Does the gold iPhone look feminine?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Who's still debating? I have a black 5 right now... Looked at a friend's white 5 this am... Still on the fence whether to stay black (space grey) or go white, then decide silver vs gold... Arghhh

I was set in black/grey but now I'm wondering... I'm worried that - for me -the novelty of the gold will wear off. The white/silver would be something pretty much different than all my past iPhones. But part of me still wants to play it safe and go black.

Go gold !!

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Who's still debating? I have a black 5 right now... Looked at a friend's white 5 this am... Still on the fence whether to stay black (space grey) or go white, then decide silver vs gold... Arghhh

I was set in black/grey but now I'm wondering... I'm worried that - for me -the novelty of the gold will wear off. The white/silver would be something pretty much different than all my past iPhones. But part of me still wants to play it safe and go black.

I am not so much worried about the novelty wearing off, I am worried that everyone is going to get it. I like to have a different color, and I have a feeling that gold will be real popular. Plus, it has a white face. I like the way white looks; however, I also like to use colored cases to mix things up so I do not get bored. White face with red, orange, etc can look real feminine real quick IMO. But those same colors with the black face look fine. Just my ignorant opinion.......although I am going to put hands on it before deciding.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I saw a picture with Black/Slate beside Space Grey and the Space Grey is not as nice IMO. I know blah blah hard to anodize blah. But damn why didn't they do Gold with Black accents? Now I'm flip flopping between Gold and Space Grey. I hate the white face but the Sky Grey is not appealing at all.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I saw a picture with Black/Slate beside Space Grey and the Space Grey is not as nice IMO. I know blah blah hard to anodize blah. But damn why didn't they do Gold with Black accents? Now I'm flip flopping between Gold and Space Grey. I hate the white face but the Sky Grey is not appealing at all.

Hmm that's what i was afraid of, that the grey is not black enough. Do you happen to have that picture?

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd just like to say --

Of course the gold iPhone looks feminine. Absolutely.

So none of you guys are going to want it on Friday.

And so it's going to sit in the Apple Store, waiting for me ... I mean, others ... to buy it without having to brave the early lines. :p

UPDATE: You especially don't want a 64 GB gold one.

Just think of it as a giant handbag.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The space gray looks great on that picture.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

think it's a matter of taste because to me the darker color looks WAY better =) which is why I'm waffling between the space grey and the gold. I don't like the white face on iPhones I never have however the gold is pretty sweet. I just don't know #firstworldproblems