5s Pajama Party

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if Apple, or Verizon, has offered next day shipping in the past....for the extra fee. I would gladly order at midnight, pay the extra cost, and receive it Saturday. Then again, I am not sure what carriers even still deliver on Saturdays anymore...

JeevesVic

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Getting 32 GB Space Gray right at midnight online at the Apple store website. Most likely choosing the fastest shipping possible, if there's other delivery options of course, and if it's not outrageously expensive.

Same here lol. And a leather case

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if Apple, or Verizon, has offered next day shipping in the past....for the extra fee. I would gladly order at midnight, pay the extra cost, and receive it Saturday. Then again, I am not sure what carriers even still deliver on Saturdays anymore...

I don’t think we’ve "been here" before. Typically, pre-order is a week before launch day, so next day/2 day shipping was moot. On purchases from Apple well after launch day, you can get 2 day shipping on some items free and for extra cost for others... we be in new territory here...

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I don?t think we?ve "been here" before. Typically, pre-order is a week before launch day, so next day/2 day shipping was moot. On purchases from Apple well after launch day, you can get 2 day shipping on some items free and for extra cost for others... we be in new territory here...

Agreed. Since it's an order and not a pre-order, I'm hoping we can choose faster shipping.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I don’t think we’ve "been here" before. Typically, pre-order is a week before launch day, so next day/2 day shipping was moot. On purchases from Apple well after launch day, you can get 2 day shipping on some items free and for extra cost for others... we be in new territory here...

Yeah, there really isn't any part of me that believes it will be an option. If I had the patience about this that I do other things, I would wake up, order it, and go back to bed. But wanting the new device, missing IOS 7, and loathing this iphone 4 backup with a broken home button has me at wits end. I was going to get into a line, or be the first in line, at 3am. Then I moved it to 5am. Now I am at 6am. Might be to 'screw it I'll order online' by dinner time lol!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, there really isn't any part of me that believes it will be an option. If I had the patience about this that I do other things, I would wake up, order it, and go back to bed. But wanting the new device, missing IOS 7, and loathing this iphone 4 backup with a broken home button has me at wits end. I was going to get into a line, or be the first in line, at 3am. Then I moved it to 5am. Now I am at 6am. Might be to 'screw it I'll order online' by dinner time lol!

I’m telling you, man, it’s a sick obsession. Welcome to the club. Heck, I’m not just a member. I’m the president. :)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have not decided. I know if I stay up and order then there will be a bunch available that I drive and pick up one. However if I don't order for delivery then they will be sold out everywhere and I will order, but then sold out so have to wait two weeks. I guess I will roll the dice and see if any are in stores tomorrow.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'll be ordering a 32gb gold at 12am tonight. I'll swing by the store after work tomorrow and if they have stock, buy there and cancel my order.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have to order from the carrier and they are supposed to get very little supply. So I'm going to try calling in at 11:55 to get ahead of the que and hopefully get mine ordered. If I'm lucky I'll get it ordered and pick it up at one of their stores tomorrow. If I'm unlucky I'll get stuck on the phone and be told the supply is all gone and have to wait for a week or two. When I got my iPhone 5 I had to order online because it was factory unlocked. The wait was a month so a couple weeks I can do.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not standing in line or ordering tomorrow. I would if I had the funds this week but things didn't work out. I have also had really good luck around my area getting it the week after. So when things get sorted out at the bank next Friday I will try. Until then I'll keep watch of the stories and see how quickly everybody else gets what they wanted.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Went to my local AT&T store to ask if they would allow me to purchase the 5S at full retail so I could save my partial upgrade that I have. The manager came out and said that they will not be allowing customers to purchase the 5S in the store unless they are doing so as an upgrade or a new customer. He said full retail customers will be told to go through Apple to get the 5S.... Sounds to me like they are just being greedy because of not receiving their sales commission on full retail sales.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Went to my local AT&T store to ask if they would allow me to purchase the 5S at full retail so I could save my partial upgrade that I have. The manager came out and said that they will not be allowing customers to purchase the 5S in the store unless they are doing so as an upgrade or a new customer. He said full retail customers will be told to go through Apple to get the 5S.... Sounds to me like they are just being greedy because of not receiving their sales commission on full retail sales.

WOW, I hope VZW isn't doing this. I really dont want to deal with the Apple Store.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
WOW, I hope VZW isn't doing this. I really dont want to deal with the Apple Store.

Best way to find out is to call the store today and find out for sure. My local AT&T stores have done this in the past which is why I stopped in today to ask. I didn't want to stand in a line only to be turned away when I got through the front door.

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Best way to find out is to call the store today and find out for sure. My local AT&T stores have done this in the past which is why I stopped in today to ask. I didn't want to stand in a line only to be turned away when I got through the front door.

welp just called my VZW and they said full retail is fine, but once again cant discuss inventory, I know apple has people secret shop and call to see if people will talk and that is means for termination.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
welp just called my VZW and they said full retail is fine, but once again cant discuss inventory, I know apple has people secret shop and call to see if people will talk and that is means for termination.

That is good that Verizon isn't doing this. I wish my local AT&T store would copy Verizon on this one, lol.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
big kev ready for the pajammmma jam party iphone 5s you gonna be mine as soon as they let me pre order ya.. can't wait... got my juice , cookies, and sammiches i am ready oh and watching thursday night football.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro