iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I use a white/teal speck case on my 5S Gold

Sent from my gorgeous and beautiful 32 GB Gold iPhone 5S

I find that it is difficult finding cases that look good with the gold iPhone. Many if the cases that I have tried make the phone look gaudy. I think it's the reason why I prefer to use a sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I find that it is difficult finding cases that look good with the gold iPhone. Many if the cases that I have tried make the phone look gaudy. I think it's the reason why I prefer to use a sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Well, the gold iPhone does have more potential to look gaudy then the space grey or silver, IMO. However, a clear case or a black case might have less potential to look gaudy.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

Last edited:

anon(767240)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm using spigen ultra hybrid and spigen glass t slim screen protector
yregazys.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, the gold iPhone does have more potential to look gaudy then the space grey or silver, IMO. However, a clear case or a black case might have less potential to look gaudy.

I disagree with the "gaudy" remark. The iPhone GOLD 5s looks impressive and unique....IMHO. If I'm not mistaken the gold iPhone lead in the iMore contest.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I disagree with the "gaudy" remark. The iPhone GOLD 5s looks impressive and unique....IMHO. If I'm not mistaken the gold iPhone lead in the iMore contest.

He wasn't referring to the gold on its own. He was talking about in a case it has the "potential" to look gaudy. The gold on its own is awesomeness.

Sent from my 64GB, Gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
He wasn't referring to the gold on its own. He was talking about in a case it has the "potential" to look gaudy. The gold on its own is awesomeness.

Sent from my 64GB, Gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Thanks for the clarification on someone else's opinion.....SMILE

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Naked or in a case?

i personally dont like the feel of it without a case, feels too thin and fragile. no screen protector, i dont like the feel of the " plasticy" feel on the tip of my fingers from the screen protector. i have a tech21 neon orange case on it, really slick and has a very secure feel to it, and does not attract dirt and dust like other cases do.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

i personally dont like the feel of it without a case, feels too thin and fragile. no screen protector, i dont like the feel of the " plasticy" feel on the tip of my fingers from the screen protector. i have a tech21 neon orange case on it, really slick and has a very secure feel to it, and does not attract dirt and dust like other cases do.

View attachment 49809View attachment 49810View attachment 49811

I think that case looks really good with the gold iPhone. I had one for my old Note 3 and it was really a nice case.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

I think that case looks really good with the gold iPhone. I had one for my old Note 3 and it was really a nice case.

That Tech 21 case looks good with all iPhones, IMO. I just wish it was compatible with more screen protectors instead of making them peel/bubble or, if they're glass, pop off.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

agreed! it really does look nice with the white and gold. luckily, my favorite color is orange, so i am very happy :)

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I need a case as much for grip as I do protection because I've found that every iphone since the iphone 4 although look great are really not to comfortable to hold especially with dry hands. I spent ?1.50 in this case off ebay & it's perfect. Minimal added bulk, a rubbery feel for great grip & full access to all ports as well as keeping the back & sides untouched for when I come to sell it. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1392971058.232497.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1392971071.926976.jpg

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Yes. It was released this past Wednesday or somewhere around there. Much better than Zagg HD.
View attachment 49380

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5s using iMore Forums app

I've been using it since it arrived at Best Buys a couple weeks ago. It's so great. It looks and feels amazing. I'm always forgetting I have this installed. The installation process was easy, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I often put on a case and sometimes roll free and naked. But my girlfriend has this case which I think is pretty cool. Although she doesn't care as much if she has a case or not.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1399510820.573198.jpg

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods