I think the gold just looks sick. I love the look and even if more women like it then men, then more women will like the look of my phone. I don't see a problem here at all. I will however have to invest in purple silk shirts and beige pants. Gotta rock Gold properly.
    trandz and Ipheuria like this.
    09-14-2013 07:28 PM
    Would having a gold iPhone make you look like a d-bag? I want the gold one because it is different from my silver iPhone 5. I like the black one too but I think it would be more prone to scuffs and scratches.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    09-14-2013 07:36 PM
    Opulence. I has it.

You just made my whole f'ing day complete.

Actually I'd like the gold more if it was with black and not white glass. But whatever.
    Mr.Willie and Ipheuria like this.
    09-14-2013 07:40 PM
    They used to say the same thing about the white color. Personally, I think the gold color is awesome. I don't like it as much as the silver, but it is awesome.
    09-14-2013 09:42 PM
    Actually I'd like the gold more if it was with black and not white glass. But whatever.
    I was saying the same thing to a friend the other day. Don't think I'll be getting the Gold one unless it's my only option.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-14-2013 10:25 PM
    I hate to say this, but with the white glass it looks...cheap! It just doesn't read high end to me at all and instead just screams novelty.
    09-14-2013 10:44 PM
    Agreed. Black and gold or purple and gold would be awesome.
    09-14-2013 11:27 PM
    I hate to say this, but with the white glass it looks...cheap! It just doesn't read high end to me at all and instead just screams novelty.
    I agree. Would look better in black with gold accents. Steeler fan here, so maybe I'm bias ...
    09-15-2013 03:15 AM
    I'm getting gold to match my grill lol jk

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

My only question: car or face?
    Car.

09-15-2013 12:06 PM
    I think the gold looks classy. I'm not big on gold, specifically gold jewelry but the gold iPhone seems to be more of a subtle gold, not too overwhelming. If/when I upgrade I will be getting the gold. Although I do wish they released a 4th color option, that being a gold/black combo. Now that would look real slick.
    09-15-2013 04:39 PM
    Vikings fan? Hah, I think purple and gold would look pretty cool as well. I, myself, am a Vikings fan. Also my favorite color is purple, and my high school colors were purple and gold.
    09-15-2013 04:41 PM
    Vikings fan? Hah, I think purple and gold would look pretty cool as well. I, myself, am a Vikings fan. Also my favorite color is purple, and my high school colors were purple and gold.

Not so much. I’d much prefer a Navy and Orange phone...maybe with a big #6 stenciled on the back... da Bears.
    kjparfekt likes this.
    09-15-2013 05:00 PM
    The bears lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    09-15-2013 06:40 PM
    The bears lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    Da Bears!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-15-2013 07:44 PM
    Who's still debating? I have a black 5 right now... Looked at a friend's white 5 this am... Still on the fence whether to stay black (space grey) or go white, then decide silver vs gold... Arghhh

I was set in black/grey but now I'm wondering... I'm worried that - for me -the novelty of the gold will wear off. The white/silver would be something pretty much different than all my past iPhones. But part of me still wants to play it safe and go black.
    09-16-2013 04:34 PM
    Who's still debating? I have a black 5 right now... Looked at a friend's white 5 this am... Still on the fence whether to stay black (space grey) or go white, then decide silver vs gold... Arghhh

I was set in black/grey but now I'm wondering... I'm worried that - for me -the novelty of the gold will wear off. The white/silver would be something pretty much different than all my past iPhones. But part of me still wants to play it safe and go black.
    Go gold !!

09-16-2013 09:32 PM

I am not so much worried about the novelty wearing off, I am worried that everyone is going to get it. I like to have a different color, and I have a feeling that gold will be real popular. Plus, it has a white face. I like the way white looks; however, I also like to use colored cases to mix things up so I do not get bored. White face with red, orange, etc can look real feminine real quick IMO. But those same colors with the black face look fine. Just my ignorant opinion.......although I am going to put hands on it before deciding.
    09-16-2013 10:34 PM
    With only 3 colors, I guarantee plenty of others will have the same color.
    ladyc0524 and LCW like this.
    09-16-2013 10:46 PM
    I'm getting gold to match my grill lol jk

do it up Paul Wall style lol
    Peligro911 likes this.
    09-16-2013 11:48 PM
    I saw a picture with Black/Slate beside Space Grey and the Space Grey is not as nice IMO. I know blah blah hard to anodize blah. But damn why didn't they do Gold with Black accents? Now I'm flip flopping between Gold and Space Grey. I hate the white face but the Sky Grey is not appealing at all.
    09-16-2013 11:51 PM
    I saw a picture with Black/Slate beside Space Grey and the Space Grey is not as nice IMO. I know blah blah hard to anodize blah. But damn why didn't they do Gold with Black accents? Now I'm flip flopping between Gold and Space Grey. I hate the white face but the Sky Grey is not appealing at all.
    Hmm that's what i was afraid of, that the grey is not black enough. Do you happen to have that picture?
    09-17-2013 12:26 AM
    I'd just like to say --

Of course the gold iPhone looks feminine. Absolutely.

So none of you guys are going to want it on Friday.

And so it's going to sit in the Apple Store, waiting for me ... I mean, others ... to buy it without having to brave the early lines.

UPDATE: You especially don't want a 64 GB gold one.

Just think of it as a giant handbag.
    09-17-2013 11:09 AM
    Hmm that's what i was afraid of, that the grey is not black enough. Do you happen to have that picture?
    I'll search and post it up if I can find it.
    09-17-2013 12:39 PM
    here it is
    Does the gold iPhone look feminine?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1379436331.123715.jpg
    09-17-2013 12:45 PM
    here it is
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1379436331.123715.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	38036
    The space gray looks great on that picture.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-17-2013 12:46 PM
55 123