Best Buy is selling them Right now and have instore pick up for the morning

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ordered last night about 11:20 PM PST. No pick up order this morning at 7am. Got a notice saying >>> Your order contains at least one pre-ordered item which will be available at the store on or after the release date. We will send another e-mail notifying you when your order is ready for pickup. This notification will arrive in less than 45 minutes, as it takes us just a little time to get items ready for pickup in our stores.

Hopefully that will change closer to 10am when the store opens here. Seems we don't get an 8am opening for our BestBuy. I don't want to drive the 40-min to get turned away.

iphonenew.jpg

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
They don't normally open at 8, I think thats just for events like this.

And I'm still waiting for my pick up email and its 9 am local time.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys east coast?

I'm NE Philly. Waiting in line for my in store pick up. Anyone walking in now are being turned away as they said they are sold out of every 5S model. I just hope when I get to the front of this like they do have my 5S.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

Last edited:

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm at the store waiting too. They do have plenty of space grey 16's for sprint at least. Looks like AT&T is hardest to find.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Called the 800 number to see if I can be there to pick up at opening. They can't get a hold of anyone as the store is not opening early for the event. So I guess I can go there and find out and/or just wait and see if I get the pick up order. 32GB AT&T Grey.

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Called the 800 number to see if I can be there to pick up at opening. They can't get a hold of anyone as the store is not opening early for the event. So I guess I can go there and find out and/or just wait and see if I get the pick up order. 32GB AT&T Grey.

I was at my best buy for a while and it sounded like they got very little at&t phones and were quickly sold out. I don't think they got any 64's in but a few 32's.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That is why I hoped buying it last night would lock it in place. Would be sad to know they take the order with a pick up of today with no intent of allowing it to happen.

I was at my best buy for a while and it sounded like they got very little at&t phones and were quickly sold out. I don't think they got any 64's in but a few 32's.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That is why I hoped buying it last night would lock it in place. Would be sad to know they take the order with a pick up of today with no intent of allowing it to happen.

On my way to pick up my phone Best Buy. Got my email!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Got home from Best Buy about an hour ago with my AT&T 64GB Space Gray 5S. This thing is absolutely beautiful. I love the color.

yseqetub.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
BestBuy here sold out all the phones and will NOT be filling the orders that were pre-paid last night for pick up today. I have talked to a supervisor and BestBuy seems it was better to fill the orders of those in line than those who already paid. Seems it doubles the sales volume as they are getting money for products they do not have.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
BestBuy here sold out all the phones and will NOT be filling the orders that were pre-paid last night for pick up today. I have talked to a supervisor and BestBuy seems it was better to fill the orders of those in line than those who already paid. Seems it doubles the sales volume as they are getting money for products they do not have.

That blows chunks... Sorry to hear that...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Definitely complain to the manager of that Best Buy as that should not have happened. The BB that I went to had my order slip around the 5S box. All those who were in line with me that didn't preorder last night were told they were not going to get the 5S today as they were sold out of every model by 10am.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Definitely complain to the manager of that Best Buy as that should not have happened. The BB that I went to had my order slip around the 5S box. All those who were in line with me that didn't preorder last night were told they were not going to get the 5S today as they were sold out of every model by 10am.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

I agree with Rose... I’d raise an awful scene...

There are about 20 Best Buy stores in the area... only 3 or 4 had inventory for pickup today, and I picked the one closest to my home ... so I got there about 9am... no one in line anywhere... by the time I got done, there was a good line, but they were selling lots of space gray phones. They had a few silver/white, but said that they did not get any gold. Like Rose, they had my phone in a locked cabinet with my order sheet wrapped around the box. No muss, no fuss.

People were walking up and getting phones without pre-order... I was there over an hour because even though I check the "keep my existing plan" box, the BB system said that I could not keep my unlimited data. They were making me choose between 300mb, 3gb or 5gb. The young guy helping me called AT&T, and worked through it (I think/hope). When people first started showing up, it was somewhat disorganized, but within a few minutes they had everything under control. Lots of sales staff... except the the data thing, a very pleasant experience.

Last edited:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It really bothers me that the local AT&T store had phones this morning I could have picked up, but I figured I was being safe by ordering with BestBuy as certainly they would NOT have sold something that I already paid for in full. WRONG. It's a 40+ Min Drive and they won't let me talk to the manager on the phone. Only a supervisor on the 877 number.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I hope that isn't the case at all of them...I won't necessarily be heart broken that I can't get one today because I'll just go get one this weekend or early next week...but that would really reflect poorly on Best Buy's procedures in these kinds of scenarios. I know if i go to pick up mine and it's gone, the manager will get an ear full and I'll just stick to my tried and true order and ship it to me routine. I tried Best Buy this time on a suggestion from a friend, so I hope that kind of thing is just spotty, and not wide spread.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Seems others (per BestBuy) are told that they will be canceling unfulfilled online orders today and people should get a refund in 4-5 business days. They can come to the stores on Monday and sign up to be on a wait list and called when new phones come in... Seems I may just wait for iPhone 6.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Update from BestBuy so I am canceling my order:

The excitement for the release of the iPhone 5s and 5c was definitely huge this morning; it was all over the news as I was driving in. I can understand your disappointment that your order was not fulfilled.

Due to the demand for the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, we are currently only able to fulfill preorders in most of our stores. Unfortunately, placing an order on BestBuy.com is not a guarantee that the order will be fulfilled. The first email you get is simply a confirmation email that we have received your order. You can review the Conditions of Use for BestBuy.com here for more information on our order process.

At this time, the best option that I can present to you would be to sign up for our waiting list for when more phones become available.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you.

Sincerely,

Bill
Social Connections and Innovations
Community Connector

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro