Hi

I'm currently on Blackberry Q10 will switch to iphone 5S when comes out, I have some questions to ask first:

Do emulator run good on iphone?
    Can I connect my iphone to a HDTV via HDMI??
    Can I play emulators on my iphone connected to my HDTV via HDMI and play wth a wireless controler(PS2 or xbox)?

Im switching anyway just want to see what am gonna be losing/gaining for switching.

Regards
    09-15-2013 11:38 PM
    You need to purchase an adapter to connect to HDMI.

if by emulator you mean something like NES games, the answer is no unless you jailbreak.

No external controllers yet, by iOS 7 has hooks in it for that kind of support, so I would expect new controllers to start appearing that would work.
    09-16-2013 07:49 AM
    Emulators are only available on the iPhone following a jailbreak...so you won't have it available to you for some time after the release of iOS 7. Be careful with emulator talk around here though, as 99.9999999% of them are illegal, and in the realm of pirating movies/video games.

The iPhone does not have an HDMi out, but does have a few adaptors (as Karen suggested), and Apple also offers Air Play, which works in conjunction with the Apple TV unit.
    09-16-2013 08:04 AM
    Hi

I'm currently on Blackberry Q10 will switch to iphone 5S when comes out, I have some questions to ask first:

Do emulator run good on iphone?
    Can I connect my iphone to a HDTV via HDMI??
    Can I play emulators on my iphone connected to my HDTV via HDMI and play wth a wireless controler(PS2 or xbox)?

Im switching anyway just want to see what am gonna be losing/gaining for switching.

Regards
    I am not sure about HDMI but I use AirPlay and my AppleTV when I want to "connect" my iPhone to my TV.

Good choice leaving BlackBerry for the iPhone. I made the switch two years ago and have had zero regrets about switching.
    blueshapti likes this.
    09-16-2013 03:29 PM
    If you get a lightning to HDMI cable plus HDMI to HDMI it'll be like the same price as getting Apple TV. I'd suggest going the Apple TV route.
    09-16-2013 06:21 PM
    You need to use the specific cable for your model iPhone and model TV for this to work. Also it is not a exact mirror of your iPhone it uses only photo apps and video apps.

Connect to TV: Connect iPhone to Your TV
    02-22-2014 11:40 AM
    Does this work good connected to a HDTV ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-28-2014 08:40 AM
    Also it is not a exact mirror of your iPhone it uses only photo apps and video apps.
    That's not correct, it can mirror the screen exactly if you use the Apple Lightning to HDMI cable.
    02-28-2014 09:05 PM
    Does this work good connected to a HDTV ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, it should work very well
    02-28-2014 10:04 PM
    Got Apple TV and use Air Drop to connect iPhone 5s to HD TV works great. Screen, games, pictures. Also connect my iPad Air to TV same way. Also stream movies and shows same way. And you tube videos.
    Last edited by blueshapti; 03-08-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    03-04-2014 03:46 PM
    Got Apple TV and use AirDropPlay to connect iPhone 5s to HD TV works great. Screen, games, pictures. Also connect my iPad Air to TV same way. Also stream mvies and shows same way. And you tube videos.

Correction .
    03-04-2014 03:54 PM
    There is a jailbreak tweak available which will let you use a ps3 or ps4 controller on certain ios7 controller supported games available from the App Store. The list of games on the store that are compatible with controllers, is growing daily.
    Search cydia for CONTROLLERS FOR ALL
    Full instructions provided on Cydia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by johnboysupergolf; 03-04-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    03-04-2014 04:08 PM
    Emulators are only available on the iPhone following a jailbreak...so you won't have it available to you for some time after the release of iOS 7. Be careful with emulator talk around here though, as 99.9999999% of them are illegal, and in the realm of pirating movies/video games.

The iPhone does not have an HDMi out, but does have a few adaptors (as Karen suggested), and Apple also offers Air Play, which works in conjunction with the Apple TV unit.
    Show me an illegal emulator. There's nothing illegal about purchasing and installing an emulator. It's only when you put roms you don't own onto the emulator that the law gets broken.
    I know of not one emulator that comes with roms.

03-04-2014 04:11 PM
    Show me an illegal emulator. There's nothing illegal about purchasing and installing an emulator. It's only when you put roms you don't own onto the emulator that the law gets broken.
    I know of not one emulator that comes with roms.

Apple's app approval process doesn't allow emulators. So the legality doesn't really matter. Yes some have probably snuck past the approval process, but they are quickly pulled as soon as Apple finds out. So the only way to have an emulator (unless you got lucky and downloaded it during the brief period it was available) is to jailbreak.
    03-04-2014 04:16 PM