View Poll Results: Will you use the finger print sensor?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I will activate and use it.

62 88.57%
  • No, I will not use it.

8 11.43%
    Interesting point, I was reading through this topic and didn't realise you could set a more complex password to lock the iPhone. Now without Touch ID I would have kept a simple pass code as to type in a secure password with letters, numbers and special characters is time consuming. But as I can log in with a fingerprint, I've now set a complex pass code, and therefore my iPhone is much more secure!
    Alli likes this.
    09-22-2013 05:38 AM
    <Snip> Whats even funnier to me is that some people are so paranoid about it yet they have no problems talking about it all over the internet lolololololololol
    Or turning their whole life over to Google.
    Alli likes this.
    09-22-2013 09:21 AM
    Yes, changed mine to a 9-character code. As I will be using the FP Scanner mostly, I won't have to enter my code often, and much harder to crack 9-digit combo over a 4-digit one.

Interesting point, I was reading through this topic and didn't realise you could set a more complex password to lock the iPhone. Now without Touch ID I would have kept a simple pass code as to type in a secure password with letters, numbers and special characters is time consuming. But as I can log in with a fingerprint, I've now set a complex pass code, and therefore my iPhone is much more secure!
    09-22-2013 09:22 AM
    I agree. Fingerprint scanner works awesome!
    09-22-2013 10:19 AM
    I really like it to log into iTunes, and when I need to get into the phone while driving.
    09-22-2013 10:56 AM
    The people who worry about it are the same ones posting dumb *** **** all over the internet and think it can't be traced back. The irony I love this feature it's a cool party trick and secures my phone without it being a burden
    09-22-2013 11:30 AM
    Set up since got the phone and must say it works great
    09-22-2013 11:34 AM
    I enabled it, and I love it. This made it more convenient for me to use a more complex passcode (letters, numbers and special characters) without actually having to type it in each time I need to access my phone. Thus an added layer of security even for someone who has always used a simple passcode.
    Same here I went from a simple password to a more complex one also. So now have the added benefit of making the phone harder to hack into.

Sensor works great!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD
    09-22-2013 11:53 AM
    I enabled it, and I love it. This made it more convenient for me to use a more complex passcode (letters, numbers and special characters) without actually having to type it in each time I need to access my phone. Thus an added layer of security even for someone who has always used a simple passcode.
    Same here I went from a simple password to a more complex one also. So now have the added benefit of making the phone harder to hack into.

Sensor works great!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD
    Just remember to turn off Control Center from the lockscreen, at least until the patch comes out to fix that bug/security issue.
    09-22-2013 12:22 PM
    I think the 7.0.1 update took care of that problem. I tried everything I could to get into my phone and didn't succeed.. Unless I'm missing something.... maybe...
    09-22-2013 12:27 PM
    i activated mine but i keep forgetting to use it lol....
    09-22-2013 12:34 PM
    I think the 7.0.1 update took care of that problem. I tried everything I could to get into my phone and didn't succeed.. Unless I'm missing something.... maybe...
    I don’t think so. Check the news sites for step-by-step how-tos for bypassing the lockscreen... the flaw is still there...
    09-22-2013 12:49 PM
    Quote from the guardian regarding control centre bypass:

"It appears not to work on the iPhone 5S and 5C"
    09-22-2013 01:37 PM
    Quote from the guardian regarding control centre bypass:

"It appears not to work on the iPhone 5S and 5C"
    Confused by "appears not to work". Are you talking about the security appears not to work? The patch appears not to work? Or the bypass appears not to work (which means it is, in fact, secure)? (Not arguing, but seeking clarification to your/the Guardian's statement.)
    09-22-2013 01:56 PM
    The bypass doesn't work, so the 5s and 5c are secure from the lock screen with control centre access on.
    09-22-2013 02:29 PM
    I activated it and assigned 3 fingers to use. The 3rd finger works about twice and then it is not recognized. The other 2 fingers work sporadically. Piece of crap as far as I am concerned! If I wouldn't have so much invested in iPhone apps, I would drop the iPhone and have something else before the phone hit the ground. Not impressed anymore. I think apple is laughing all the way to the bank.
    11-15-2013 10:25 PM
    I activated it as part of setup. I use 4 fingers and hubby gets one. I have made my phone password more complex and no more access to control panel from lock screen. I love it! The ID works great. I have no complaints.
    11-16-2013 02:05 PM
92 ... 234