View Poll Results: Will you use the finger print sensor?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I will activate and use it.

62 88.57%
  • No, I will not use it.

8 11.43%
    Love it. Very simple and accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-21-2013 10:33 AM
    I enabled it yesterday and absolutely love it. I also enabled it for iTunes and App Store purchases and love that I don't have to enter my Apple ID password every time is make a purchase. Real cool stuff!
    09-21-2013 10:36 AM
    Glad to hear it's working better than our fingerprint scanner at work. I will definitely be enabling it as soon as my 5S arrives!
    09-21-2013 10:41 AM
    Glad to hear it's working better than our fingerprint scanner at work. I will definitely be enabling it as soon as my 5S arrives!
    It's great. But almost too easy to purchase apps and musicthere's not the built in pause and see if I really want the app as I'm typing my long complicated iTunes password. Of course I could turn that part off but I won't.
    M.Rizk, Alli and Shan S. like this.
    09-21-2013 10:45 AM
    I used it the first day and have since turned it off. It works without a hitch. My issue is that I have never used a passcode. So, for me, I like that if a message comes in I can just swipe it open and be in the message thread, or other things like that. This adds an extra step for me without adding any form of extra security (for those who passcode anyway) so I disabled. It does exactly as it claims though.
    Actually, it adds a layer of protection without adding any extra steps. If your phone is locked, pick it up, swipe the slide to unlock widget and then place your thumb over the home button. Seems like one of my thumbs lives on the home button, anyway, so it actually removes a step (for me).
    09-21-2013 12:05 PM
    You do understand that it uses radio frequency to read the print. It's not reading the outer dead skin print, but the living tissue print. Will someone please put a piece of tape or something over theirs and verify if it still works or not ?

I am not worried about Obama tracking me with this, I know he already is.

Attachment 38413
    Idk, I am not a Touch ID expert. I just read a few websites and.. mostly 9GAG comics saying you can block it this way... lol Anyways, I decided I would use it anyway. I hate you NSA
    09-21-2013 12:07 PM
    Actually, it adds a layer of protection without adding any extra steps. If your phone is locked, pick it up, swipe the slide to unlock widget and then place your thumb over the home button. Seems like one of my thumbs lives on the home button, anyway, so it actually removes a step (for me).

actually if you just hold your finger on the button from the lock screen you bypass the step of having to swype to unlock the lock screen..and you bypass the passcode
    Shan S. likes this.
    09-21-2013 12:08 PM
    I enabled it, and I love it. This made it more convenient for me to use a more complex passcode (letters, numbers and special characters) without actually having to type it in each time I need to access my phone. Thus an added layer of security even for someone who has always used a simple passcode.
    Last edited by diaz2010; 09-21-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    Shan S. likes this.
    09-21-2013 12:08 PM
    I have to disagree. As it now, without it enabled, if I see a texting pop up on my home screen, I just swipe it. There's no touching of the home button. Very minimal, I know, I'm not criticizing it. As for protection, I meant to suggest there's no added protection for those who already pass code lock. So yeah, for me if I enabled it there's added protection. I just have to get used to it is all.
    Last edited by finn5975; 09-21-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    09-21-2013 12:21 PM
    Done.
    09-21-2013 01:03 PM
    Setting up two thumbs and my right forefinger in TouchID was the first thing I did when I set up my 5S. Hasn't failed me once, I love it. As a person who's always used simple 4-digit codes that were fast to type (like 4545 or 1212), TouchID has made unlocking my device so quick and painless that I've actually now set up a real password on my device to go along with it. Far far more secure than I ever was before without losing any convenience at all.

Someone else above mentioned the immediate passcode requirement being the default for TouchID and it ruining the swipe-to-open notifications on the lock screen. I see the point but TouchID works so quickly for me that it doesn't feel like it hinders that process. To each, their own, of course

The more I use TouchID the more I'm hoping for expanded capabilities in future versions of iOS. Can't wait to have it on my next iPad and/or Macbook!
    09-21-2013 01:44 PM
    Can this be enabled just for iTunes purchases and not to unlock phone??
    09-21-2013 04:07 PM
    Can this be enabled just for iTunes purchases and not to unlock phone??
    Yes. Settings, General, Passcodes & Fingerprints, Fingerprint and then there are two toggles, one for the AppStore/iTunes and one for passcode unlock.
    Shan S. and Bosox20 like this.
    09-21-2013 04:29 PM
    Awesome. Thank you!
    09-21-2013 04:29 PM
    So jelly of you all talking about your 5S's I'm going to cry in a corner.

When I do get it though i will definitely enable it. Learned my lesson at a party when I left my phone unattended and some friends of the host thought it was his phone and set up a bunch of alarms and calendar reminders LOL.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    09-21-2013 06:00 PM
    Love the fingerprint scanner works flawlessly BUT I keep swiping from force of habit lol
    09-21-2013 06:08 PM
    Love the fingerprint scanner works flawlessly BUT I keep swiping from force of habit lol
    It takes some time to remember to not swipe on the screen.. muscle memory can be a pain.
    09-21-2013 06:16 PM
    I actually like it use it for purchases in iTunes password is way to long to input lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-21-2013 08:02 PM
    Been using it and I like the fact I can add my wife's print to my phone as she never remembers pass codes.. It's been working very well so far.
    09-21-2013 09:54 PM
    It would be nice if you could limit access to certain fingerprints. That way you can set up your kid so they can only access web or games but not your work email or something like that. Otherwise works great.
    09-21-2013 11:08 PM
    Apparently, more than just fingers will work... one of the usual suspects mongering Apple rumors has tweeted a link to their blog featuring YouTube videos and Twitter claims of "finger alternatives"... including toes... a cat's paw... nose tip... and other human body parts allegedly... amazing what some people will put on YouTube...
    09-21-2013 11:27 PM
    Apparently, more than just fingers will work... one of the usual suspects mongering Apple rumors has tweeted a link to their blog featuring YouTube videos and Twitter claims of "finger alternatives"... including toes... a cat's paw... nose tip... and other human body parts allegedly... amazing what some people will put on YouTube...
    Um, yeah... don’t think I want to even think about where that might lead...
    09-22-2013 12:03 AM
    I never used the passcode on my 4s. However, I activated mine and like it. Now I only have to push the home button and it goes to the home screen without having to swipe my finger!!!!
    09-22-2013 12:30 AM
    Um, yeah... dont think I want to even think about where that might lead...
    I'd hate to see some one (like Maxwell Smart) having to take off their shoes or stick their phone in their trousers just to turn it on.. This could also redefine **** dialing!!!
    09-22-2013 12:35 AM
    I am using mine and I love it! Some of these comments are just too much though lol. People if the government wants to know where you are at any given moment, believe me they can do so without any type of fingerprint scanner. Whats even funnier to me is that some people are so paranoid about it yet they have no problems talking about it all over the internet lolololololololol
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-22-2013 12:58 AM
92 1234