iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
This is the first iphone i have naked. Only a screen protector. So if I set it down on a surface I put it screen down so any scratches will only affect the screen protector. Or it goes in my pocket. Or cell pocket in my purse. It's never left out next to keys or whatever I always know where it is and if I don't know I find it and make sure it's in a safe place. Basically if you're not willing to make that kind of effort get a case. I'm constantly on top of it because the damned thing is gorgeous. But if you can't keep track of it like I do get a case!!! I've had my 5s since Halloween afternoon and there's not a scratch on it. It's been naked the whole time. (I do have a clear case for when I don't care as much about the look and awesome aluminum feel) 

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
This is the first iphone i have naked. Only a screen protector. So if I set it down on a surface I put it screen down so any scratches will only affect the screen protector. Or it goes in my pocket. Or cell pocket in my purse. It's never left out next to keys or whatever I always know where it is and if I don't know I find it and make sure it's in a safe place. Basically if you're not willing to make that kind of effort get a case. I'm constantly on top of it because the damned thing is gorgeous. But if you can't keep track of it like I do get a case!!! I've had my 5s since Halloween afternoon and there's not a scratch on it. It's been naked the whole time. (I do have a clear case for when I don't care as much about the look and awesome aluminum feel) 

You may want to think about getting having a Zagg Invisible Shield Full-Body kit (or the equivalent) installed.

Sent from my iRiidium iPad Air LTE

DavidRupa

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
from the second I pulled it out of the box it came in and it almost slid out of my hands how slick the phone is, its had a case. I cant understand how people hold onto this slippery phone without a case, octopus hands?

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
from the second I pulled it out of the box it came in and it almost slid out of my hands how slick the phone is, its had a case. I cant understand how people hold onto this slippery phone without a case, octopus hands?

I don't even note whether its slippery or not. I can't imagine how people keep their phones from getting scratched up and what-not without a case. The thought of using my phones or iPad without a case is rather uncomfortable...makes my sphincter clench up really.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
You may want to think about getting having a Zagg Invisible Shield Full-Body kit (or the equivalent) installed.

Sent from my iRiidium iPad Air LTE

Yeah I should. That's not up for debate. But I can't bring myself to make my phone glossy and not feel like it does. I love it naked. And so long as I can take care of it, I'll leave it naked.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I should. That's not up for debate. But I can't bring myself to make my phone glossy and not feel like it does. I love it naked. And so long as I can take care of it, I'll leave it naked.

Until that day that you drop it! I would love to keep my iPhone case free but in my line of work, I just cant. Keep it safe!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
The funny thing is that everyone I know who has broken their screen (4 people, including my wife) had a case on it.

I am more concerned with scratches and such. I know that there is a risk of screens still busting in a case. Check out Otterbox and LP FB page, it's full of people who are pissed that their screen broke while in the case. I know that no case will protect a phone 100 percent. I know that if I drop my phone out in the field, that the scratches will be prevented. If the screen breaks, well that sucks too.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up my my new 5s today, and hated putting it in a case. But way to much to much money not to protect, so in new lifeproof it went.

tommyreyes

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I never use a case unless I'm going out for a long period of time. At that point, I throw on my Mophie Juice Pack Plus for the extra battery power.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

stteve#CB

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Ghost Armor to best experience and enjoy the size of the iPhone. No large cases (like Otterbox) for me. If I wanted a larger phone I would have gotten a Samsung Note!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
These are the cases I have for my iPhone 5s
y8y7anev.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit, the 5/5s is one of the best looking smartphones on the market and I hate covering it up, but accidents do happen and I just can't see myself taking a chance and going outside of my house without protection. Good luck to those who choose NOT to use a case of some sort.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I was using a clear case for my white 5c. I'm now rolling naked and love it. The clear case looked to me like it was changing color. It could've just been my eyes. I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2