Who plans on enabling the finger print sensor?

Will you use the finger print sensor?

• Yes I will activate and use it.

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • No, I will not use it.

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Been using it and I like the fact I can add my wife's print to my phone as she never remembers pass codes.. It's been working very well so far.

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if you could limit access to certain fingerprints. That way you can set up your kid so they can only access web or games but not your work email or something like that. Otherwise works great.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apparently, more than just fingers will work... one of the usual suspects mongering Apple rumors has tweeted a link to their blog featuring YouTube videos and Twitter claims of "finger alternatives"... including toes... a cat's paw... nose tip... and other human body parts allegedly... amazing what some people will put on YouTube...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apparently, more than just fingers will work... one of the usual suspects mongering Apple rumors has tweeted a link to their blog featuring YouTube videos and Twitter claims of "finger alternatives"... including toes... a cat's paw... nose tip... and other human body parts allegedly... amazing what some people will put on YouTube...

Um, yeah... don’t think I want to even think about where that might lead...

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I never used the passcode on my 4s. However, I activated mine and like it. Now I only have to push the home button and it goes to the home screen without having to swipe my finger!!!!

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
kch50428 said:

Um, yeah... don?t think I want to even think about where that might lead...

I'd hate to see some one (like Maxwell Smart) having to take off their shoes or stick their phone in their trousers just to turn it on.. :cant-watch: This could also redefine **** dialing!!!

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I am using mine and I love it! Some of these comments are just too much though lol. People if the government wants to know where you are at any given moment, believe me they can do so without any type of fingerprint scanner. Whats even funnier to me is that some people are so paranoid about it yet they have no problems talking about it all over the internet lolololololololol

Peter Cotton

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Interesting point, I was reading through this topic and didn't realise you could set a more complex password to lock the iPhone. Now without Touch ID I would have kept a simple pass code as to type in a secure password with letters, numbers and special characters is time consuming. But as I can log in with a fingerprint, I've now set a complex pass code, and therefore my iPhone is much more secure!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, changed mine to a 9-character code. As I will be using the FP Scanner mostly, I won't have to enter my code often, and much harder to crack 9-digit combo over a 4-digit one.

Interesting point, I was reading through this topic and didn't realise you could set a more complex password to lock the iPhone. Now without Touch ID I would have kept a simple pass code as to type in a secure password with letters, numbers and special characters is time consuming. But as I can log in with a fingerprint, I've now set a complex pass code, and therefore my iPhone is much more secure!

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
The people who worry about it are the same ones posting dumb *** **** all over the internet and think it can't be traced back. The irony I love this feature it's a cool party trick and secures my phone without it being a burden

Shan S.

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I enabled it, and I love it. This made it more convenient for me to use a more complex passcode (letters, numbers and special characters) without actually having to type it in each time I need to access my phone. Thus an added layer of security even for someone who has always used a simple passcode.

Same here I went from a simple password to a more complex one also. So now have the added benefit of making the phone harder to hack into.

Sensor works great!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I enabled it, and I love it. This made it more convenient for me to use a more complex passcode (letters, numbers and special characters) without actually having to type it in each time I need to access my phone. Thus an added layer of security even for someone who has always used a simple passcode.

Same here I went from a simple password to a more complex one also. So now have the added benefit of making the phone harder to hack into.

Sensor works great!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Just remember to turn off Control Center from the lockscreen, at least until the patch comes out to fix that bug/security issue.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I think the 7.0.1 update took care of that problem. I tried everything I could to get into my phone and didn't succeed.. Unless I'm missing something.... maybe...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner