Can someone combine this thread with the "official" one? I don't think I can in Tapatalk 2.
    09-19-2013 10:40 PM
    Same here. I would be using an upgrade and my concern is that if it goes through online at 2:00am central, that by the time I have a card in my hand at Verizon that would confirm I'd be getting the phone I want from the physical store, either I would not be able to cancel my order and have it reflect in the system quickly enough, or it would already be processed for shipping and thus no option to cancel period. This darn phone has me acting like I'm 11 years old again.
    Man, I hear that. I am not overly excited about having to wait 7-10 days, if that is what the shipping turns out to be... but the logical, seasoned part of me says "it's a freaking phone - order it and then go to bed". Sometimes that old bugger annoys the heck out of me!

I was somewhat torn, but resolved myself to ordering it online and waiting... And since I am on call, I can hardly afford to risk camping out tonight ... and have to work tomorrow... so, it is what it is... and know that I’m there with you in spirit...
    09-19-2013 10:44 PM
    So you guys think it'll immediately be shipping in 7-10 days right when it goes live? That doesn't seem very likely to me... Wouldn't the U.S. get more stock than others?

I think it could be available to ship in 24 hours, and then after about an hour, drop to 7-10 days. But it's anybody's guess.
    09-19-2013 11:10 PM
    So you guys think it'll immediately be shipping in 7-10 days right when it goes live? That doesn't seem very likely to me... Wouldn't the U.S. get more stock than others?

I think it could be available to ship in 24 hours, and then after about an hour, drop to 7-10 days. But it's anybody's guess.
    Hopefully not. My comments were based on what I’ve seen posted in Australia and Japan... I agree, I think the US will have more stock, but no guarantees.
    09-19-2013 11:13 PM
    Since I’m waiting at home the least we do get is a Big Bang Theory marathon...
    09-19-2013 11:14 PM
    Hopefully not. My comments were based on what I’ve seen posted in Australia and Japan... I agree, I think the US will have more stock, but no guarantees.
    Yeah I saw the shipping had dropped to 7-10 days in Australia already too. I hope so, it seems like the U.S. is one of Apple's biggest markets...
    09-19-2013 11:22 PM
    And the Apple Store is down... only 3.5 hours to go...
    B1ue_B1aze likes this.
    09-19-2013 11:33 PM
    I'm getting ready, not sure if I'll take a nap or not lol. If I do my reaction time may be faster to click the mouse . I really hope that the shipping times are fast, or in-store pickup is available, that'd be awesome to get it in my hands today.
    09-19-2013 11:37 PM
    We all are waiting to get our hand one a 5s and I fixit is currently tearing one apart !!

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    09-19-2013 11:37 PM
    I cant sleep, and since I'm taking off anyway, I'll be leaving here about 2am to head to Verizon by Kenwood Mall (Cincinnati, OH). Got both iPads charged and ready to go for the pajama party. Plus it also helps that my Malibu has a 120V charger in the car lol.

I go hard lol.
    09-19-2013 11:46 PM
    I'm the First Lady!

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    I have not decided. I know if I stay up and order then there will be a bunch available that I drive and pick up one. However if I don't order for delivery then they will be sold out everywhere and I will order, but then sold out so have to wait two weeks. I guess I will roll the dice and see if any are in stores tomorrow.
    I'm the Prince.
    09-19-2013 11:49 PM
    I hope that Apple has taken the store down this early to beef up the server infrastructure.
    09-19-2013 11:49 PM
    I hope that Apple has taken the store down this early to beef up the server infrastructure.
    Same... I remember back when I tried reserving my iPhone 4 and the servers wouldn't let me through. Luckily I was able to use the Apple store app on my 3G to reserve it the next day. Apple better be ready for the huge amount of orders about to come through...

Seems like their servers were able to easily handle 5c pre-orders though.
    09-20-2013 12:13 AM
    Same... I remember back when I tried reserving my iPhone 4 and the servers wouldn't let me through. Luckily I was able to use the Apple store app on my 3G to reserve it the next day. Apple better be ready for the huge amount of orders about to come through...

