iPhone 5s Preorder: Delivery or Pickup?

anon(8048435)

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
There is conflicting information about this in other threads so I thought I'd ask the question here:

Apple will be doing pre-orders for the iPhone 5S at 12:01AM PDT on Sept 20th. If I do the preorder is it for delivery only, or would I have the option of being able to drive into the Apple Store the following afternoon (for example) and have a phone waiting for me?

Thanks in advance for the clarification

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Also want to know this. I heard that if you do in store pickup its not like their holding the phone for you which doesn't make sense to me

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
From what I heard and especially if supply is tight assuming it will be order online and have deliver sometime next week or go to the store. There will not be an order online with in store pick up just as that is not an option with the 5c.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If you select to pickup in store, you've paid for it because you have to put in your credit card info and therefore it is your phone and you can go get it. That assumes that option is presented for those trying to buy online at midnight PST. When you get there, you bring a printout of your receipt, they confirm you paid with that card, check your ID, and away you go.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There is no preorder for the 5s.

If you go online Friday morning at 12:01, you will be placing an order - not a pre-order. That means you can have the phone delivered right to your door.

​If you want to pick the phone up in the store, you will need to show up bright and early Friday morning to stand in line.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
There is conflicting information about this in other threads so I thought I'd ask the question here:

Apple will be doing pre-orders for the iPhone 5S at 12:01AM PDT on Sept 20th. If I do the preorder is it for delivery only, or would I have the option of being able to drive into the Apple Store the following afternoon (for example) and have a phone waiting for me?

Thanks in advance for the clarification

It's NOT CALLED preordering because on the 20th the iPhone will be released.
If we could order before the iPhone came out then it's called " preorder".

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2 pro

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone planning on ordering their 5S via the Apple Store app?

I thought about that but I think I'll be going through their site just in case. I have to renew my contract with VZW and feel I'll have better luck doing that on the Apple website versus the app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought about that but I think I'll be going through their site just in case. I have to renew my contract with VZW and feel I'll have better luck doing that on the Apple website versus the app.
I understand, and under the circumstances, I'd be doing the same thing...:)

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
This will be the first time the planets have been aligned for me to get in on getting an iphone on launch day....so I will be trying Apple's website first. I kinda refuse to use AT&T for anything unless I absolutely have to. I really prefer the "Apple" experience more.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2