Apple Store Or Carrier Store?

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I live in Atlanta we have 2 Apple Stores. Was thinking of going to the Perimeter Mall store or corporate Verizon Store in Tucker. Not sure what is better to do was planning on getting there at like 430am What is anyone living in Atlanta doing or experienced in the past? This would be my first time in line upgrading from 4S and pre-ordered for that.

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I live in Atlanta we have 2 Apple Stores. Was thinking of going to the Perimeter Mall store or corporate Verizon Store in Tucker. Not sure what is better to do was planning on getting there at like 430am What is anyone living in Atlanta doing or experienced in the past? This would be my first time in line upgrading from 4S and pre-ordered for that.
Living in Atlanta and seeing the lines for iPhones on release day I would go to the carrier store. Apple Store lines are ridiculous lol. And there's one more Apple Store in Alpharetta at North Point Mall. About 10 miles away from Perimeter

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Apple Store 1 hour from my house just the same way I bought my 4S. No need to do it any different now and I don't like my local VZW store.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Called my local sprint store and the guy told me sprint will not let me buy a 5s for full price!!!!!!!!
Looks like I have to go to the Apple Store. He tried to talk me into adding a new line

Sent from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My personal preference is an Apple Store anyway but I am not paying full price opting to use my upgrade.

Yeah that's always the best route but I just dropped a line and upgraded my two remaining lines 5 months ago and I don't really want to re add another line

Sent from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Well ultimately the 18th after downloading iOS7 I will truly make up my mind if I'm gonna stick with my i5

Sent from my iPhone 5

Harley Kid

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
After making a trip south to an Apple store he in NH, I was informed that unless I am on the "big four", I am not able to purchase a 5s and have all of my contacts/info/apps ported over in one spot. Although US Cellular is the last kid picked to join the Apple team, I found it rather disconcerting that the store looked at a smaller carrier as some sort of mongrel that they had NO interest in dealing with. BUT ... They are more than willing to "help me" with my AppleCare+ plan. Carrier store it is for my 5s!

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
this is probably a really dumb question so please forgive me. :) i've always purchased my new iphones from carrier stores (verizon). i also live in atlanta and i'm planning on getting the 5s when it's released. i have an upgrade available on my line so my question is, can i purchase the new iphone at an apple store for my upgrade price or is that something you can only do at the carrier stores?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
this is probably a really dumb question so please forgive me. :) i've always purchased my new iphones from carrier stores (verizon). i also live in atlanta and i'm planning on getting the 5s when it's released. i have an upgrade available on my line so my question is, can i purchase the new iphone at an apple store for my upgrade price or is that something you can only do at the carrier stores?

Yes, you can purchase it at Apple for the upgrade price, as they have a connection to all the carrier networks at the store, and can pull up your information in that sense.

I'm sure you know, but just in case you've never gone to the Apple store on release day, the Lenox Mall location is a MAD HOUSE, the Perimeter Mall location is slightly less chaotic, and I've found that they let people wait inside the mall itself vs. Lenox who made people wait outside last year until Apple started checking people in.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can purchase it at Apple for the upgrade price, as they have a connection to all the carrier networks at the store, and can pull up your information in that sense.

I'm sure you know, but just in case you've never gone to the Apple store on release day, the Lenox Mall location is a MAD HOUSE, the Perimeter Mall location is slightly less chaotic, and I've found that they let people wait inside the mall itself vs. Lenox who made people wait outside last year until Apple started checking people in.

awesome! thank you for the heads up sean! i didn't even want to attempt going to lenox. haha. i think my roommate and i will be going to perimeter. this will be her first iphone so i wanted her to get the full experience of launch day.

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I`m in Marietta and plan on driving to a VZW store in the boonies lol. Thats if I decide to get the 5S Im still on the fence. I plan on listing my iphone 5 on Craigslist this week and depending on how that goes will determine if I get the 5S or just wait for the 6 since I have an actual upgrade in December nxt year.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I`m in Marietta and plan on driving to a VZW store in the boonies lol. Thats if I decide to get the 5S Im still on the fence. I plan on listing my iphone 5 on Craigslist this week and depending on how that goes will determine if I get the 5S or just wait for the 6 since I have an actual upgrade in December nxt year.

