How's the battery compared to 5 or 4S is real world use?
    For me, it’s at least as good, if not better. I can go through the day and end up some 14-15 hours later with still having above 40% charge left...
    leslie haw likes this.
    09-25-2013 07:05 AM
    For me, its at least as good, if not better. I can go through the day and end up some 14-15 hours later with still having above 40% charge left...
    I want to see Irish's battery life she's had off the charts amazing life with her 5! So jelly!

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    09-25-2013 07:12 AM
    Just curious if anyone has had issues with the 5s? I am having some app issues, but not native apps. Wonder if it's just buggy ios 7 from a backup restore though. Other than that this phone rocks!
    I think not only with the 5s, there are other iphone users experiencing this.
    09-25-2013 07:19 AM
    Got mine yesterday and played with it all night (I'm such a kid). No issues so far. I haven't seen it mentioned but there's a iOS 7 update 7.0.1.
    When I synced my 5s to iTunes to restore as I had my 4s the update was there. I haven't had Safari crash like I was on my 4s.
    09-25-2013 07:57 AM
    Got mine yesterday and played with it all night (I'm such a kid). No issues so far. I haven't seen it mentioned but there's a iOS 7 update 7.0.1.
    When I synced my 5s to iTunes to restore as I had my 4s the update was there. I haven't had Safari crash like I was on my 4s.
    iOS 7.0.1 was announced when iOS 7 dropped on 09/18. It is a patch for the phones (5C and 5S) only...

And yeah, I get the "played with it all night" thing... it’s an amazing piece of kit.
    09-25-2013 07:59 AM
    I have had a few reboot or apple logo screens. Not really a reboot. More like it hangs and goes to the logo then comes back to where I left off. New os bugs! Yay these can be fun, but I love this 5s!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    kokobunnyy likes this.
    09-25-2013 11:35 AM
    The only issue I am having is with my ambient light sensor. I have my settings set to auto brightness like my iphone 5 I have an appointment to swap it out at the Sprint store. Never had an issue like this before.
    09-25-2013 02:43 PM
    After I lock my phone, I hear a strange sound after the typical locking sound. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Also, I think I may be jumping the gun, but my battery life doesn't feel as good as it should be. I'm gonna give it a week before I restore as a new phone.
    09-25-2013 05:31 PM
    Lost visual voicemail 2x but hopefully AT&T fixed it for now. My dropped calls is too many to count. Some calls I can't even complete.
    09-25-2013 07:33 PM
    Only issue I'm having is an issue with my signal and battery. Maybe it's a T-Mobile thing but the unlocked iPhone 5 was great on battery. I didn't have LTE but I had 4G on it. The TMo specific iPhone 5 was terrible on battery, I thought the 5S would be different but it's not. Then as far as signal, I was getting great signal in blocked areas but having the 5S a full day I can't say the same. I went ahead and had TMo give me another SIM card today so tomorrow I'll see what happens when I'm in class! And no, I don't use LTE, it's turned off. All I'm running on is 4G or HSPA+.
    09-25-2013 09:37 PM
    so far ok. It came to me with almost 80% on it, and I just d/l all my apps, activated, etc. and its just below 50. I am going to let it die before I recharge to full though.
    09-25-2013 10:25 PM
    The only issue I'm having is my 5s will not pick up LTE. It did when I first turned it on, then after activating it did not anymore. I'm on verizon on a grandfathered unlimited data plan. Called verizon and they're not sure why it's not working. Reset network settings, removed SIM card and put it back in. Rebooted, hard reset, tried everything I can think of. May need a new sim.
    09-26-2013 08:20 AM
    I have had a few reboot or apple logo screens. Not really a reboot. More like it hangs and goes to the logo then comes back to where I left off. New os bugs! Yay these can be fun, but I love this 5s!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Same. It's happened twice now. I've already forgotten what I was doing the first time but the second time I was changing my email notifications in settings.
    09-26-2013 08:55 AM
    My 5S can get pretty warm when charging. More so than any phone I have owned. Not sure if this is typical or if I should exchange it.
    09-26-2013 04:20 PM
    so far ok. It came to me with almost 80% on it, and I just d/l all my apps, activated, etc. and its just below 50. I am going to let it die before I recharge to full though.
    I am at 12% now from the same initial startup. I figure when I get home I'll kill it and then connect it to the charger.
    09-26-2013 04:38 PM
    For some reason I have a ton of "Other" data taking up my memory. I really don't want to restore the phone already.... sigh.
    09-26-2013 04:58 PM
    Reboots, or it acts like a reboot with the apple logo popping up.

Speaker was crackling in both podcast and iTunes. A reboot fixed it.
    09-26-2013 09:30 PM
    I have a slight annoyance from clicking the Home button/Fingerprint scanner. Sometimes it sticks slightly so I can feel that it's not as smooth of a click as normal. It's rare though so not an issue.
    09-27-2013 12:12 AM
    I went to turn my 5S off about an hour ago and the power button didn't move! It's stuck! Of course, I got extremely agitated, but after calming down I called Apple and got an appointment at the Genius Bar for tomorrow.

What's crazy is I want them to fix the one I have because I've grown attached to it! LOL
    Rocket_Girl and kokobunnyy like this.
    09-27-2013 10:15 PM
    I've only run into one issue so far after a week. When I opened the default music app and resumed playing my itunes radio station, the phone froze for a few seconds then rebooted. Other than that I haven't noticed any odd behavior.
    09-27-2013 10:32 PM
    Keeping the 5S in the same place as I kept my 4S and I get a buzz out of my computer speakers occasionally. Dunno what Apple did but it created some new interference.

Also, for some reason (might be my fault) I can't get my ringtones onto the new phone. Really disturbing because one of them was bought from iTunes, the other I made.
    09-28-2013 01:50 PM
    Keeping the 5S in the same place as I kept my 4S and I get a buzz out of my computer speakers occasionally. Dunno what Apple did but it created some new interference.

Also, for some reason (might be my fault) I can't get my ringtones onto the new phone. Really disturbing because one of them was bought from iTunes, the other I made.
    That's usually just poor shielding on your speakers. Cellular RF communications cause it.
    09-28-2013 02:51 PM
    I've had one "soft reboot," and occasionally (like once or twice a day), pressing the wake/lock button does not wake the device. I have to press it again in order to wake it. It seems to only happen when I try and wake the device, not lock it. I'm not sure if it's hardware related or software related. Not that big of a deal for me. Although I have noticed that the wake/lock button is a litte "shaky." I have a Defender case on so it's not noticeable though.
    09-28-2013 03:35 PM
    That's usually just poor shielding on your speakers. Cellular RF communications cause it.
    Typically I'd agree with you, I understand what you're saying. My issue is that I didn't have the problem with the 4S; something changed.
    09-28-2013 03:44 PM
    Working flawlessly here.
    09-28-2013 03:57 PM
73 123