Yeah, however I don't think 5c will cause as much traffic as the 5s. I would have liked to be able to use the app, but the 5s will actually be my first iDevice that runs iOS .
    09-20-2013 12:16 AM

It’s like this every year... will be very similar to the rush for iOS 7 on Wednesday...

The rules for the night:
    1. Be patient
    2. Keep trying
    3. Go to 1
    09-20-2013 12:17 AM
    Yeah, however I don't think 5c will cause as much traffic as the 5s. I would have liked to be able to use the app, but the 5s will actually be my first iDevice that runs iOS .
    Yeah no way near as much traffic for the 5c lol. Same! I'm using an old Motorola Atrix 2 at the moment, so I'm borrowing my brother's iPhone 5 in case the website doesn't work.

It’s like this every year... will be very similar to the rush for iOS 7 on Wednesday...

The rules for the night:
    1. Be patient
    2. Keep trying
    3. Go to 1
    Couldn't agree more!
    09-20-2013 12:23 AM

The rules for the night:
    1. Be patient
    2. Keep trying
    3. Go to 1
    Hmmm, already failed #1, I've been screaming "COME ON!" at my screen for the past hour and flipped a desk.
    09-20-2013 12:25 AM
    Hmmm, already failed #1, I've been screaming "COME ON!" at my screen for the past hour and flipped a desk.
    LOL...
    09-20-2013 12:26 AM
    Can someone combine this thread with the "official" one? I don't think I can in Tapatalk 2.
    This is supposed to be the staying up late to order online thread, not the waiting in line thread.

So at 12:01 PDT it's like, the Apple web site is still down! I got through to AT&T but my computer crashed! I got halfway through the order and the server is bogged down! And, yay, I get my gold 5s delivered in 5 days!

As opposed to the other thread, where it's like, still here, boy, it's cold, 8 more hours to go...
    09-20-2013 12:53 AM
    This is supposed to be the staying up late to order online thread, not the waiting in line thread.

So at 12:01 PDT it's like, the Apple web site is still down! I got through to AT&T but my computer crashed! I got halfway through the order and the server is bogged down! And, yay, I get my gold 5s delivered in 5 days!

As opposed to the other thread, where it's like, still here, boy, it's cold, 8 more hours to go...
    Sounds like either option is not pleasant lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    09-20-2013 01:03 AM
    less than 2 hrs!!
    09-20-2013 01:10 AM
    So I cannot decide which color to get! I went black iPhone 4, white 4s, black 5 and im torn on the 5s. White/Silver or White/Gold....
    09-20-2013 01:27 AM
    Didn't bother waiting up last night for the launch but Woke up early and figured I'd have missed the boat on getting one in decent time, turns out Three (uk) still have the one I'm after in stock ready for delivery. I'll stay here cosy in bed while ordering, sod that standing out in the cold lark!!

Noticed they've not got any gold/white in until mid October, bet there's going to be some big complaints about supply this time around
    09-20-2013 01:44 AM
    I was too! I had chosen gold but then seeing some of the live videos the color doesn't look like the photos so now i am going back and forth between it and the silver. I think I am going with silver, I will be next to a couple stores tomorrow so I will pop in and see it in person for myself if I love it I will cancel my order.

So I cannot decide which color to get! I went black iPhone 4, white 4s, black 5 and im torn on the 5s. White/Silver or White/Gold....
    09-20-2013 01:46 AM
    I was too! I had chosen gold but then seeing some of the live videos the color doesn't look like the photos so now i am going back and forth between it and the silver. I think I am going with silver, I will be next to a couple stores tomorrow so I will pop in and see it in person for myself if I love it I will cancel my order.
    LMAO I just went the complete opposite! I watched some videos and decided to go gold. My wife is getting gold also.
    09-20-2013 01:52 AM
152 12345 ...