iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Naked or in a case?

All my other iPhones I've started off with various different cases but always resort to having the phone naked. There's just something about the feel of having a naked iPhone in your hand that adds to the experience.

I don't think i'll bother wasting money on cases this time around, i'll be covered by my insurance anyway.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

All my other iPhones I've started off with various different cases but always resort to having the phone naked. There's just something about the feel of having a naked iPhone in your hand that adds to the experience.

I don't think i'll bother wasting money on cases this time around, i'll be covered by my insurance anyway.

I say this to myself all the time until I drop my phone and get a nick or scratch. Then I case up.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

I hate having a case on my precious baby. I also hate all the screen protectors. But it really depends on the environment around you, and your behavior. I am Egyptian, I live in Qatar. Since everything is quite here in Qatar I do not really use a case, or even a screen protector. I always keep a free pocket for my iPhone (or any other smartphone I had), everything else as keys, and wallet also tissue goes to the other pocket(s).

But when I travel back to Egypt for a short summer holiday, since it's a holiday and I get to spend more time out having fun. I always get a silicon or a plastic case for my iPhone to protect it, but that's a temporary case. I instantly stop using it once I land in Qatar.

It also depends if you have kids or not, and if their behavior too. If you had cases before where they threw / dropped your smartphones then you need an otterbox, not only a silicon or plastic case. If not, you should be safe.

Although I never use a case, or a screen protector I tend to keep my iPhone scratch free for as long as I own it. I had an iPhone 4S 2 years ago, it stayed with me for a year, then when BlackBerry 10 was introduced I wanted to give it a try so my mom decided to take my iPhone 4S... Now I feel sad for that phone, it is full of scratches, coffee stains and much more. Now that I am planning to move back to iPhones again I don't think I will use a case.

*I get crazy when it comes to scratches. I bought an iPad Mini 3 months ago when I was in a short holiday in San Francisco, but because I allowed my family to share it with me and they treated it carelessly just like everything else, it of course go scratched. One day later I decided to give them the iPad Mini, and get myself a new one that none of them was allowed even to touch...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: who's rolling naked with their 5s?

If I were ordering one, it would not be hidden inside a case after I received it....:)

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I bought a black leather case, one of the new ones. I had planned on doing that though, that's actually a big reason I waited at the Apple store all night instead of going to a carrier store. :p

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Not me, I never got a case for my previous iPhones, but this one feels like It needs more caring :D

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I went naked with my 5 and it ended up looking like I got silver and black. Not slate and black. LOL.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I had zero, ZERO, intentions of getting a case. Now that I am holding this beauty, I am going to get one. Easily the most beautiful device I have owned, the one most worth showing off, and my chickens##t behind is casing her.

PS, I have missed you OP ;)

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

I'll be going through the usual assortment of new cases for the 5. Got an offer just this morning from a new company with an impressive looking case. I'll have it before I have my 5S!

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site

I reallllllly wish they had brought back the bumpers.

Bumpers gave good protection but at the same time were open to showing off the back of the device. For my i5 I found a bumper made by some generic company that looks exactly like Apple's original bumper - so I guess I'll just continue rocking it with my gold 5S :D

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

rolling naked is the plan for my 5S... can't stand having a thick case on it. Been running my black 5 caseless. Very minor nicks, but nothing horrible. The space grey should be ever better for that.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I ALWAYS use a case. Always. I already have my Speck Candyshell, my screen protectors, and now I just need my shipment info on when I will get my new baby.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods