A poll about screen sizes...

What is your opinion on screen size?

• 100% content with current iPhone screen size, do not want a larger iPhone.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Content with current screen size, but would be open to a larger iPhone.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Indifferent about screen size, and would buy the iPhone regardless.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Prefer a larger screen size, but still plan to buy the iPhone at current size.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I will not buy an iPhone until the screen is larger.

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • I would not buy an iPhone, regardless of screen size.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just playing devil's advocate here... but what happens next year? and the next year...

Dang it Fausty I'm not thinking that far ahead! LOL.

Maybe 5" becomes the C models and 6 iPhablet is the flagship LOL.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Dang it Fausty I'm not thinking that far ahead! LOL.

Maybe 5" becomes the C models and 6 iPhablet is the flagship LOL.

LOL... that guy in the fetal position on the floor screaming "make it stop" is me.
smile.png

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This poll, thus far, has followed kind of what I figured our community was sitting at...quite a lot of the members happy where they are, but a growing chunk of users wanting something bigger. Truth be told, even I have come to terms with the idea of the iPhone growing soon, but I was happy to see another year of, what I consider, a very optimal screen size.

I am curious though what would make the masses happy if Apple decided to expand the screen real estate...I see such a scatter shot of suggestions that it makes me wonder if the same complaints we have now would follow ANY new iPhone size. They release a 4.3" screen and the 5" fans would complain, they release a 5" screen and lots of other people start losing interest.

I know you can never please EVERY person, but I'm curious where the median lies now that more and more people are moving towards a larger screen preference. Where can you appease those who want change AND those who don't?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This poll, thus far, has followed kind of what I figured our community was sitting at...quite a lot of the members happy where they are, but a growing chunk of users wanting something bigger. Truth be told, even I have come to terms with the idea of the iPhone growing soon, but I was happy to see another year of, what I consider, a very optimal screen size.

I am curious though what would make the masses happy if Apple decided to expand the screen real estate...I see such a scatter shot of suggestions that it makes me wonder if the same complaints we have now would follow ANY new iPhone size. They release a 4.3" screen and the 5" fans would complain, they release a 5" screen and lots of other people start losing interest.

I know you can never please EVERY person, but I'm curious where the median lies now that more and more people are moving towards a larger screen preference. Where can you appease those who want change AND those who don't?

I don't know if there a median that could appease everyone cause like you stated Sean no matter what somebody will alway b1tch!

As reflected by my vote I'm content with the 4" screen but if Apple say increased the screen size to 5" or more I would be a very unhappy camper especially if Apple only releases their flagship phone in said size.

With all the improvements in the 5S people are still whining there is no innovation simply because they want a larger screen where as that couldn't be further from the truth. The reviews I've seen so far are saying this is the best iPhone yet and the best smartphone on the market. Even TouchID which the Android faithful have berated since day 1 has been a hit! So much for that 'but but the Atrix had a fingerprint scanner first!!' *stomps feet*

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i still think that screen size should be increased to 4.2 to 4.5,not exactly phablet size but little more to life

You are certainly welcome to your opinion... I love it the way it is... that’s why forums like iMore exist - to share our opinions and to help/get help. Thank you for your input.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro