Better to order from Apple or Verizon?

AirHej1

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
This is the first time I'm planning on ordering the new iPhone on release day. Given past history, is it better to order off of Apple or Verizon's website to get the 5S? Who has shipped faster in the past? Which site runs out of stock quicker? I'm getting the subsidized 16 GB model. Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'd say Apple... once you have a UPS tracking number - you can direct UPS to hold it at their Depot and pick up rather than wait around all day until the UPS truck might get to you on their route sometime during the day...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's always a much more stream lined experience (in my opinion) to go through the Apple store and not the carrier. I stopped using the carrier to order my iPhone back when the 3G came out...

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am with every one else on this one i say Apple never had any issues i have ordered from the 4 and will soon be the 5s through their web portal. I am with ATT carriers seem to do crazy things with tracking and order status updates just look at the threads once they start.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For the best all around experience, I would definitely get it from Apple.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm ordering via Verizon since I'm doing an alternate upgrade and, as far as I know, there's no way to do that through Apple.

I think it can be done in the Apple store on launch day since Verizon reps will be there to oversee any issues that come up.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm ordering from Verizon. Not that the Apple experience is bad, but I have had really good luck getting the new phones the next week at Verizon stores. Apple stores are kind of my last ditch effort since the nearest one is close to 2 hours away.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would go with Apple and I am in fact - My local Apple Store where I can go in and have that experience of taking off the shrink wrap, open the box and be the first to touch it before a Blue shirt starts adding it along with anything else I get to my Credit card. :)

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it can be done in the Apple store on launch day since Verizon reps will be there to oversee any issues that come up.

I work though, so online is my only option. I'm ok with waiting a while for my phone to ship if it comes to that. I'm not in a massive hurry or anything. I'm a pretty patient dude, what can I say lol.

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't decided yet. I ordered the 4, 4s, and the 5 from Verizon. I am thinking about doing this one with Apple since they will give me a credit for my iPhone 5. Assuming I decide to order it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
For those who have purchased at a Verizon store on release day, what kinds of lines have you encountered? How long of a wait? (Although I imagine with no pre-order this year, the situation will likely be different.)

Terry1960

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Since Apple isn't doing preorders for the iPhone 5S, I’m going to go stand in line at the VZW store. What time should I get there? Will I need to camp out over night?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods