5s Pajama Party

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
After thinking about it, I'm now a little concerned about my strategy for tonight/tomorrow. If I start my order at 3am with Apple, they'll apply my upgrade price. However, if I try to get into a store early tomorrow, they may see that I'm not longer eligible for an upgrade and charge me full retail. Ugh.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
After thinking about it, I'm now a little concerned about my strategy for tonight/tomorrow. If I start my order at 3am with Apple, they'll apply my upgrade price. However, if I try to get into a store early tomorrow, they may see that I'm not longer eligible for an upgrade and charge me full retail. Ugh.

This is biggest reason for taking the unlocked version this year. I have a partial upgrade available but don't want to use it right now. AT&T isn't allowing me to pay the full retail price so I have to go through Apple.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Same here. I would be using an upgrade and my concern is that if it goes through online at 2:00am central, that by the time I have a card in my hand at Verizon that would confirm I'd be getting the phone I want from the physical store, either I would not be able to cancel my order and have it reflect in the system quickly enough, or it would already be processed for shipping and thus no option to cancel period. This darn phone has me acting like I'm 11 years old again.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I think my approach will be that if the shipping times are 24 hours at 3am (doubtful given the availability worldwide thus far) then I'll order online and stick with it. If they're already at 7-10 days, I'll try my luck in store tomorrow at a few different locations; the first being Walmart that opens at 7am. If there's nothing at Walmart then I'll order online and will just deal with the shipping times, regardless of where they're at 4 hours after the sale opens.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I would be using an upgrade and my concern is that if it goes through online at 2:00am central, that by the time I have a card in my hand at Verizon that would confirm I'd be getting the phone I want from the physical store, either I would not be able to cancel my order and have it reflect in the system quickly enough, or it would already be processed for shipping and thus no option to cancel period. This darn phone has me acting like I'm 11 years old again.

Man, I hear that. I am not overly excited about having to wait 7-10 days, if that is what the shipping turns out to be... but the logical, seasoned part of me says "it's a freaking phone - order it and then go to bed". Sometimes that old bugger annoys the heck out of me!

I was somewhat torn, but resolved myself to ordering it online and waiting... And since I am on call, I can hardly afford to risk camping out tonight ... and have to work tomorrow... so, it is what it is... and know that I’m there with you in spirit...

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
So you guys think it'll immediately be shipping in 7-10 days right when it goes live? That doesn't seem very likely to me... Wouldn't the U.S. get more stock than others?

I think it could be available to ship in 24 hours, and then after about an hour, drop to 7-10 days. But it's anybody's guess.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So you guys think it'll immediately be shipping in 7-10 days right when it goes live? That doesn't seem very likely to me... Wouldn't the U.S. get more stock than others?

I think it could be available to ship in 24 hours, and then after about an hour, drop to 7-10 days. But it's anybody's guess.

Hopefully not. My comments were based on what I’ve seen posted in Australia and Japan... I agree, I think the US will have more stock, but no guarantees.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully not. My comments were based on what I’ve seen posted in Australia and Japan... I agree, I think the US will have more stock, but no guarantees.

Yeah I saw the shipping had dropped to 7-10 days in Australia already too. I hope so, it seems like the U.S. is one of Apple's biggest markets...

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting ready, not sure if I'll take a nap or not lol. If I do my reaction time may be faster to click the mouse :p. I really hope that the shipping times are fast, or in-store pickup is available, that'd be awesome to get it in my hands today.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
We all are waiting to get our hand one a 5s and I fixit is currently tearing one apart !!

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I cant sleep, and since I'm taking off anyway, I'll be leaving here about 2am to head to Verizon by Kenwood Mall (Cincinnati, OH). Got both iPads charged and ready to go for the pajama party. Plus it also helps that my Malibu has a 120V charger in the car lol.

I go hard lol.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm the First Lady! :D

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

I have not decided. I know if I stay up and order then there will be a bunch available that I drive and pick up one. However if I don't order for delivery then they will be sold out everywhere and I will order, but then sold out so have to wait two weeks. I guess I will roll the dice and see if any are in stores tomorrow.

I'm the Prince. :D

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I hope that Apple has taken the store down this early to beef up the server infrastructure.

Same... I remember back when I tried reserving my iPhone 4 and the servers wouldn't let me through. Luckily I was able to use the Apple store app on my 3G to reserve it the next day. Apple better be ready for the huge amount of orders about to come through...

Seems like their servers were able to easily handle 5c pre-orders though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2