Show us your iPhone 5S Homescreen:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Your App Store red badge actually works? Mine never shows on the app icon. If I open the app, then it does.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Same here.....that number 1 notification is for the Tapatalk update which I refuse to do on my 5s

Sent from my Gold iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Your App Store red badge actually works? Mine never shows on the app icon. If I open the app, then it does.

Led, if you have your App Store apps set to automatically update, your badge update number count icon will never show.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Led, if you have your App Store apps set to automatically update, your badge update number count icon will never show.

I update manually. But the red badge rarely shows. I usually open the App Store app before it ever shows. But It'll go a long time from when it arrives in the store to when or if the badge shows. It's been months since I've seen the badge. Others experience that as well. Sometimes I have no clue an app has updated, then someone mentions here on iMore. I go to the App Store and there it is. It's been that way since iOS 7 began.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I update manually. But the red badge rarely shows. I usually open the App Store app before it ever shows. But It'll go a long time from when it arrives in the store to when or if the badge shows. It's been months since I've seen the badge. Others experience that as well. Sometimes I have no clue an app has updated, then someone mentions here on iMore. I go to the App Store and there it is. It's been that way since iOS 7 began.

Ok, no problem !! I have mine set to automatic so I never see the badge.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, no problem !! I have mine set to automatic so I never see the badge.

I used auto update for a short while, but I never was notified when I had an update. I would only know when I saw the little blue dot by the icon title. :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I used auto update for a short while, but I never was notified when I had an update. I would only know when I saw the little blue dot by the icon title. :)

Gotcha !! See, now with mine set to auto update I get the notifications in my pull down menu, BUT I NEVER see the dots to indicate an app was updated !! The only time I get a dot is when an app is newly installed.

On another note, I wanted a case to match for today's game, my outfit, Beweather set and phone wallie. I took Elizabeth's wp and created an insert for my crystal clear Spigen case !! (My uggs are even lime green !!)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422810859.680092.jpg

GO HAWKS

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know what day it is ?!?!?!?! Hey, hey camel !!
[runs to go double check on the calendar.....yep, ok it's Wednesday. Whew!] Lol

Happy Wednesday all

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423056261.810285.jpg

tapped out from my iPad Air

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW