Apple was not prepared!

latinatwix28

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I dont think they dropped the ball. Its all part of their strategy. I went to two apple stores and they were sold out. But they told me they get shipments every day so i'll try another day. I still have my i5.

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I dont think they dropped the ball. Its all part of their strategy. I went to two apple stores and they were sold out. But they told me they get shipments every day so i'll try another day. I still have my i5.

I would agree that limiting the supply of the phone will raise demand for it and that is a great strategy. However, it is not a great strategy to not have enough phones to supply those who camp out for hours and sometimes days to purchase them...

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I would agree that limiting the supply of the phone will raise demand for it and that is a great strategy. However, it is not a great strategy to not have enough phones to supply those who camp out for hours and sometimes days to purchase them...

We've already hashed through this IPhones would have sold out regardless. I think Apple didn't anticipate how popular Gold would be.

The Android OEMs could only dream of having a launch day like seen on Friday.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
We've already hashed through this IPhones would have sold out regardless. I think Apple didn't anticipate how popular Gold would be.

I will never believe that Apple did not know that gold would be the most popular option...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

And it’s the same or more so with every product release...

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Now we know why there was no preorders for the 5s. Had there been, Apple stores and carrier stores would not have gotten any phones. I believe that it was a delay in production. But not a failure by any means.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I know that with so many millions of people in the world there are so many differnt opinions and feelings but sometime when I see it I'm still surprised. People are quick to say the stock price is down, others are quick to talk about the fact that Apple should have ramped up production to make sure there were more devices on launch day. No one stopped to consider the fact that Apple may not have been able to ramp up production anymore than it was. Then there is the consideration that if they had ramped up production and there were so many devices available that you all got your iPhone and went home happy do you know what would have happened? Media outlets would have pictures up of the iPhones still at the stores and no lines and said that Apple's launch was a failure and the demand was not there. Then what would have happened to the stock price? There are people saying basically "you went to a store and got an iPhone great for you but I didn't get one so what do I care about your comment", how does one specific experience means Apple dropped the ball? Also no one is telling anyone in line not to get the color they want, not Apple, not the salesperson. If the color isn't there then leave the line. Last year I ordered my iPhone online becasue factory unlocked were not sold at the Apple store on launch day. I waited for one month because of the demand. Guess what I was excited the whole month but I also had my iPhone 4 to use for that time. I could have been bitter and thought Apple was stupid for not selling the factory unlocked phone on launch day but really what would that really do?

When I waited in line for the iPhone 4 in Toronto I got to the mall at 6AM and the line was incredible. I stood in line for 8 hours without even knowing if the model of iPhone I wanted was available. When I finally got into the store I luckily wanted a factory unlocked model so they had the color and storage size. There were people who were tired, hungry and cramping in line while they waited and when I left it was something I never wanted to go through again.

This year I woke up like normal got to work and called my carrier to order a 5s. I was told that their stores only had the 5c and I could only get the 5s at the Apple store. So I headed over to the Apple store at almost 11. I wanted to see how long the lineup was and whether they would even have the model I wanted. I didn't really expect to leave with the iPhone 5s having my last launch day experience in mind. I get there and there is about 20 people in line. Then the Apple staff ask me what model I wanted then seperated me into a different line that was for carrier locked phoones. I waited for about 20 minutes before I was in the store and after about an hour I left with my iPhone. It was a totally different experience compared to the iPhone 4 launch which shows that Apple learned from past launches and made changes to improve the experience.

As for the stock price I bought Apple stock sometime in early 2000 for $85 a share. So it might be in the $400s which is a far cry from $700 but saying it's down $5 or $10 at some point like it's a big deal just doesn't make sense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73