Who plans on enabling the finger print sensor?

Will you use the finger print sensor?

• Yes I will activate and use it.

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • No, I will not use it.

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll just leave it at this...if you're worried about the iPhone when it comes to invasion of your privacy...you're giving the device WAY too much credit for being the go to route for doing such.

I am not blaming the iPhone, and I like the Finger ID feature. I blame NSA for everything. They need to stop sticking their noses everywhere.

Peter Cotton

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So far, I've found touch I'd to make things just that bit quicker. Took a couple of attempts to get it set up, but it's very quick now. I've set up both thumbs just in case, although to normally hold my phone in my right hand (because it's kept in my right pocket!)

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I enabled it, I was really confused about using it at first lol didn't know I had to click the home button than lay my finger over it. Thought I just hovered over the home button without clicking it. Works flawlessly so far though. Loving the scanner.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If I ever own a 5S, I probably won't use the scanner. I just feel better with passcodes and using my iTunes password. Has nothing to do with any of this NSA stuff people are referring to. I just prefer passwords.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm using it and loving it. the NSA stuff is just silly. if they want, they already know who the phone belongs too, and can hack the mic and cameras to get voice imprints, pictures fo your face, etc, not to mention scanning your emails and such. at that point, what does it matter if they have your fingerprints?

I'm using it, and I can rest assured it will be harder for a thief to get access to my phone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am still worried that NSA might have backdoor access to the A7 processor causing them to be able to get my Fingerprint, and track me 24/7. I am also worried that the finger ID sensor might keep running even if I decide I do not want to use it and due to it's location there is no way you can avoid touching it. I am thinking of putting a thick sticker over the home button to make sure the finger ID will be blocked.

That will be the case with my 5S till some security companies investigate the 5S and tell us their final thoughts about how secure the Finger ID is.

There are hundreds of reasons and ways for them to already have your fingerprints... police officer, child care worker, youth worker, summer camp, criminal record, government security clearance, etc...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I like it so far. I registered both this and forefingers. I'll leave the fifth slot for my husbands thumb.

I've also been using it a lot although I still forget and swipe occasionally. But on the passcode page you can just use your fingerprint there anyway.

Yep... 2 thumbs, one index finger, and wife's thumbs...

You can also use it to bypass the "swipe" page as well. I have passcode enabled... but I have it configured to not require a passcode for 4 minutes. You can use it to unlock the passcode when required... but you can also use it before the passcode kicks in to get past the swipe screen.

Now I want it on my iPads, too...

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I am still worried that NSA might have backdoor access to the A7 processor causing them to be able to get my Fingerprint, and track me 24/7. I am also worried that the finger ID sensor might keep running even if I decide I do not want to use it and due to it's location there is no way you can avoid touching it. I am thinking of putting a thick sticker over the home button to make sure the finger ID will be blocked.

That will be the case with my 5S till some security companies investigate the 5S and tell us their final thoughts about how secure the Finger ID is.

Even if the NSA did manage to get into the A7 chip and find your fingerprint (unlikely since it's stored on the individual device locked away from all software) what difference would it make? You would have gone through ID and credit checks when applying for the contract anyway. If they wanted to track you they could very easily do it via cell phone towers.

Unless you're a criminal on the run using fake names and ID's I don't think there's a whole lot to worry about someone having access to a fingerprint. Even though they don't. Apple has stressed that highly.

As for me, I'm using the fingerprint scanner. I think it's awesome! Far faster and more accurate than what I was expecting it to me. I do keep swiping to unlock out of habbit but I'm sure i'll soon adapt.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Even if the NSA did manage to get into the A7 chip and find your fingerprint (unlikely since it's stored on the individual device locked away from all software) what difference would it make? You would have gone through ID and credit checks when applying for the contract anyway. If they wanted to track you they could very easily do it via cell phone towers.

Unless you're a criminal on the run using fake names and ID's I don't think there's a whole lot to worry about someone having access to a fingerprint. Even though they don't. Apple has stressed that highly.

As for me, I'm using the fingerprint scanner. I think it's awesome! Far faster and more accurate than what I was expecting it to me. I do keep swiping to unlock out of habbit but I'm sure i'll soon adapt.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just "purchased" a free app using the fingerprint scanner. That is way cool. I hate typing my complicated iTunes password. Also dangerous because j have a feeling 5S users will be buying a lot more app, music, movies, etc because it's so easy ;-)

I have mine set up for App purchases also, but I haven't tried it out yet for that.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro..

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Not I. Bought it for the processor and anticipation of apps to be developed for it. And the obvious reason also, us passionate ones have to have the latest and greatest by Apple!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh