Any issues with your iphone 5s?

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a slight annoyance from clicking the Home button/Fingerprint scanner. Sometimes it sticks slightly so I can feel that it's not as smooth of a click as normal. It's rare though so not an issue.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I went to turn my 5S off about an hour ago and the power button didn't move! It's stuck! Of course, I got extremely agitated, but after calming down I called Apple and got an appointment at the Genius Bar for tomorrow.

What's crazy is I want them to fix the one I have because I've grown attached to it! LOL

omgabunny

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I've only run into one issue so far after a week. When I opened the default music app and resumed playing my itunes radio station, the phone froze for a few seconds then rebooted. Other than that I haven't noticed any odd behavior.

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Keeping the 5S in the same place as I kept my 4S and I get a buzz out of my computer speakers occasionally. Dunno what Apple did but it created some new interference.

Also, for some reason (might be my fault) I can't get my ringtones onto the new phone. Really disturbing because one of them was bought from iTunes, the other I made.

omgabunny

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Keeping the 5S in the same place as I kept my 4S and I get a buzz out of my computer speakers occasionally. Dunno what Apple did but it created some new interference.

Also, for some reason (might be my fault) I can't get my ringtones onto the new phone. Really disturbing because one of them was bought from iTunes, the other I made.

That's usually just poor shielding on your speakers. Cellular RF communications cause it.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had one "soft reboot," and occasionally (like once or twice a day), pressing the wake/lock button does not wake the device. I have to press it again in order to wake it. It seems to only happen when I try and wake the device, not lock it. I'm not sure if it's hardware related or software related. Not that big of a deal for me. Although I have noticed that the wake/lock button is a litte "shaky." I have a Defender case on so it's not noticeable though.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a Silver Verizon 64GB 5S yesterday. I love the color. No issues at all. The 5S is simply awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
The only problem I've been having is with parallax. It sometimes makes my wallpaper jerk when I exit an app or wake the phone. My iPad 3 never has this problem. This seems to only affect the 5s

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having speaker phone issues, too quiet to hear and then too loud within the same conversation.

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having speaker phone issues, too quiet to hear and then too loud within the same conversation.

Not on a conversation. I am getting occasionally sound problems. Every now and then sounds would be louder than normal, then at other times sounds would be hardly audible.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Not on a conversation. I am getting occasionally sound problems. Every now and then sounds would be louder than normal, then at other times sounds would be hardly audible.

I just realized I am getting that fluctuation on system sounds as well when not on a call. Very odd

gavin777

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
The only problem I've been having is with parallax. It sometimes makes my wallpaper jerk when I exit an app or wake the phone. My iPad 3 never has this problem. This seems to only affect the 5s

This is me exactly. The jerky animations. Hoping an OS update fixes this on the 5s. My wife's 5 works perfectly......no jerking at all?

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
The minor nit to pick is that when I let go of the Home button, it loudly clacks as it pops up. My bigger problem is that the glass of the screen is not attached at the top, right corner. Spending about 40 minutes on the phone with Apple 1-800 and then my "local" (about an hour, twenty minutes away) was utterly pointless. The first guy I got was great until their system dropped my call and he didn't call back. The next three would fit right in as below average Sprint reps (that is NOT a good place to be). I don't want to pay for what seems it should be a free replacement (if they mail it - $30 out of my pocket) and, if I choose the drive to a store, they can't even hold a replacement. Maybe the best answer is to just wait a month and then try the store??

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Only fault I've really noticed is what others have mentioned in that the background jerks around occasionally or snaps back into place. Does the same on my iPad mini though so presumably it's an iOS 7 quirk they can fix.

Other than that it's just my fat fingers not being used to an on screen keyboard that cause the hassle

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The minor nit to pick is that when I let go of the Home button, it loudly clacks as it pops up. My bigger problem is that the glass of the screen is not attached at the top, right corner. Spending about 40 minutes on the phone with Apple 1-800 and then my "local" (about an hour, twenty minutes away) was utterly pointless. The first guy I got was great until their system dropped my call and he didn't call back. The next three would fit right in as below average Sprint reps (that is NOT a good place to be). I don't want to pay for what seems it should be a free replacement (if they mail it - $30 out of my pocket) and, if I choose the drive to a store, they can't even hold a replacement. Maybe the best answer is to just wait a month and then try the store??

Go to Apple for replacement. No fee, no hassle.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73