Probably a newbie question, but this will be my first time:
    #1 - Standing in line on launch day
    #2 - Upgrading devices on a Verizon Family Plan

My wife and I both have iPhone 4s's and both qualify for a device upgrade through Verizon on our Family Plan. I am hoping to stand in line and upgrade BOTH of our lines while she stays at home. I am the primary contact on the Verizon account.

My question is this: Does she need to be there with me to upgrade her line on our family plan or should I be able to do both lines?

Thanks in advance!
    09-18-2013 04:41 PM
    Probably a newbie question, but this will be my first time:
    #1 - Standing in line on launch day
    #2 - Upgrading devices on a Verizon Family Plan

My wife and I both have iPhone 4s's and both qualify for a device upgrade through Verizon on our Family Plan. I am hoping to stand in line and upgrade BOTH of our lines while she stays at home. I am the primary contact on the Verizon account.

My question is this: Does she need to be there with me to upgrade her line on our family plan or should I be able to do both lines?

Thanks in advance!
    Normally she would not need to be there... but with a new phone launch, I’d take her along.

The reason I say that is that typically Apple limits the number of devices one can purchase per transaction. If they limit you to ONE devices, somebody's gonna be unhappy (her because she didn’t get the phone or you because you’re sleeping on the couch with your new phone). If she’s with you, you should each be able to purchase a phone.
    09-18-2013 05:03 PM
    Normally she would not need to be there... but with a new phone launch, Id take her along.

The reason I say that is that typically Apple limits the number of devices one can purchase per transaction. If they limit you to ONE devices, somebody's gonna be unhappy (her because she didnt get the phone or you because youre sleeping on the couch with your new phone). If shes with you, you should each be able to purchase a phone.
    I think the limit in past years was 2 per person but they could change that. Buy yes as the account holder you shouldn't have any trouble upgrading both phones.
    09-18-2013 05:15 PM
    it was 2 last year because i got 2 iPhone but they also asked me to have the person who's in charge of the account because then it was my mom and now i have my own and what happens if i want to add a line would that work?
    09-18-2013 06:59 PM
    it was 2 last year because i got 2 iPhone but they also asked me to have the person who's in charge of the account because then it was my mom and now i have my own and what happens if i want to add a line would that work?
    It’s always been 2... I just raised it as an issue because of the projected scarcity of the phones...
    09-18-2013 07:14 PM