Just Placed My Order....Anyone Else Place Theirs Yet?

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I'm in Canada right now on vacation. But I ordered the phone at 4:01 AM and my order went through with no problems. I'm expecting to get it sometime between September 30 and October 2 with 1-3 day ship time.

I ordered from Apple.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I was actually surprised at how easy it was to order. The last iPhone I ordered was the 4, which was a complete hassle (I've been on Android ever since).

No lag, no slow down, nothing! Everything went through and the process was simple. Good job, Apple!

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Did you order from Apple or from ATT? I did Apple, but had issues getting my upgrade eligibility to go through. I just checked my account on ATT's site and I am still eligible for upgrade, so it's definitely not all processed yet.

I ordered through the AT&T website. It's changed again and is not showing an October 1-10 ship date. Better, and that should get me my Gazelle offer (assuming that's a good date) but considering I was Johnny on the spot for ordering it's rather messed up. Seems to me that the upgrade check has been causing some problems. They should take and process the orders immediately, then check for upgrade eligibility prior to shipping. That would space out the website server rush, and they can't charge you until they're shipping it anyway.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ordered 5S last night. Managed to get the 1-3 day shipping. Anyone get their shipping notices yet that order from the Apple Store?

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Ordered 5S last night. Managed to get the 1-3 day shipping. Anyone get their shipping notices yet that order from the Apple Store?

Nope, not yet. I think it's still too early, honestly. Hopefully we'll start seeing them towards the end of the day.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a gold 32 gig from Verizon at 12:02 am and was given a ship date of 9/24. Checked it this afternoon and the ship date had been changed to 10/21. So I cancelled my order.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

No, I checked a little while ago to see if it was processed or anything and it's in the Processing state now, vs the "we got your order".

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't stay awake last night. Got to work around 0745, and after checking for important emails, picked up a Silver 5S 64GB using the Apple Store app on my 4S. The sync to my Verizon account and upgrade status went through with zero problems. It's in Processing status with an Oct 7-10 Delivers range.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
What really annoys me is that I'm going to lose my decent Gazelle order if I don't send it by the 15th and had I known that it would take so long I'd have ordered and picked up at Best Buy!
That's what I've been worried about.

I'm usually up at midnight (Apple Daylight Time) but it was a very long day, so I set an alarm for 11:55 (good thing) the Apple site was still down at midnight, so I tried the Apple Store app on my phone, and it already had all my info: Apple ID, AT&T account, upgrade eligibility, credit card, shipping address, etc. The only thing I needed to enter was the security code, I prayed I remembered it right because I got a new card recently and didn't want to hunt for my wallet to check, but it went through no problem, done by 12:04.

I went with the free shipping, 'cuz it said ships 1-3 business days. Now it says "Delivers: Sep 30 - Oct 2 by Standard Shipping", that's 10-12 days. That should be just enough time to get it to get it to Gazelle, they're paying me $236 for my 4S 16GB, which covers my [space grey] 5s 16GB and AT&T's upgrade fee, although not the $60 sales tax.

Although I hope that it's like Amazon ship dates, where they say 2-3 weeks, and it arrives in 3 days. :)

Last edited:

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
That's what I've been worried about.

I'm usually up at midnight (Apple Daylight Time) but it was a very long day, so I set an alarm for 11:55 (good thing) the Apple site was still down at midnight, so I tried the Apple Store app on my phone, and it already had all my info: Apple ID, AT&T account, upgrade eligibility, credit card, shipping address, etc. The only thing I needed to enter was the security code, I prayed I remembered it right because I got a new card recently and didn't want to hunt for my wallet to check, but it went through no problem.

I went with the free shipping, 'cuz it said ships 1-3 business days. Now it says "Delivers: Sep 30 - Oct 2 by Standard Shipping", that's 10-12 days. That should be just enough time to get it to get it to Gazelle, they're paying me $236 for my 4S 16GB, which covers my 5s 16GB and AT&T's upgrade fee, although not the $60 sales tax.

Although I hope that it's like Amazon ship dates, where they say 2-3 weeks, and it arrives in 3 days. :)

Me too! Still haven't received my shipping notice though. I'm sure others are still waiting as well. I think we'll all see our 5s' early-to-mid next week.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I was going to buy the gold in the store but it sold out super quickly where I am, so I had to order from the website around 2:00 p.m. Mine doesn't even have a date ... it just says it will ship in October. :( :(

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Me too! Still haven't received my shipping notice though. I'm sure others are still waiting as well. I think we'll all see our 5s' early-to-mid next week.
I have not received a shipping notice. It just says:
Processing ItemsAvailable to ship: 1 - 3 business days
Delivers: Sep 30 - Oct 2 by Standard Shipping
When I click the little arrow it says:
Processing Items:
We are processing your order now. You can modify your order details through online Order Status, or by contacting Apple Online Store Customer Service.
Reading the tea leaves, 1-3 business days means Monday-Wednesday, and whichever day it ships, it's 1 week to deliver. I.e., if it ships on Monday the 23rd, it will arrive by Monday the 30th. I suppose it's too much to hope for anything shipping before Monday.

It's going to be a looong weekend.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just checked ATT again, and it looks like they finally have my upgrade showing as used and my contract date was updated. So that's a good sign. I also lol'd because they had my husband's iPad listed as my main phone line on that account...I was like uh no, and you know that's wrong. So I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how the hell to change that, and finally got it corrected.

It's still processing for me as well:
Processing Items
Available to ship: 1 - 3 business days
Delivers: Sep 27 - Oct 1 by 2-3 Business Days

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I have not received a shipping notice. It just says:

When I click the little arrow it says:

Reading the tea leaves, 1-3 business days means Monday-Wednesday, and whichever day it ships, it's 1 week to deliver. I.e., if it ships on Monday the 23rd, it will arrive by Monday the 30th. I suppose it's too much to hope for anything shipping before Monday.

It's going to be a looong weekend.

Very long weekend indeed... Haha. I was able to get the 2-3 business day shipping, so I'm hoping that if it ships Monday, it'll arrive Wednesday or Thursday of next week. My delivery estimate is Sep. 27th - Oct. 1st.

jrdnlc

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a 64GB 5s today at the AT&T store.

Arrived at 7:30am and was the 10th person in line, was out by 9am.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine says ships 1 - 3 days and delivery estimate is Sept. 30 - Oct. 2. I ordered the Space Gray T-Mobile 16GB model with a black 5s case and AppleCare+ directly from Apple.com right when the store opened. I just hope that delivery estimate is way off, as I'd love to get it next week :D!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2