Just Placed My Order....Anyone Else Place Theirs Yet?

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Are the delivery estimates accurate that we are seeing or not? If it says it ships in 1-3 days and it does, how then heck would it take that long?

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure about Apples shipping estimates but AT&T's is all over the place. When I ordered mine this morning at 12:04am, the site said ships in 7-14 days. Then I got an email later around 9am which said will ship between Oct 21-Oct31. Then when I check my order status online, it said changed to Oct 1 - Oct 31. Then around 530pm this evening I got the email that said it shipped (Tracking number for FedEx shows it was picked up and en route for delivery Monday, Sept 23rd).

I take shipping estimates with a small grain of salt, as they can change at the drop of a hat for any reason.

rawjurdawjur

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure about Apples shipping estimates but AT&T's is all over the place. When I ordered mine this morning at 12:04am, the site said ships in 7-14 days. Then I got an email later around 9am which said will ship between Oct 21-Oct31. Then when I check my order status online, it said changed to Oct 1 - Oct 31. Then around 530pm this evening I got the email that said it shipped (Tracking number for FedEx shows it was picked up and en route for delivery Monday, Sept 23rd).

I take shipping estimates with a small grain of salt, as they can change at the drop of a hat for any reason.

Makes me think I should have ordered online through AT&T and not Apple.

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
7-10 business days to ship when ordered
Est. ship date of Oct 20-30 when order completed
Est. ship date of Oct 1-10 earlier today
Shipped with a Mon ETA as of about 2 hours ago

AT&T, you've had the iPhone since Day One. If I get it Monday, don't misunderstand and think that I'm complaining (I'm not), but have you seriously still not figured out how to manage an iPhone launch?

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
7-10 business days to ship when ordered
Est. ship date of Oct 20-30 when order completed
Est. ship date of Oct 1-10 earlier today
Shipped with a Mon ETA as of about 2 hours ago

AT&T, you've had the iPhone since Day One. If I get it Monday, don't misunderstand and think that I'm complaining (I'm not), but have you seriously still not figured out how to manage an iPhone launch?

Which shipping option did you choose?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to purchase 2 of these bad boys. Been on Android way too long, been dying to try Apple, never here. Too bad I'm still on unlimited data with Verzion and only way to get the 5s is too either pay full retail or add to ghost lines and add $20+ to my already crazy bill. Someday...I..will...have..an..iPhone. :(

ZanKuvy

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Was getting everything ready to place it on the apple store but I bumped into some international delivery issues... Can't get it out of the US :(

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Picked mine up in store tonight. Black 32gb gray/black. Wasn't my first choice initially, but now I actually love it! VZ screwed up big time (hence no silver/white for me). But I love the dark phone, and next time, I will just wait it out at Apple.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

gurase

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 32GB silver through Comcast's Verizon site at 5am yesterday with estimated ship date of 9/30 (Comcast is giving people who do a Verizon upgrade through them a $100 prepaid debit card). Order was spontaneously canceled at 7:30 am. Called Comcast around 10:30 to reorder, expected ship date is now 10/7 :(

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I first went online to my carrier (Sprint) at 2am yesterday but after noticing the bold warning boxes stating there was up to a 3 wk delay with shipments with them, I decided to try Best Buy and scored a space gray 5s after reading the comments here stating people were getting same day pick up. Since I had to work a 12 hour shift yesterday, picking mine up this morning. Can't wait! :cool:

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Ordered the 5S in white and silver with 64gb internal storage from T-Mobile. I get The fastest data speeds from T-Mobile. Their HSPA+ Network is faster than AT&T's LTE. T-Mobile's LTE Network is like lightning fast and is getting faster. If you have T-Mobile service in your area give them a try. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Vinny

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My order went through on my.t-mobile at 3:07am EST on the 20th. I ordered the Gold 32gb model and I paid for expedited shipping, so my phone should be here on or before the 30th. The order still says backorder but I received a text around 7am yesterday when I was headed to AT&T saying that the order was instead processing, so the T-Mobile rep I spoke with told me that it shouldn't be on backorder because the text are refreshed updates. Hm....

Apple, it was really bold for you not to have a preorder for the flagship device.

thoughthalo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Maybe T-Mobile is not that popular yet or has got it's inventory in control.
I ordered the 64 Gb Gold 5S yesterday (20th) night around 7 PM EST and checking my status now, it is showing delivery by 27th Sept.
Just loving it :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 64 Gb on Sprint using Tapatalk - now Free

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why - but I canceled my order... just couldn't go through with it... plus i'm on the fence again on the color (had space grey on order). Have a back slate one now. I'll wait to be able to play with one in person and see if I want to take the leap. I know - I'm crazy. :p

wstevens

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a 32GB Silver 5s for AT&T at 3:02 AM Eastern on 9/20 using the Apple Store app. My order status just recently updated to "Preparing for Shipment."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73