iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I have to admit, the 5/5s is one of the best looking smartphones on the market and I hate covering it up, but accidents do happen and I just can't see myself taking a chance and going outside of my house without protection. Good luck to those who choose NOT to use a case of some sort.

I believe in condoms too! Cheers!

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

MDsmartphone

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I use an unu battery case. Much better than the other bulky cases that do nothing. Might as well add some battery reserve. Case feels good with soft touch back. Cheaper and bigger battery than the mophie though my wife has the mophie and it looks and feels better. I prefer the unu

Personally i hate the feel of the glass on the naked iphone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronind

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Earlier in this thread I had posted on why I intend to have my gold iPhone 5s naked...
I slightly regret that decision as I dropped my 5s 2 days back...it just slipped off my hand...tried my best to stop it from hitting the floor but...
Not to worry much though as it is only a very minor dent on the top right bottom corner...started looking for the slimmest cover available on the market...
Accidents happen :)
Love my gold 5s!!!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Earlier in this thread I had posted on why I intend to have my gold iPhone 5s naked...
I slightly regret that decision as I dropped my 5s 2 days back...it just slipped off my hand...tried my best to stop it from hitting the floor but...
Not to worry much though as it is only a very minor dent on the top right bottom corner...started looking for the slimmest cover available on the market...
Accidents happen :)
Love my gold 5s!!!

I think that the first drop is the worst because your perfect iPhone is no longer perfect. But I would assume that subsequent scratches or dents won't affect you as much. I love how the phone feels and looks naked. I have been using mine without a case for the last week. I do carry it in a sleeve, but when I'm actually using it, it is completely unclothed.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I was using a clear case for my white 5c. I'm now rolling naked and love it. The clear case looked to me like it was changing color. It could've just been my eyes. I'm not sure.

That was why I couldn't use a clear case on mine. It looked like a rainbow. A bit like how oil and water looks on the ground.

Ronind

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I think that the first drop is the worst because your perfect iPhone is no longer perfect. But I would assume that subsequent scratches or dents won't affect you as much. I love how the phone feels and looks naked. I have been using mine without a case for the last week. I do carry it in a sleeve, but when I'm actually using it, it is completely unclothed.

:)
And it was the top right corner by the way.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
As much as I like to keep my phone looking mint I just cannot stand cases. I always end up taking them off which result in a waste of money for me.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
As much as I like to keep my phone looking mint I just cannot stand cases. I always end up taking them off which result in a waste of money for me.

Me too. I buy them then use them for a few days then get sick of them. I no longer use one and don't plan on wasting my money with anymore.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Are you using a case now?

Yes. I'm using a wallet case actually.
It's dark when I took the photos.
ypytaves.jpg

anebu5az.jpg

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Cases can be so good looking. The Element cases, the Tech 21 cases. There's lots of nice looking stuff out there and I'm often on the hunt for something sharp looking.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

ericy51

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Naked or in a case?

I know a lot people like the clean naked look but I found some real cool cases at Deadstock Designs. Nice snap cases with high quality matte rubber finish. Cool designs if you're looking for the street/urban look.ElephantIP5_Back.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Naked or in a case?

Zagg Glass screen proctector and Luvvitt slim line crystal clear case today. Tommorrow may bring something different....SMILE