Same here lol. And a leather case
    Already got my Defender on the way!
    09-19-2013 01:37 PM
    I dont think weve "been here" before. Typically, pre-order is a week before launch day, so next day/2 day shipping was moot. On purchases from Apple well after launch day, you can get 2 day shipping on some items free and for extra cost for others... we be in new territory here...
    Agreed. Since it's an order and not a pre-order, I'm hoping we can choose faster shipping.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    09-19-2013 01:38 PM
    I don’t think we’ve "been here" before. Typically, pre-order is a week before launch day, so next day/2 day shipping was moot. On purchases from Apple well after launch day, you can get 2 day shipping on some items free and for extra cost for others... we be in new territory here...
    Yeah, there really isn't any part of me that believes it will be an option. If I had the patience about this that I do other things, I would wake up, order it, and go back to bed. But wanting the new device, missing IOS 7, and loathing this iphone 4 backup with a broken home button has me at wits end. I was going to get into a line, or be the first in line, at 3am. Then I moved it to 5am. Now I am at 6am. Might be to 'screw it I'll order online' by dinner time lol!
    Eileen89 and perryfamily10 like this.
    09-19-2013 01:39 PM
    Yeah, there really isn't any part of me that believes it will be an option. If I had the patience about this that I do other things, I would wake up, order it, and go back to bed. But wanting the new device, missing IOS 7, and loathing this iphone 4 backup with a broken home button has me at wits end. I was going to get into a line, or be the first in line, at 3am. Then I moved it to 5am. Now I am at 6am. Might be to 'screw it I'll order online' by dinner time lol!
    I’m telling you, man, it’s a sick obsession. Welcome to the club. Heck, I’m not just a member. I’m the president.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    09-19-2013 01:49 PM
    Im telling you, man, its a sick obsession. Welcome to the club. Heck, Im not just a member. Im the president.
    I'm the First Lady!

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    Fausty82 and Ipheuria like this.
    09-19-2013 01:55 PM
    I have not decided. I know if I stay up and order then there will be a bunch available that I drive and pick up one. However if I don't order for delivery then they will be sold out everywhere and I will order, but then sold out so have to wait two weeks. I guess I will roll the dice and see if any are in stores tomorrow.
    09-19-2013 02:28 PM
    I'll be ordering a 32gb gold at 12am tonight. I'll swing by the store after work tomorrow and if they have stock, buy there and cancel my order.
    09-19-2013 03:01 PM
    I have to order from the carrier and they are supposed to get very little supply. So I'm going to try calling in at 11:55 to get ahead of the que and hopefully get mine ordered. If I'm lucky I'll get it ordered and pick it up at one of their stores tomorrow. If I'm unlucky I'll get stuck on the phone and be told the supply is all gone and have to wait for a week or two. When I got my iPhone 5 I had to order online because it was factory unlocked. The wait was a month so a couple weeks I can do.
    09-19-2013 03:11 PM
    I'm not standing in line or ordering tomorrow. I would if I had the funds this week but things didn't work out. I have also had really good luck around my area getting it the week after. So when things get sorted out at the bank next Friday I will try. Until then I'll keep watch of the stories and see how quickly everybody else gets what they wanted.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    09-19-2013 03:40 PM
    Went to my local AT&T store to ask if they would allow me to purchase the 5S at full retail so I could save my partial upgrade that I have. The manager came out and said that they will not be allowing customers to purchase the 5S in the store unless they are doing so as an upgrade or a new customer. He said full retail customers will be told to go through Apple to get the 5S.... Sounds to me like they are just being greedy because of not receiving their sales commission on full retail sales.

09-19-2013 03:47 PM
    Went to my local AT&T store to ask if they would allow me to purchase the 5S at full retail so I could save my partial upgrade that I have. The manager came out and said that they will not be allowing customers to purchase the 5S in the store unless they are doing so as an upgrade or a new customer. He said full retail customers will be told to go through Apple to get the 5S.... Sounds to me like they are just being greedy because of not receiving their sales commission on full retail sales.

WOW, I hope VZW isn't doing this. I really dont want to deal with the Apple Store.
    09-19-2013 03:49 PM
    WOW, I hope VZW isn't doing this. I really dont want to deal with the Apple Store.
    Best way to find out is to call the store today and find out for sure. My local AT&T stores have done this in the past which is why I stopped in today to ask. I didn't want to stand in a line only to be turned away when I got through the front door.

09-19-2013 03:56 PM
    Best way to find out is to call the store today and find out for sure. My local AT&T stores have done this in the past which is why I stopped in today to ask. I didn't want to stand in a line only to be turned away when I got through the front door.

welp just called my VZW and they said full retail is fine, but once again cant discuss inventory, I know apple has people secret shop and call to see if people will talk and that is means for termination.
    09-19-2013 04:17 PM
    welp just called my VZW and they said full retail is fine, but once again cant discuss inventory, I know apple has people secret shop and call to see if people will talk and that is means for termination.
    That is good that Verizon isn't doing this. I wish my local AT&T store would copy Verizon on this one, lol.

09-19-2013 07:51 PM
    I am in the exact same spot... I am ready for a new phone and do not want to wait!
    09-19-2013 08:03 PM
    big kev ready for the pajammmma jam party iphone 5s you gonna be mine as soon as they let me pre order ya.. can't wait... got my juice , cookies, and sammiches i am ready oh and watching thursday night football.
    09-19-2013 08:24 PM
    att has always let me by all new pre order phones at full retail are you going to a corporate store?
    09-19-2013 08:25 PM
    I'll be lined up at local best buy by 1:30am after I get off work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-19-2013 08:31 PM
    att has always let me by all new pre order phones at full retail are you going to a corporate store?
    There was no preorder for the 5S, and yes, I went to a corporate store.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-19-2013 08:35 PM
    After thinking about it, I'm now a little concerned about my strategy for tonight/tomorrow. If I start my order at 3am with Apple, they'll apply my upgrade price. However, if I try to get into a store early tomorrow, they may see that I'm not longer eligible for an upgrade and charge me full retail. Ugh.
    09-19-2013 08:42 PM
    After thinking about it, I'm now a little concerned about my strategy for tonight/tomorrow. If I start my order at 3am with Apple, they'll apply my upgrade price. However, if I try to get into a store early tomorrow, they may see that I'm not longer eligible for an upgrade and charge me full retail. Ugh.
    This is biggest reason for taking the unlocked version this year. I have a partial upgrade available but don't want to use it right now. AT&T isn't allowing me to pay the full retail price so I have to go through Apple.

09-19-2013 08:46 PM
    Same here. I would be using an upgrade and my concern is that if it goes through online at 2:00am central, that by the time I have a card in my hand at Verizon that would confirm I'd be getting the phone I want from the physical store, either I would not be able to cancel my order and have it reflect in the system quickly enough, or it would already be processed for shipping and thus no option to cancel period. This darn phone has me acting like I'm 11 years old again.
    09-19-2013 09:06 PM
    I think my approach will be that if the shipping times are 24 hours at 3am (doubtful given the availability worldwide thus far) then I'll order online and stick with it. If they're already at 7-10 days, I'll try my luck in store tomorrow at a few different locations; the first being Walmart that opens at 7am. If there's nothing at Walmart then I'll order online and will just deal with the shipping times, regardless of where they're at 4 hours after the sale opens.
    09-19-2013 09:18 PM
    I can't decide if I should use express checkout or not. I kind of want to see if it'll let me choose a shipping speed if I don't use it.
    09-19-2013 10:09 PM
    Nothing like a 5S pj party and a lumineers concert!
    09-19-2013 10:27 PM
152 1234 ...