separated from Louisville.

Thanks mate.

It's reall benefit to choose express shipping.

Where is yours going?

I believe the next destination is Anchorage, followed by Louisville. Then since my phone is coming to Canada the final flight will likely be Hamilton I think.

mithun777

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My t-mob silver 64 gig has say by permanently to easterner country and enter in western part. So happy.

Now I am damn sure it will arrive on time..:))))

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Well my phone was supposed to be here today by 12pm and it's still stuck in Louisville (according to the tracking) despite there being a flight out of there this morning. Thanks UPS. You suck.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Well my phone was supposed to be here today by 12pm and it's still stuck in Louisville (according to the tracking) despite there being a flight out of there this morning. Thanks UPS. You suck.

Of course you can't complain to Apple now since they said it will be delivered on the 18th of October. But I think you can contact UPS using the toll free phone or use the live chat to contact them.

jrode

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I currently work in shipping and receiving and have found that mechanical issues with planes happen A LOT and that's not something that will be listed on general tracking information. It's very possible this is what could have happened with your package.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I currently work in shipping and receiving and have found that mechanical issues with planes happen A LOT and that's not something that will be listed on general tracking information. It's very possible this is what could have happened with your package.

How accurate are the flight tracking websites like FlightAware?

My package has now departed Louisville but there are no scheduled flights to Canada left. I'm really confused.
najuzu6u.jpg

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Of course you can't complain to Apple now since they said it will be delivered on the 18th of October. But I think you can contact UPS using the toll free phone or use the live chat to contact them.

Thanks ... I'm frustrated with UPS at this point, not Apple. Sigh. :(

jrode

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
How accurate are the flight tracking websites like FlightAware?

My package has now departed Louisville but there are no scheduled flights to Canada left. I'm really confused.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/17/najuzu6u.jpg

Interesting. I wasn't aware that you could track UPS/FedEx on FlightAware. That's cool to know. My guess is that it'd be pretty accurate, though.

At work, we have an account with UPS so we have access to UPS Quantum View which basically gives you detailed information on anything shipped from your address or shipped to your address. It's pretty common for planes to be held up by "mechanical issues" but I couldn't tell you how exactly that effects delivery time. I know that when we hand off Next Day Air items to our delivery driver at the end of the day (4 p.m. or so), they don't actually go on a plane until 10 at night. I'm guessing different places have a different number of flights going out.

It is odd that it left Louisville, but there are no Canada flights left. The only thing I can think of is that if there were plane issues, it's being routed somewhere else first.

jrode

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I should also add that updated tracking information can sometimes be screwy. I've noticed it with items I've ordered in the past both UPS and FedEx. It's very possible your package did actually leave Louisville this morning.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I should also add that updated tracking information can sometimes be screwy. I've noticed it with items I've ordered in the past both UPS and FedEx. It's very possible your package did actually leave Louisville this morning.

Thanks for the thorough reply!! :)

I hope that my phone at least arrives tomorrow ... it was actually scheduled to be delivered before 12pm today (according to the full ups website), so something went awry -- perhaps it is why you suggested. It's frustrating that they haven't updated the scheduled delivery time and say that it's still "on time". It's about 5 hours late at this point and it doesn't look like there's any way it will make it here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2