I was wondering if the Verizon iPhone 5S would work with all AT&T LTE bands and GSM bands. If im not mistaken, I believe my iPhone 5 works on all AT&T LTE bands.
    09-17-2013 09:23 AM
    Yes it will.
    09-17-2013 09:40 AM
    Verizon iPhone 5 does not work on AT&T LTE bands. (A1429 vs A1428.)

But the Verizon iPhone 5s will. (A1533s for all!)
    09-17-2013 09:44 AM
    would you be 100% certain on this? i have a birthday for my niece coming up and she is an AT&T customer and i'll be in line already for my verizon 5S so i was wondering if i could grab it for her while i was there.
    09-17-2013 10:00 AM
    would you be 100% certain on this? i have a birthday for my niece coming up and she is an AT&T customer and i'll be in line already for my verizon 5S so i was wondering if i could grab it for her while i was there.
    Yes. See here:
    Apple - iPhone 5 - View countries with supported LTE networks.
    09-17-2013 11:04 AM
    i love this forum.. you guys are awesome and helpful
    09-17-2013 11:54 AM
    Are you meaning you will get two iPhone 5S devices or just get a Verizon iPhone 5S and give it to her? Sometimes you have to activate on the spot. I'd be curious to know how this works out for you. Let us know please.
    09-17-2013 05:16 PM
    If you're in line at Verizon - you can't buy without activation... IF you're in line at Apple... you'll be able to get your Verizon phone and maybe also one for the niece... not sure how they'd work that...
    09-17-2013 05:19 PM
    verizon iphone 5s, would i keep my data plan because right now i have the 5 and i have unlimited
    09-17-2013 05:58 PM
    verizon iphone 5s, would i keep my data plan because right now i have the 5 and i have unlimited
    You would have to pay full retail to keep your unlimited data plan with Verizon, or switch an upgrade with another line. If you get the 5S subsidized on the line that has the unlimited data plan,it would be removed. I have an unlimited data plan with AT&T and so far have been lucky that they haven't instituted the same policy as Verizon.
    09-17-2013 06:23 PM
    You would have to pay full retail to keep your unlimited data plan with Verizon, or switch an upgrade with another line. If you get the 5S subsidized on the line that has the unlimited data plan,it would be removed. I have an unlimited data plan with AT&T and so far have been lucky that they haven't instituted the same policy as Verizon.
    I am grandfathered into the Unlimited Verizon NATIONWIDE DATA/VOICE and am not interested in changing my plan or signing a 2 year contract. I was just told (by APPLE CHAT) that I would either have to call 1800MYAPPLE or Visit an Apple Store to purchase the 5s for full price on the 20th.

No way in the world do I want to stand in any lines on that day.
    09-17-2013 09:17 PM
    I purchased the 5 last year at full retail in order to keep the unlimited data but will end up succumbing to the new tiered data plan to get the 5s. I just can't swing that kind of money again. Unfortunately the new plan is going to end up costing me a bit more per month for limited data
    09-17-2013 09:32 PM
    No way in the world do I want to stand in any lines on that day.
    Can't say that I blame you my friend. I don't want to either.
    09-17-2013 09:47 PM
    I purchased the 5 last year at full retail in order to keep the unlimited data but will end up succumbing to the new tiered data plan to get the 5s. I just can't swing that kind of money again. Unfortunately the new plan is going to end up costing me a bit more per month for limited data
    I understand. They get you one way or the other don't they? lol
    09-17-2013 09:48 PM
    I understand. They get you one way or the other don't they? lol
    That they do! I fought it this long but can't fight any further. I'm going to end up spending more money per month for less features.
    09-17-2013 10:33 PM
    Can't say that I blame you my friend. I don't want to either.
    Well, today was interesting but not unexpected. Followed Apple's instructions and called like they told me to. It was a waste of time. They couldn't sell me a phone (unlocked and off-contract) without it being GSM and I am with VERIZON! I knew this was going to happen but I called anyway....

I am grandfathered into a contract (Verizon) and did not want to change my contract. BTW, I have been with Verizon for 22 years (same cell phone number + recently a linked GOOGLE VOICE #), use to be Bell Atlantic when it started (from the Washington DC Area). And a few years before that when they sold beepers (at Luskins)!

BACK ON TOPIC: Wasted another 1 hour and 1/2 knowing I should have called VERIZON first. Wasted another hour to finally speaking with a representative ([nice lady] who's day probably started and ended worst than mine).

Finally ordered my phone (iphone 5s Space Gray 64gb [I am a music lover and developer and need the space]) to be advised that it would be shipped on October 7th (kind of knew that today was not the day. No problem, this isn't my first rodeo! I am use to waiting on technology and how it is advertised but not readily available.

Did anyone else's day mirror mine or was better or worst?
    09-20-2013 11:54 PM