iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I like to upgrade my iPhone every year & an important factor of being able to do that is to keep my phone in the best condition as possible for sell in purposes. I personally think that the iPhone 4/4s 5/5s are great to look at but not very nice to hold. The iphone 5c is a better design practically (IMHO). If your not keen on cases then a screen protector is still a must. I have a S line case which cost me ?1 off ebay & it's perfect. Adds no bulk, adds good grip, easy access to all ports etc & cost barely nothing & adds protection & looks good. That along with a screen protector that cost me ?1 for 10 & my phone is protected for the sum of ?2 & makes sure my phone will hold its value. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1382802358.616208.jpg

cool47

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Leather one feels great in the hand as well. Picked up a Speck with grips today, nice case but doesn't look that great. Also have a UAG black, looks slick on the white phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Hi stefano. I earlier had HTC one and that too without a case and it dropped off my pocket and was broken into pieces. 5 months later that is now(in new year) I have brought iphone5c and brought a case from UAG. I liked the case.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After experimenting with a couple of different cases, I've settled on one "go to" case and thats the Gold Spigen Tough Armor case...it's clean and doesn't add to much bulk, I really like it.

Last edited:

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I use two cases for my main case. The gold studded barely there case-mate case and the orange and clear tech21 impact band case.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389220696.876283.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389220696.876283.jpg

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I can't imagine not using a case, especially with an iPhone. The 5s' body, while nice-looking, is not the most blemish-resistant, to put it mildly. If you want to keep your phone without Knicks and scratches a case is pretty much mandatory IMO.

Sent from a 5s

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
te2u7a4a.jpg

ju4asa8a.jpg

uguqeveb.jpg

Spigen Gold Tough Armor case

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have mine in a case. I've got a bumper which covers the back and sides. The bumper is clear on the back so that the gold colour of the phone can still be seen. I then put the phone into a leather effect slip case which protects the screen when it's in my bag.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've got it in a case. I don't want the back/sides to get scratched. However the back of my case is transparent so the gold finish can be seen. I used to have black iPhones so they were always covered, but this time wanted something that would show the beautiful design.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
i don't have a 5S yet, but i've pretty much used the Spigen cases on my iPhones. The Air is my favorite.

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Update: I've generally preferred not using a case at all, or at least a very minimal one, because I honestly just don't drop my phone. Ever. But I've learned by experience that I can't trust my loved ones to handle my tech with the same level of care. Sure enough, my wife dropped my naked iPhone 5S on the ground. This left a deep gouge in the metal frame on a bottom corner, but no other damage. So now I use a Spigen Slim Armor case. The plastic frames are available from Spigen/Amazon separately in different colors, which makes changing up the case color simple and fun.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
When I used a 4S, I never put it in a case because it was hard to scratch and I wasn't worried about dropping it much.

Monday, I went to BestBuy and bought a Griffin case for my 4S and a Incase sleeve for my iPad Mini. I had the same Griffin case for the 4S that my boss had given me last year and I used it once in a while but I still liked the 4S naked.

The Griffin case gives it something to hold on to now at least especially on cold days.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2