Unlocked and T-Mobile versions the same?

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been asked before.

On both the 5s and 5c page, they list the T-Mobile model and Unlocked model as separate devices. The T-Mobile model is still unlocked and comes with a T-Mobile card preinstalled (which doesn't have to be activated).

But I'm assuming that both are compatible with all LTE bands? Aren't they essentially the same phone? I ask because the T-Mobile version seems to ship right away, whereas the "Unlocked" version makes you wait 5 days. If they're the same, I don't see why I wouldn't just order the T-Mobile version and put my AT&T sim in.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been asked before.

On both the 5s and 5c page, they list the T-Mobile model and Unlocked model as separate devices. The T-Mobile model is still unlocked and comes with a T-Mobile card preinstalled (which doesn't have to be activated).

But I'm assuming that both are compatible with all LTE bands? Aren't they essentially the same phone? I ask because the T-Mobile version seems to ship right away, whereas the "Unlocked" version makes you wait 5 days. If they're the same, I don't see why I wouldn't just order the T-Mobile version and put my AT&T sim in.
Yes. The T-Mobile 5S is also the unlocked iPhone 5S. The T-Mobile unlocked version will work on AT&T's LTE network too. This is the one that I am getting as well. You can activate it with your AT&T SIM card without any issues.

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes. The T-Mobile 5S is also the unlocked iPhone 5S. The T-Mobile unlocked version will work on AT&T's LTE network too. This is the one that I am getting as well. You can activate it with your AT&T SIM card without any issues.

Thanks. That's odd. I wonder why they differentiate them. Why punish people who just want a straight up unlocked device and pretend like the T-Mobile iPhone is different? So there are more stock for T-Mobile people? Seems like people who want the unlocked models always get shafted. At least we don't have to wait several weeks this year.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. That's odd. I wonder why they differentiate them. Why punish people who just want a straight up unlocked device and pretend like the T-Mobile iPhone is different? So there are more stock for T-Mobile people? Seems like people who want the unlocked models always get shafted. At least we don't have to wait several weeks this year.
I think the reason is that because T-Mobile does not actually have an iPhone of their own, the unlocked version is labeled as theirs too. I agree with you here, as it is a little confusing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner