cnet Article: Five disappointing things about the iPhone 5S

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I wish apple made a bigger screen and 128 gigs of storage and all day battery life too. I also wish hopstop was already integrated into maps instead of having to wait till next year. but that said the 5S is amazing. the move to 64 bit will make it scream, and it will curbstomp all the androids in speed. The camera is awesome and I love all the new things it brings, and I'm so ready for touch ID.

I'm sick of these ingrate bloggers and apple haters saying apple doesn't innovate. It's fine to want more, I do too, but give credit where its due for crying out loud.

These bloggers and apple haters apparently confuse "innovate" with big screens, superfluous changes in the look of the phone and featuritis (checking off every spec you can come up with, and cramming in every half baked, useless gimmick you can find into the phone.)

throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks is not innovating. I wish the people that get PAID to write in tech understood this.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand what people want, it's and S model. Apple hasn't made huge changes on any S models. Biggest change and innovation this year is iOS 7. 5S with iOS 7 will be a huge success just like every other iPhone has been.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I agree. The only people likely to read the CNET article are ones that should know about the whole "S" update phase for the iPhones. If you expected something significantly different, you haven't been paying attention in 2011 and 2009.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just because, in theory, that they would drop the 16g, doesn't mean the price would stay the same for higher models.

Perhaps, but I am going based on history, and the fact that flash memory isn't particularly expensive.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of people who don't want the iPhone screen to get any bigger. I have small hands, and the current size suits me fine. If I want a bigger screen, I use my iPad mini. The storage doesn't bother me either. I have a 64gb mini, because I found 32gb wasn't enough for me on an iPad. But I have to run into issues with 32gb on my iPhone.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
People are saying that the iPhone 5s is gonna be disappointing but when the release date comes let's see how disappointing it really is

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I think Apple can wait out the big phone fad until it passes. We'll see. As long as all of my choices for a high end phone aren't too big for my taste, I don't care.

- Matt

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I think Apple can wait out the big phone fad until it passes. We'll see. As long as all of my choices for a high end phone aren't too big for my taste, I don't care.

- Matt
Let me say I want a bigger screen on the iPhone. I think a 5 inch screen is perfect. Now saying that, didn't both the big screen leaders The Galaxy S4 & the HTC One both come out with mini versions? Hmmmmm ...

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's funny...with my iPhone 4S, I was convinced it was the perfectly sized phone. Now I feel the same with the 5! I wouldn't want anything bigger.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
It's funny...with my iPhone 4S, I was convinced it was the perfectly sized phone. Now I feel the same with the 5! I wouldn't want anything bigger.

Completely agree. I had a 4 and love the screen size, but ended up going with android to get LTE on verizon. after that, its been a constant race for me getting bigger and bigger phones until I got a Note 2 At this point, i'm completely burnt out with these phones. even the HTC One is a little too big to use completely one-handed. Now I'm getting the 5s and super excited to finally have a truly pocketable phone again.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Completely agree. I had a 4 and love the screen size, but ended up going with android to get LTE on verizon. after that, its been a constant race for me getting bigger and bigger phones until I got a Note 2 At this point, i'm completely burnt out with these phones. even the HTC One is a little too big to use completely one-handed. Now I'm getting the 5s and super excited to finally have a truly pocketable phone again.

Lol you've come to your senses again. :) Your pocket welcomes your phone back.

- Matt