Good ol' May-retta. lol!

You may not have to drive to the boonies...last year, many people were reporting that their local carrier stores had plenty of stock. I'd check them out before driving too far out when you may not have to.

Also, just in case anyone was curious, Best Buy is apparently doing hold lists for people who come in and knock out the paper work before hand, essentially leaving it to a simple walk in, pay and leave with your device. That's what I'm betting on this year, as my friend works at Best Buy and got me and my wife on the list already. Crossing my fingers it works out.

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Good ol' May-retta. lol!

You may not have to drive to the boonies...last year, many people were reporting that their local carrier stores had plenty of stock. I'd check them out before driving too far out when you may not have to.

Also, just in case anyone was curious, Best Buy is apparently doing hold lists for people who come in and knock out the paper work before hand, essentially leaving it to a simple walk in, pay and leave with your device. That's what I'm betting on this year, as my friend works at Best Buy and got me and my wife on the list already. Crossing my fingers it works out.

The 2 closet to me are Cobb Prkway by Cumberland and the one in Kennesaw, The VZW on Cobb Parkway is usually dead when I go in there lol. I use to work for the Corporate VZW in Savannah and we are always slammed so I wasn't use to that. When the 4S came out we didnt sell out of 16gbs until Saturday afternoon the day after release. I was thinking about going to Woodstock because I figure the Kennesaw location might have college kids from KSU, and the Cumberland is closer to Atlanta city limits so you have people who might be thinking they will outsmart the people going to the Apple store lol.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The 2 closet to me are Cobb Prkway by Cumberland and the one in Kennesaw, The VZW on Cobb Parkway is usually dead when I go in there lol. I use to work for the Corporate VZW in Savannah and we are always slammed so I wasn't use to that. When the 4S came out we didnt sell out of 16gbs until Saturday afternoon the day after release. I was thinking about going to Woodstock because I figure the Kennesaw location might have college kids from KSU, and the Cumberland is closer to Atlanta city limits so you have people who might be thinking they will outsmart the people going to the Apple store lol.

People traffic is quite heavy in Woodstock lately because of that new outlet mall...so you may not find a lower level there anymore.

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
People traffic is quite heavy in Woodstock lately because of that new outlet mall...so you may not find a lower level there anymore.

true, heck looks like the iphone 5 has dropped in value greately on Ebay and Craigslist, I`m seeing VZW ones go in the 300s so that is kind of a turn off paying a little under 400. I have the money for it but dang thought I would be looking at making 450 or something. I`m still gonna list my phone for the heck of it and see what happens.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
true, heck looks like the iphone 5 has dropped in value greately on Ebay and Craigslist, I`m seeing VZW ones go in the 300s so that is kind of a turn off paying a little under 400. I have the money for it but dang thought I would be looking at making 450 or something. I`m still gonna list my phone for the heck of it and see what happens.

You can still make $400+ on the 5, you just have to be patient. We just sold my wife's on CL over the weekend for $450, but had to turn down about a dozen people.

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
You can still make $400+ on the 5, you just have to be patient. We just sold my wife's on CL over the weekend for $450, but had to turn down about a dozen people.

my goal is to have my iphone sold by saturday or at least sometime next week since I will have the phone Friday hopefully. Do you think I should list now and just mention I want to meet up on Saturday or what? I've never sold on craigslist (I always use Ebay) so any advice is welcome.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
my goal is to have my iphone sold by saturday or at least sometime next week since I will have the phone Friday hopefully. Do you think I should list now and just mention I want to meet up on Saturday or what? I've never sold on craigslist (I always use Ebay) so any advice is welcome.

List it on eBay now. I sold my 4S for $350 and will mail it out on Friday when I get the new phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox