I still haven't received anything! grrr... is your's shipping fedex or ups? everything I've ordered in the past from apple always arrives via fedex but i know they use both.
    They're shipping mine through UPS
    10-02-2013 03:16 PM
    Ordered my 5S Space Gray 32GB from Apple on 9/20 at 11:30 am CST and just yesterday it changed to "shipped" UPS in China with a scheduled delivery on the 8th and I'm in Nashville, TN. Anyone receive theirs earlier than UPS predicted?
    10-02-2013 03:42 PM
    approaching 48 hours of beeing stuck at "preparing for shipment"
    10-02-2013 03:46 PM
    Same here, Silver Verizon 5S 16GB
    10-02-2013 03:57 PM
    at least you are at the "preparing for shipment status". I am still stuck on processing and I ordered on the 21st early in the morning.
    10-02-2013 05:01 PM
    at least you are at the "preparing for shipment status". I am still stuck on processing and I ordered on the 21st early in the morning.
    That is because i bought mine 6 minutes after the release date and I managed to get into 7-10 business day group
    it still takes forever though
    10-02-2013 05:11 PM
    Apparently the UK Apple.com store got a huge stock now. Many of my friends in the UK started getting their devices status changed to preparing for dispatch(shipment). Even those who ordered few days ago with the last order only 3 days ago. US Apple.com still no updates :/
    10-02-2013 05:12 PM
    I'm still processing> available to ship October :-( on a sept 24th order
    10-02-2013 05:35 PM
    Ordered at 12:03am on the 20th said processes in 7-10 business days. Finally updated on Monday at 12:45pm preparing to ship. Card was charged & hasn't moved since. Over 48 hrs!! Gold 64g AT&T 5s. Also I ordered my husbands Space Gray at the same time & it arrived a week ago today! It prepared for shopping in 12 hrs. I'm getting really frustrated.
    10-02-2013 05:54 PM
    I ordered 16gb gold through At&t and mine says preparing for shipment. Just ordered today....
    10-02-2013 06:01 PM
    It is probably already been shipped, just not updated, (hopefully :P)
    10-02-2013 06:51 PM
    I ordered 16gb gold through At&t and mine says preparing for shipment. Just ordered today....
    Wow. You ordered today and you already got that?
    10-02-2013 07:11 PM
    Wow. You ordered today and you already got that?
    Seams strange for me too, but maybe he got it from AT&T website not Apple.com

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-02-2013 07:41 PM
    Seams strange for me too, but maybe he got it from AT&T website not Apple.com

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    Yeah exactly. Cause that wouldn't make Any sense. Mine is still on processing items.
    10-02-2013 07:44 PM
    It is probably already been shipped, just not updated, (hopefully :P)
    Over 48 hours at preparing for shipment for me now too. I had an opportunity to reserve one for immediate pickup at my local store too but couldn't cancel the one already on order. That's a bit disappointing.
    10-02-2013 08:09 PM
    It's all BS! I ordered in the first TEN minutes and watched my shipment ETA go from 1-3 business days to 7-10 business days DURING my order and in under 10 minutes. That's ridiculous! I received my order confirmation at 12:11am PT/3:11am ET.

And no, it wasn't because so many more people ordered iPhones either! The ridiculously low (and sometimes absent altogether) stock of enough iPhones 5s devices. Not cool on Apple's part for teasing the 20th. It bothered me the minute I found out there were no pre-orders for the 5S, only the 5C. I've pre-ordered the 4S and 5 last year and everything was always perfect. I've been conditioned to expect the best from Apple and this was not one of its glorious moments.

How many of you have received yours? Does Friday, the 20th count as one of the 7-10 business days? lol... IMO, it should, because it was just TEN minutes into the day, so we were on business day #6 on Friday, Sept. 27, right? That means mine should ship tomorrow (the 7th business day, since I lost my 1-3 day ETA to 7-10 DURING my order, so it had to have been one of the earlier "7-10 ETA orders", no? lol

3 days ago, my order switched from "Processing" to "Preparing for shipment". I was also charged on Sept. 30. I called Apple if there was anything they needed from me, but no, "we're shipping them out as soon as we can". And that's true, of course, but having ordered as many products from Apple over the years, I've never seen the status "Preparing for shipment" for more than an hour, and usually, the estimates are always extremely conservative, so WTFF...............ARGHHH!!!

How long from "preparing for shipment" to "Shipped" has it taken for some of you? Help me in my desperation.
    10-02-2013 08:42 PM
    My order went through 15 minutes in ordering on the 20th. It moved to preparing for shipment on Monday the 30th. It is still preparing for shipment. This is frustrating. How long does it take to prepare something for shipment? It seems some people have only sat for hours in this stage and others of us are going into 3 days of this stage.
    10-02-2013 09:16 PM
    Something very depressing happened to me today. After going to the apple store several times and being told they don't have any gold 5s in stock, i decided to order online. Them this morning I call the apple stock just to see what they got( expecting them to tell me they don't have stock like they have done for the past week) then they tell me they have iPhone 5S gold in stock!!!!!!!!
    God am I mad
    10-02-2013 09:39 PM
    Well, I was all excited to report that my status changed today from processing to preparing for shipment...but reading some of these more recent posts, I am not longer as excited.

But at least it is moving!

Chris
    10-02-2013 09:40 PM
    Over 48 hours at preparing for shipment for me now too. I had an opportunity to reserve one for immediate pickup at my local store too but couldn't cancel the one already on order. That's a bit disappointing.
    Hmmm get it and sell the shipped one overpriced in eBay :P
    M.Rizk likes this.
    10-02-2013 10:38 PM
    I keep seeing people post about their phone being "preparing for shipment" for 1-2 days now.. I think they have a lot of shipments to prepare so it's like we get you're prepared, we change it, but we still gotta prepare these 1000 other phones before we ship them all, you know?

My order changed to "
    10-03-2013 12:06 AM
    I keep seeing people talk about how their phone has been "preparing for shipment" for 1-2 days now, I think they like prepare your phone, change it to being prepared.. then they gotta prepare like 1000 other phones before they send the shipment so..

My order status changed to "preparing for shipment" today, and I bet we're on the same shipment, expecting shipment to happen tomorrow, don't worry everyone
    10-03-2013 12:08 AM
    Ordered my AT&T Silver 5s February 20th around 3pm. It says 7-10 business days and says it should deliver Oct. 8-11. I don't think it will make this deadline because it still says that it is processing my item. Needless to say I will be very frustrated if it does not arrive by the estimated arrival date.
    10-03-2013 12:19 AM
    After 57 hours of Preparing for shipment My order just shipped! Hopefully this gives others hope!
    10-03-2013 12:37 AM
    Ahhhh...finally. Status changed to Shipped a few hours ago, but damned, I bet it's too late for what would have to be a Friday delivery to get it before the weekend. That blows! Although there was one time when they overnighted me a MacBook Pro w/ Retina display...all the way from China. It works because China is 15 hours ahead and I'm on the West coast!

The tracking says only one line: "ZhengZhou, China 10/03/2013 11:36 A.M. Origin Scan"

It also says "Shipped by "UPS Saver". From the research I've done, that appears to be the Express 2-3 day shipment type, is that correct? The other shipment method is "World Ease" that I have seen as part of this and other iPhone 5s shipment threads that I've seen.

Man, can you believe this? ONE DAY earlier would have meant Friday. Yes, I know this is a "first-world" problem if I've ever seen one. That notwithstanding, Apple has conditioned me to expect better. Much better.
    10-03-2013 03:48 AM
1,356 ... 1314151617 ...