iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I got the red a Apple leather case which I love and actually kept on my phone for over a month. I usually go naked so what happens I take it off to try and clean it then I felt my phone naked again LOL. I missed being naked so now I am again for awhile.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Rocking with otterbox commuter!! Same like all my previous phone..
I may going to try the mophie juice..will purchase it later 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Always in a case. I can't see how I can keep them in perfect like-new condition without a case.

Sent from my iRidium 128GB iPad Air LTE

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts are: does it really matter if the phone is in perfect condition? Not to me. I used to go back and forth with cases- changing them, buying new ones all the time. I, personally would rather have a few scratches than cover it up. The only case I ever truly liked was the apple leather, but now I have taken that off as well.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
My thoughts are: does it really matter if the phone is in perfect condition? Not to me. I used to go back and forth with cases- changing them, buying new ones all the time. I, personally would rather have a few scratches than cover it up. The only case I ever truly liked was the apple leather, but now I have taken that off as well.

I have this disorder where it really matters to me. I want my two iPhones and iPad to always looks brand-spanking-new as long as I own them.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this disorder where it really matters to me. I want my two iPhones and iPad to always looks brand-spanking-new as long as I own them.

EXACTLY how I feel, I believe in taking care of ALL my "stuff", not just my iPhone.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
EXACTLY how I feel, I believe in taking care of ALL my "stuff", not just my iPhone.

I take care of my stuff too, but if you use it everyday there is no way to avoid wear and tear. I don't cover my watch with a case, or my shoes, etc. , etc.
Besides, half the time the home button stops working or dust gets in the camera lens or something like that happens before the phone is cosmetically destroyed from normal use.
Also, I do have a good case on my iPad because I plan on keeping that until it is no longer functional 😊

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I take care of my stuff too, but if you use it everyday there is no way to avoid wear and tear. I don't cover my watch with a case, or my shoes, etc. , etc.
Besides, half the time the home button stops working or dust gets in the camera lens or something like that happens before the phone is cosmetically destroyed from normal use.

I've never had any of those problems on any of my phones so. So when I sell them, they just look and work as if brand-spanking new. I'm always a little proud of my ability to keep my "stuff" in such good condition.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If I didn't resell my phones I wouldn't worry about a case as much. I like getting maximum dollar value and I take pride knowing that the buyer is getting a great phone that will continue to work like it was new. I love the iPhone naked though. It's just not worth the risk for me.

Sent using Tapatalk

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I've never had any of those problems on any of my phones so. So when I sell them, they just look and work as if brand-spanking new. I'm always a little proud of my ability to keep my "stuff" in such good condition.

Point taken. I guess I wasn't considering resale, as I have never sold one.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

If the phone is in perfect condition the more the buy back credit will be when you go get the next iPhone...

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Well, thing is, the iPhone is so well-crafted that even the slightest damage sticks out like a sore thumb. Other people may not realize it, but it irritates me, and I can't ignore it now that I know it's there.

This, and I still carry my iPhone around naked. :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ronind

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Looks cool without a case...and after all the money spent on it I don't want to hide its beauty ;)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Looks cool without a case...and after all the money spent on it I don't want to hide its beauty ;)

I understand not wanting to hide the beauty, so why not get a completely clear case and a nice tempered glass screen protector? That way you can still see the iPhone's beauty but know that it will be protected and maintained in like-new condition should you want to sell it and get top-dollar.

Ronind

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I understand not wanting to hide the beauty, so why not get a completely clear case and a nice tempered glass screen protector? That way you can still see the iPhone's beauty but know that it will be protected and maintained in like-new condition should you want to sell it and get top-dollar.

I understand your point...it has been only a week with my 5s...maybe I will get a protector in a few weeks to preserve its beauty...naked until then :)

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
If the phone is in perfect condition the more the buy back credit will be when you go get the next iPhone...

Very true, but I get to enjoy it now the way I like it, caseless. I totally understand wanting to keep it in perfect condition, that's just not what I am personally going to do with my phone. Believe me, I have been through a number if cases, but I just keep going back to the comfort and thinness of no case. That's just me, everyone who wants to keep it perfect in order to sell later, that's cool too.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Very true, but I get to enjoy it now the way I like it, caseless. I totally understand wanting to keep it in perfect condition, that's just not what I am personally going to do with my phone. Believe me, I have been through a number if cases, but I just keep going back to the comfort and thinness of no case. That's just me, everyone who wants to keep it perfect in order to sell later, that's cool too.

That's exactly how I am, it's crazy lol. I love cases but I love not wearing a case.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner